Jets at Bengals - Preseason Week # 2 -- Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you dudes talking about with this accuracy? Every ball is high. He got Hill jacked up in the first quarter and made him jump for that wide-open 17-yard catch.

We said accuracy, not pin point accuracy.  We didn't just get finished watching Joe Montana play. So if the receivers can catch it, and tonight they could, well then that is accurate. :)

What are you dudes talking about with this accuracy? Every ball is high. He got Hill jacked up in the first quarter and made him jump for that wide-open 17-yard catch.

Smith is gonna get some crossing receiver killed with the high throw.

SImply this is not an NFL QB. 10/13, 98 yards, an INT, mostly dumpoff crap, very little against the Bengals 1s; this is not good. Happened to be in the car for an errand before half. As per Lyons the Bengals' 2s were in all 2nd quarter when Geno "moved' the ball.

Blowing up after the INT at Nelson is kinda crap. You can do that if you are Tom Brady, not Geno Smith.Vick is so much smoother. If it's about winning games rather than trying to save the GM's reputation, Vick starts.

Amaro looked okay. Also, since Aboushi played the same position on the same HS as my son, we watched him; he looks okay. Not great, but that's way more progress than, say, Vlad Ducasse ever made.

Smith is gonna get some crossing receiver killed with the high throw.

SImply this is not an NFL QB. 10/13, 98 yards, an INT, mostly dumpoff crap, very little against the Bengals 1s; this is not good. Happened to be in the car for an errand before half. As per Lyons the Bengals' 2s were in all 2nd quarter when Geno "moved' the ball.

Blowing up after the INT at Nelson is kinda crap. You can do that if you are Tom Brady, not Geno Smith.Vick is so much smoother. If it's about winning games rather than trying to save the GM's reputation, Vick starts.

Amaro looked okay. Also, since Aboushi played the same position on the same HS as my son, we watched him; he looks okay. Not great, but that's way more progress than, say, Vlad Ducasse ever made.

I gave Geno a pass last year because he was clearly not ready to play, but the issues from last year are carrying over and it's concerning. The Jets Homer Community is defending him in the same way they defended Sanchez for five years--any play that's not a ButtFumble is a good play, and completing 4-yard swing passes is viewed as being Montana-esque. Simply put, if he's not leading the team to TDs, he has to sit. He gets six games to show that he's a legitimate NFL starting QB that can get the offense to score 25+ points consistently. Otherwise, they have to cut bait, and Idzik has to take a hard look at why quarterbacks don't function here. The early signs through two preseason games and practice reports indicate that Geno probably isn't the guy, which sucks.

Watching these other preseason games, the only first-team offense that's looked worse than the Jets is the Giants, and I haven't seen a potential starter (other than Eli) look so impotent. Watching that Eagles-Pats game this week, every QB who took a snap was throwing the ball down the field, attacking the defense, aggressively trying to score. Here? Six yards slants and swing passes, setting up the run. They neuter the QB position here and treat it like a liability. Nothing can grow from that.

Vick, too, looks old and indecisive. I know that giving him meaningful snaps is a bad idea long-term, but I'd like to see him get at least one series with the ones, if only to see how the other players respond to him. Geno has a bad habit of throwing the ball late and high, which puts his receivers in bad spots, which will ultimately make him a pariah, especially if Decker gets annoyed by it. Getting Vick some run next week could be revealing,

Boyd is terrible. 

I was pretty high on him coming out of college. I thought a 6th round pick was a bit of a steal. Dude can't even complete a pass to the flat.

his throwing form is just not there. never liked it in college the two times I saw him.

Though in fairness to me, I'm drunk for almost every game. But I'm usually at a bar, so I don't hit the game thread until later that night.

Once the shouting dies down, right? Gives you a better perspective. But how do you remember what actually happened?

If we had signed Landry and Revis...could we have fit Mo and Decker w the cap?

Possibly.  But if Geno ends up our QB we're going to need some coin stashed away to re-sign him.  Or pay our future franchise QB, whoever that is.  Andy Dalton just got $115M so whether a team has a QB or not, you're going to have major holes on your roster.  Even in preparation for when you have to significantly overpay an average QB (or better).

Possibly.  But if Geno ends up our QB we're going to need some coin stashed away to re-sign him.  Or pay our future franchise QB, whoever that is.  Andy Dalton just got $115M so whether a team has a QB or not, you're going to have major holes on your roster.  Even in preparation for when you have to significantly overpay an average QB (or better).

cap is increasing...not paying good players because you might need to pay a QB you dont have yet is an easy way to get fired.

cap is increasing...not paying good players because you might need to pay a QB you dont have yet is an easy way to get fired.

Overpaying guys when you're not even sure you HAVE a QB isn't a good strategy either.  The contract Landry got with Indy was nuts, especially since we just got Pryor for a much cheaper cost, and he looks like the real deal.  

And we've discussed Revis here ad nauseum.  He's not a Jet, end of story.

Dalton won't see 115M, it's more like a 3 yr 35M deal. If he does see it, it'll be because he's proven to be a top 5 QB and/or the cap has gone up insanely enough that it becomes the norm

Allen had a good game, not to mention he can be better with more reps, it's crazy how many flags were thrown but that push off was ignored.

Pryor got robbed, that was a fumble, caught then the receiver made a move with it before Pryor knocked it loose. But still i liked his debut.

Wilson was out of position, there should have been a safety up top.

Geno's interception was do to nelson's mistake, but i still haven't seen a touchdown pass from geno.

Allen had a good game, not to mention he can be better with more reps, it's crazy how many flags were thrown but that push off was ignored.

Pryor got robbed, that was a fumble, caught then the receiver made a move with it before Pryor knocked it loose. But still i liked his debut.

Geno's interception was do to nelson's mistake, but i still haven't seen a touchdown pass from geno.

Wilson is still playing his patented back to the ball technique to perfection -- using eyes in the back of his head.  Unfortunately, he is legally blind in both of them.

I do agree that green pushed off and should have been flagged

Archived