Sanchez Available For Trade - Eagles

j4jets

Backup quarterback might be a job nobody wants, but when a team employs a good one he can be a big asset.

Not only does a stellar backup give a team insurance if a starter goes down with injury, but -- as the Philadelphia Eagles know well -- a solid backup can be a trade-chip.

In that vein, Eagles coach Chip Kelly was asked Sunday what he'd say if another team called and said they were interested in backup Mark Sanchez.

"What are you giving me?" Kelly replied, per CSN Philly. "I mean, we'll listen to anything for anybody. We're not just going to put our head in the sand and say no. It better be a pretty good deal in terms of what it is. But that's not in any of our thought process."

Now, certainly it's true that every team will listen to offers on just about any player on their roster. What is interesting here is that this question is being asked about a man who just a few months ago left New York better known as Mr. Butt Fumble than being a competent quarterback a team might actually covet.

Two preseason games have apparently changed the narrative. Sanchez has completed 18 of 22 passes (82 percent) for 196 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.

"Mark has played well, but we haven't had anybody call or ask us anything," Kelly said. "That's not something we're talking about because you're just spending time on things that could happen, should happen. I don't know. But I know we're really happy about him."

Despite how Jets fans view Sanchez, he's far from an incompetent signal-caller. After what Kelly did for starting quarterback Nick Foles last year we shouldn't be surprised if the coach makes Sanchez useful, even if it's as a trade chip down the road.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000379236/article/kelly-eagles-would-listen-if-teams-want-mark-sanchez

What would Sanchez' position be there?  They've got Blake Bortles getting ready to be the future and Chad Henne to be the journeyman veteran who plays until the future takes over.  Probably half a season, maybe a whole season.

Its more of a joke that the Jaguars entire team is a bunch of 2's...

The reality is Sanchez had to go, no doubt about that and many factors contributed to that end. However, Sanchez is not nearly as bad as some Jets fans think he is. He's not great by any stretch but he has the tools to be very good if given the chance to succeed.

Chip Kelly will no doubt revive his career because hes a damn good offensive coach and understands the position and what he has to work with in a QB unlike the Jets of the past 15 years who have been dysfunctional at best when handling QB's

We had one OC try to turn Viiny into a WC QB and then another OC try to turn Pennington who is a WC QB into what Vinny was. It was mind boggling to think what went on here for so long was actually orchestrated by what were supposed to be professional football coaches.

If that was not enough it got worse with Shott and hit the depths of hell with Sparano. Sanchez came in here with a lot of promise and while he started to improve in year 2 and the beginning of year 3 the wheels fell off with 6 games to play and in year 4 he was throwing to guys that might have a hard time making a semi pro team. All that while the OL was falling apart and having to deal with the last year of Shotty and year one of Sparano.

For those of you claiming "its just preseason" need to look at what Mark did here in preseason which was just was bad as the regular season he never completed passes at a high percentage likes he's doing now and I think you should all be prepared for this kid to turn it around and make the Jets organization look even more dysfunctional. This team is in the longest offensive rut I have ever witnessed in my 45 years rooting for the team and rather than looking at the crap we have marched in here at the skill positions it seems the order of the decade is to just blame it all on the QB no matter what. The QB position has blinded both the organization and the fans and it seems like there is no end in sight because now I believe our QB position really is bad with Geno Smith . Look for Vick to take over at some stage early in the season UNLESS they tie Genos hands so much that he may not make plays but wont turn the ball over because we will play him so conservatively and rely on the defense he wont have the chance to make many mistakes.

If we do tie Genos hands (which I suspect we will) the time to evaluate him will be when he HAS to throw the football when we fall behind in games . That's a losing formula for QB's because when learning the position you don't just "turn it on" you guild and progress but this its not in the Jets game plan and its exacly why we ruined Sanchez.

This teams offense disgusts me on many levels and I really hope that changes but I don't think it will. We had the chance to Draft either Manziel or Garappolo and we passed to give Geno his shot which after what we have been through the past 5+ years is almost laughable. Garappolo looked like the real deal when I watched him march the Patriots up and down the field ,,, hes cool in the pocket has an amazingly quick release and has a strong arm he also looks the part scanning the field for open receivers and he does not stare them down. Manziel is already pushing Hoyer and will probably be the starter ...But hey the Jets didn't need any of these guys ..... We thought it too important in a Draft loaded with WR's in rounds 1 and 2 to draft WR's in rounds 4 and 5 .... Simply comical and simply the SAME OLD JETS.

The reality is Sanchez had to go, no doubt about that and many factors contributed to that end. However, Sanchez is not nearly as bad as some Jets fans think he is. He's not great by any stretch but he has the tools to be very good if given the chance to succeed.

Chip Kelly will no doubt revive his career because hes a damn good offensive coach and understands the position and what he has to work with in a QB unlike the Jets of the past 15 years who have been dysfunctional at best when handling QB's

We had one OC try to turn Viiny into a WC QB and then another OC try to turn Pennington who is a WC QB into what Vinny was. It was mind boggling to think what went on here for so long was actually orchestrated by what were supposed to be professional football coaches.

If that was not enough it got worse with Shott and hit the depths of hell with Sparano. Sanchez came in here with a lot of promise and while he started to improve in year 2 and the beginning of year 3 the wheels fell off with 6 games to play and in year 4 he was throwing to guys that might have a hard time making a semi pro team. All that while the OL was falling apart and having to deal with the last year of Shotty and year one of Sparano.

For those of you claiming "its just preseason" need to look at what Mark did here in preseason which was just was bad as the regular season he never completed passes at a high percentage likes he's doing now and I think you should all be prepared for this kid to turn it around and make the Jets organization look even more dysfunctional. This team is in the longest offensive rut I have ever witnessed in my 45 years rooting for the team and rather than looking at the crap we have marched in here at the skill positions it seems the order of the decade is to just blame it all on the QB no matter what. The QB position has blinded both the organization and the fans and it seems like there is no end in sight because now I believe our QB position really is bad with Geno Smith . Look for Vick to take over at some stage early in the season UNLESS they tie Genos hands so much that he may not make plays but wont turn the ball over because we will play him so conservatively and rely on the defense he wont have the chance to make many mistakes.

If we do tie Genos hands (which I suspect we will) the time to evaluate him will be when he HAS to throw the football when we fall behind in games . That's a losing formula for QB's because when learning the position you don't just "turn it on" you guild and progress but this its not in the Jets game plan and its exacly why we ruined Sanchez.

This teams offense disgusts me on many levels and I really hope that changes but I don't think it will. We had the chance to Draft either Manziel or Garappolo and we passed to give Geno his shot which after what we have been through the past 5+ years is almost laughable. Garappolo looked like the real deal when I watched him march the Patriots up and down the field ,,, hes cool in the pocket has an amazingly quick release and has a strong arm he also looks the part scanning the field for open receivers and he does not stare them down. Manziel is already pushing Hoyer and will probably be the starter ...But hey the Jets didn't need any of these guys ..... We thought it too important in a Draft loaded with WR's in rounds 1 and 2 to draft WR's in rounds 4 and 5 .... Simply comical and simply the SAME OLD JETS.

I think you're hard-on for terrible QB's probably requires a doctor visit at this point.

Sanchez is ******* terrible.  Some meaningless time against player who wont be in the NFL in a couple of weeks doesnt change that...at all.  He's garbage.  Always was and always will be. 

That article says Foles and McCoy are available.  I would call about them first. 

"What are you giving me?" Kelly replied, per CSN Philly. "I mean, we'll listen to anything for anybody. We're not just going to put our head in the sand and say no. It better be a pretty good deal in terms of what it is. But that's not in any of our thought process."

no sh*t guy looked awesome

Yea he did. He's a gritty guy too. He goes hard until the whistle. He's not a sh_t talker, he just leaves it out on the field. What he seems not to have in talent he certainly makes up for with will and determination. Getting this guy anywhere outside of the 1st round was a steal. 

I think you're hard-on for terrible QB's probably requires a doctor visit at this point.

Sanchez is ******* terrible.  Some meaningless time against player who wont be in the NFL in a couple of weeks doesnt change that...at all.  He's garbage.  Always was and always will be. 

and your hard on for Idiots like Santonio Holmes and Rex Ryan needs a team of doctors.. Sanchez may never step on the field as an Eagle unless Foles falls off a cliff or gets hurt. But if he does then you can make your call then. Until that time Sanchez has worked with Idiots as coaches and piss poor talent nothing can change that. Whether or not what Sanchez is doing now translates to the regular season remains to be seen . Im just stating the fact he never played good consistently in a Jets Uniform either in the preseason or the regular season but that seems to be changing. Just because he played against  the 2's is irrelevant since hes throwing to the 2's as well..... 2's that might just be better that the 1's he was throwing to with the Jets/

and your hard on for Idiots like Santonio Holmes and Rex Ryan needs a team of doctors.. Sanchez may never step on the field as an Eagle unless Foles falls off a cliff or gets hurt. But if he does then you can make your call then. Until that time Sanchez has worked with Idiots as coaches and piss poor talent nothing can change that. Whether or not what Sanchez is doing now translates to the regular season remains to be seen . Im just stating the fact he never played good consistently in a Jets Uniform either in the preseason or the regular season but that seems to be changing. Just because he played against  the 2's is irrelevant since hes throwing to the 2's as well..... 2's that might just be better that the 1's he was throwing to with the Jets/

Mark-Sanchez-Scared-by-Drayton-Florence-

sanchezINT.gif

Archived