CAMP TWEETS MONDAY OK

T0mShane

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 50m
Saunders won't play Friday, per Ryan, ‪#‎nyj‬

Babin will get time with starters, but he's not replacing Coples in lineup, per Ryan, #nyj

Ryan on team's physical mentality vs Cincy: "We weren't going to be a punching bag." #nyj

Ryan confirms high-ankle sprain for Milliner. #nyj

Mangold toe injury, held out today. #nyj

Practice over. Great fan turnout. Guessing about 1,500 fans. Geno Smith most of first-team reps. Mangold sits. Decker returns. #nyj

Are you ******* kidding me? Mr. Crybaby we didnt sign DRC and any other CB on the market is now more concerned with the most proven players on the team rather than the position you've been whining about not addressing all offseason long?

the problem I see is that right now the Jets are on pace to be the JV champions.  we've seen Idzik build depth but not talent.   the Jets #2's + 3's have looked great both preseason games.    In fact, with Vick leading the team the Jets may have the best 2's in the NFL and there isn't that much of a gap b/w the 1st and 2nd team's.    

the issue is that Jets haven't added much talent at the top end.   the backups are definitely better this year but the starters are largely the same.  

Maybe there is a long term plan to develop the backups into top tier NFL players but I don't think Rex nor Idzik has that kind of time in the NY market.   In 2 preseason games we saw a team that wasn't competitive with 2 2013 playoff teams.  

Right now we have a great JV and pretty average varsity.

the problem I see is that right now the Jets are on pace to be the JV champions.  we've seen Idzik build depth but not talent.   the Jets #2's + 3's have looked great both preseason games.    In fact, with Vick leading the team the Jets may have the best 2's in the NFL and there isn't that much of a gap b/w the 1st and 2nd team's.    

the issue is that Jets haven't added much talent at the top end.   the backups are definitely better this year but the starters are largely the same.  

Maybe there is a long term plan to develop the backups into top tier NFL players but I don't think Rex nor Idzik has that kind of time in the NY market.   In 2 preseason games we saw a team that wasn't competitive with 2 2013 playoff teams.  

Right now we have a great JV and pretty average varsity.

Not sure what that has to do with our conversation...but I agree.  lol

They dont have the horses.  They need another offseason.  Hopefully some player develop this season and we have less glaring holes to fill.

all kyle Wilson needs is 2 interceptions and 1 sack or 2 interceptions and 7 defended passes to have his best season ever that doesn't seem like it should be hard. dee milliners rookie stats are just about the same as kyle wilsons career stats. but I hope rex is right either way it would be nice if that guy would contribute we have held onto him long enough and we invested a first round pick on him in a draft where we could have moved up 5 spots to grab dez Bryant or stayed where we were and drafted gronkowski or jimmy grahm (not that we would have known they would be as good as they are at that time)

Not sure what that has to do with our conversation...but I agree.  lol

They dont have the horses.  They need another offseason.  Hopefully some player develop this season and we have less glaring holes to fill.

"Glaring" holes we need to fill: #2 Corner, #2 WR

You could argue that between Vick and Geno, we even have a QB right now.

The rest of what we've got is pretty standard for an NFL team. Some great players, lots of good players, a few role players. Very few teams have only 1-2 "glaring" holes. There's absolutely no reason anyone should be of the mindset that they can't win right now... and this farce of "we're building towards something a couple years away" is a suckers bet. By the time we finish filling the glaring holes that made Rex a loser, we'll have new glaring holes to fill like LT and C. There are always soft spots. Always.

The rest of what we've got is pretty standard for an NFL team. Some great players, lots of good players, a few role players. Very few teams have only 1-2 "glaring" holes. There's absolutely no reason anyone should be of the mindset that they can't win right now... and this farce of "we're building towards something a couple years away" is a suckers bet. By the time we finish filling the glaring holes that made Rex a loser, we'll have new glaring holes to fill like LT and C. There are always soft spots. Always.

We don't know if Milliner or Decker is a #1 at their respective position. Tough argument to make that the Jets even okay at QB just yet. 

The team is young. Maybe they're set at #1 CB & TE, and maybe they're not. The OL is in transition. The OLBs are questionable. There are a lot of issues, still, with the talent on this team. 

Means more free passes for Rex, though, so that's good. 

that was kind of my point - we don't really have any great players.   Wilkerson and Richardson are both pretty good but neither are going to be in the DPOY discussion.   Mangold and Brick are both coasting on their reputations and are no where close to dominant.   Idzik has built depth and plugged the "glaring" holes but the top end talent is non-existent. 

This season could tell us a lot. This is all just hypothetical because a meaningful down hasn't been played but we might need a CB, G, T, QB, OLB and WR.

that was kind of my point - we don't really have any great players.   Wilkerson and Richardson are both pretty good but neither are going to be in the DPOY discussion.   Mangold and Brick are both coasting on their reputations and are no where close to dominant.   Idzik has built depth and plugged the "glaring" holes but the top end talent is non-existent. 

So your either DPOY or just pretty good?  Agree on Brick and Mangold.

Best we've had since Favre. Argument over. 

You said "we even have a QB now".. being better then Sanchez, which I'm not even sure Geno is, does certainly not meet the "having a QB" criteria. It's like saying having a heart attack is better then a stroke, therefore I am healthy

Haven't you been alarmed since last Feb.

No, not that early. Since day 3 of free agency or so. At that time, I was told to be patient, Idzik will definitely improve the team, yada yada yada. LOL, a lot of good that patience has done! All that money and all those picks and this team might actually be worse on paper. Idzik is a joke, a joke that isn't funny.

You said "we even have a QB now".. being better then Sanchez, which I'm not even sure Geno is, does certainly not meet the "having a QB" criteria. It's like saying having a heart attack is better then a stroke, therefore I am healthy

Hey professor, you do realize this is why I said it was arguable to begin with, no?

No, not that early. Since day 3 of free agency or so. At that time, I was told to be patient, Idzik will definitely improve the team, yada yada yada. LOL, a lot of good that patience has done! All that money and all those picks and this team might actually be worse on paper. Idzik is a joke, a joke that isn't funny.

Really? Where did they get worse? 

Archived