CAMP TWEETS MONDAY OK

T0mShane

You calling me dumb has about the same effect on me as when women tell you no.

You said the "odds are" that we'll be in the market for a new QB next year. You know as well as I do that there are no odds to back up that claim. You are just being salty now because the dumb ape called you out on it. 

So you think it is impossible to assign favorable odds that the Geno will flame out?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Produce them. Then we can talk. 

This back and forth has been particularly painful. 

"Odds are" is an expression fairly common here in North America. When applied to the Jets QB situation, it's use is probably pretty fair. Geno was bad most of last year, and hasn't exactly lit it up in the preseason so far. The Jets' backup is a 34 year old on a one year deal. I'd say it's almost a certainty that the Jets will be looking for at least a #2 QB next year. So yes, the odds are that the Jets will be looking for a new QB next year. If Geno can't flip his TD:int ratio around and demonstrate the ability to put points on the board, they'll probably be looking for a starter, too. Would you say that the odds are that he'll be able to do that this year? 

I wouldn't put money on either scenario. 

But dragging this nonsense out over the use of a phrase is pretty silly.  

This back and forth has been particularly painful.

"Odds are" is an expression fairly common here in North America. When applied to the Jets QB situation, it's use is probably pretty fair. Geno was bad most of last year, and hasn't exactly lit it up in the preseason so far. The Jets' backup is a 34 year old on a one year deal. I'd say it's almost a certainty that the Jets will be looking for at least a #2 QB next year. So yes, the odds are that the Jets will be looking for a new QB next year. If Geno can't flip his TD:int ratio around and demonstrate the ability to put points on the board, they'll probably be looking for a starter, too. Would you say that the odds are that he'll be able to do that this year?

I wouldn't put money on either scenario.

But dragging this nonsense out over the use of a phrase is pretty silly.

"You could argue" is a phrase used equally as often. I've tried several times to redirect this back to the bigger point I made - not buying that we need another year of rebuilding to expect winning - but our buddy CTM has chosen my phrase as his crater. Go lecture him instead. LOK

"You could argue" is a phrase used equally as often. I've tried several times to redirect this back to the bigger point I made - not buying that we need another year of rebuilding to expect winning - but our buddy CTM has chosen my phrase as his crater. Go lecture him instead. LOK

You could argue this point more, too, but it would be stupid.

Archived