What I find interesting...

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2141959-why-new-england-patriots-linebacker-donta-hightower-will-bounce-back-in-2014

Why are you asking me what excuse he needs? You made the excuse that he was out of position. If that excuse is relevant for Hightower, then it is relevant for Coples as well, because it is true. Furthermore Coples went from playing with his hand in the dirt to playing OLB in a 3-4, while Hightower just moved over. Coples transition, given that he never had the chance to lose weight or learn the new position, is a much harder transition, and yet you come here and try to tell us he's a bust. I don't know what world you live in where he "put up great stats", but Hightower was a liability on a bad defense. You don't even know what you are talking about with your own team. 

Keep telling me I'm a dumb sh*t. It only makes me stronger.

I made no such excuse at all, you pointed out that Hightower was some major disappointment last year, he was not, he changed positions and played very well by that positions standards across the NFL. Also I never said anywhere that "he put up great stats", make sh*t up much? I said he played well and put up numbers commensurate of what the rest of  NFL's MLBs post do for a season, and yes I do think that's pretty good for a kid in his second year having to take on all the defensive play calling. Now you twist the conversation and cry all you want to about how much harder it is to play LB than DE, but the bottom line is Coples wasn't very impressive a DE, and he was worse at LB. If that changes Ill be the 1st to say you were right, but right now you have no argument any more than you would with Kyle Wilson or Steven Hill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made no such excuse at all, you pointed out that Hightower was some major disappointment last year, he was not, he changed positions and played very well by that positions standards across the NFL. Also I never said anywhere that "he put up great stats", make sh*t up much? I said he played well and put up numbers commensurate of what the rest of  NFL's MLBs post do for a season, and yes I do think that's pretty good for a kid in his second year having to take on all the defensive play calling. Now you twist the conversation and cry all you want to about how much harder it is to play LB than DE, but the bottom line is Coples wasn't very impressive a DE, and he was worse at LB. If that changes Ill be the 1st to say you were right, but right now you have no argument any more than you would with Kyle Wilson or Steven Hill.

Except he didn't. He played terribly and I wouldn't be shocked if graded out as the worst MLB in the league last year. 

What bad number are you talking about? You mean the 97 tackles 55 solo, 3 passes deflected an a sack? Maybe you want to compare those with the rest of the starting MLB's in the League before you talk.

He played like sh*t. That's what I'm talking about.

I'm not comparing him to other MLB's, I'm comparing him to sh*t. 

sh*t wins.

No, what's important is the performance of that player under those circumstances. In this case a moronic poster singled out Hightower as a player that supposedly everyone was calling a bust last year, yet Hightower playing out of position at MLB produced 97 tackles a couple of pass deflections a sack. Compare those numbers to all starting MLB's across the League last season and you'll have no choice but to conclude that the poster I was responding to is clueless. Simply put, Coples sucks, at least in terms of his draft status, he failed, Hightower didn't.    

Are we being "punked?"

Where's Ashton?

Except he didn't. He played terribly and I wouldn't be shocked if graded out as the worst MLB in the league last year. 

Read the article I posted.

The whole article is about how he was sh*t last year and maybe, just maybe he'll rebound this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2141959-why-new-england-patriots-linebacker-donta-hightower-will-bounce-back-in-2014

Out of position doesn't even begin to cover it. He was an absolute liability on the field last year.

That article in the other thread says Coples had the 2nd most QB hits in the league for OLB's, and that was with Coples playing a situational role while 20 pounds too big for the position.

Shasta can go **** himheritself.

Learn how to read a stat line. Hightower had 55 total tackles and 42 assists. Urlacher averaged 85+ total tackles. and about 35 assists, giving him an average of 120 combined to Hightower's paltry 97 combined. 

For comparison purposes, Kyle Clifton, the Jets longtime MLB who was merely a good to almost very good but certainly not great MLB, averaged 133.46 combined tackles per year. 

Hightower was sh*t as an MLB. 

You really are as dumb as dog $h^t, your actually comparing a Hall of Fame MLB to a second year player that was pushed into the starting MLB position due to injury? Troll killer why don't you compare Hightower's production to every other starting MLB in the NFL last year? Wouldn't serve your argument would it? Fact is he played well last season and compared favorable to most starting MLB's in the NFL, facts always trump stupidity, don't you understand that yet?

You really are as dumb as dog $h^t, your actually comparing a Hall of Fame MLB to a second year player that was pushed into the starting MLB position due to injury? Troll killer why don't you compare Hightower's production to every other starting MLB in the NFL last year? Wouldn't serve your argument would it? Fact is he played well last season and compared favorable to most starting MLB's in the NFL, facts always trump stupidity, don't you understand that yet?

You're gonna need a bigger facts.

Seriously, why are you so invested in defending this incompetent GM? Are you related to him or something? Are you expecting to enjoy this season the way you enjoyed the triumphant 8-8 season last year?

and why r u such a hater? take a chill pill, its a game.

Isn't that it's entire point of existence, though? It fails to see it's own flaws and projects them onto others. Thus having some sort of cathartic breakthrough as a result?

Hahaha... This is actually reasonably accurate.  Not bad...

You're both wrong.  It wants to fit in with the male species because that's the gender it relates best to.  Symbolic penis and all. 

Seriously, why are you so invested in defending this incompetent GM? Are you related to him or something? Are you expecting to enjoy this season the way you enjoyed the triumphant 8-8 season last year?

Coples was a Tannenbaum pick.

How is comparing Coples and Hightower to prove shasta stupid "defending the GM"?

Remember the time "this incompetent GM" drafted Coples?

NO, HE DIDN'T. 

Kiko Alonzo had a combined 159 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 4 INTs. 

NaVorro Bowman had 145 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbled, 2 INTs

Vontaze Burfict, an OLB who primarily played inside last year had 171 tackles and 3 sacks

Karlos Dansby had 122 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 FF and 4 INTs. 

Jerrell Freeman had 126 tackles, 5.5 sacks, a whopping 6 FF and 2 INTs

David Harris had 124 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF

AJ Hawk had 118 tackles and 5 sacks

D'Qwell Jackson had 141 tackles

Luke Kuechly had 156 tackles, 2 sacks and 4 INTs

James Laurinitis had 118 tackles 3.5 sacks and 2 INTs

Curtis Lofton had 125 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF

Paul Pusluszny had 162 tackles, 3 sacks a FF and 2 INTs

Riley Perry 115 tackles, 3 sacks, INT

Nick Roach 112 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 4 FF, INT

DeMeco Ryans 127 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 INTs

Daryl Smith 123 tackles, 5 sack, 2 FF, 3 INTs

Stephen Tulloch 135 tackles, 3.5 sacks 1 INT

Bobby Wagner 120 tackles, 5 sack, 2 INTs

Demario Davis 107 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT

Hightower 97 tackles 1 sack, 0 FF, 0 INT

Define "compare favorably."

I never blamed him for drafting Coples. He has enough terrible draft picks on his own without pinning Coples on him. 

It was inferred when you accused me of defending Idzik by defending Coples.

Take ownership of your stupidity, at least then we can pretend to respect your conviction.

NO, HE DIDN'T. 

Kiko Alonzo had a combined 159 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 4 INTs. 

NaVorro Bowman had 145 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbled, 2 INTs

Vontaze Burfict, an OLB who primarily played inside last year had 171 tackles and 3 sacks

Karlos Dansby had 122 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 FF and 4 INTs. 

Jerrell Freeman had 126 tackles, 5.5 sacks, a whopping 6 FF and 2 INTs

David Harris had 124 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF

AJ Hawk had 118 tackles and 5 sacks

D'Qwell Jackson had 141 tackles

Luke Kuechly had 156 tackles, 2 sacks and 4 INTs

James Laurinitis had 118 tackles 3.5 sacks and 2 INTs

Curtis Lofton had 125 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF

Paul Pusluszny had 162 tackles, 3 sacks a FF and 2 INTs

Riley Perry 115 tackles, 3 sacks, INT

Nick Roach 112 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 4 FF, INT

DeMeco Ryans 127 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 INTs

Daryl Smith 123 tackles, 5 sack, 2 FF, 3 INTs

Stephen Tulloch 135 tackles, 3.5 sacks 1 INT

Bobby Wagner 120 tackles, 5 sack, 2 INTs

Demario Davis 107 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT

Hightower 97 tackles 1 sack, 0 FF, 0 INT

Define "compare favorably."

That's only part of the story too... the real issue with Hightower was in coverage. Huge liability.

I never blamed him for drafting Coples. He has enough terrible draft picks on his own without pinning Coples on him. 

I too would hate to come away from a draft with the DROY, a solid starter at CB with plenty of upside, our starting QB, and OL depth in one year.

Archived