What I find interesting...

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then great.  You have an improved Geno, and the option to stick with him and take the top CB, or the top pass rusher, or the top WR or bail on Geno and take a top QB.  Then, in round 2, you get a solid offensive lineman and the biggest weaknesses on this team start to disappear.

But, if Geno plays well enough that you don't go into next season needing a QB, this team will be just fine.

If you're OK with punting another season AND if he plays well enough to actually be a long term answer at QB. He could drastically improve from last year and still be a bottom 10 QB in the NFL. 

If you're OK with punting another season AND if he plays well enough to actually be a long term answer at QB. He could drastically improve from last year and still be a bottom 10 QB in the NFL. 

Your boy Bridgewater cant even beat out Matt Cassal right now , takes time.

This is where you lose it. It really doesn't matter if I am ok with it. It's happening one way or another. I have literally no control whatsoever. So even if I did agree with you, I would still be debating you because I refuse to let it affect me in that way anymore. 

I'm "OK with punting another season" as you call it, because the alternative was to spend more money and still not be a competitor.  No one has presented a scenario in which we put a contender on the field this season and that is because their was none.  Again, you're the one with "wishful thinking" if you thought anything but this was coming.

If Geno improves and is still a bottom 10 QB in the NFL, than that wouldn't fall under my point of "if Geno plays well enough that you don't go into next season needing a QB, this team will be just fine," would it?  Please actually provide an answer to that, kthx.

Your boy Bridgewater cant even beat out Matt Cassal right now , takes time.

Yeah, this.

Bridgewater may turn into a player, but if Geno is terrible, we have the chance to take a very highly ranked prospect next year.  Especially with how bad everyone says we'll be.

The Jets aren't a good team right now, but I don't think they're in a bad spot at all.

This is where you lose it. It really doesn't matter if I am ok with it. It's happening one way or another. I have literally no control whatsoever. So even if I did agree with you, I would still be debating you because I refuse to let it affect me in that way anymore. 

He loses it there for another reason.  It's not that he doesn't have a right to be upset about "punting a season", he loses it because he thought that somehow spending a lot of money in Free Agency was going to make this team a contender.

He loses it there for another reason.  It's not that he doesn't have a right to be upset about "punting a season", he loses it because he thought that somehow spending a lot of money in Free Agency was going to make this team a contender.

It's just an insane outlook. The really screwed up part is that I would bet dollars to donuts that if Idzick had spent like a drunken sailor in free agency and traded up in the draft as Mikey wanted, he would be bitching that Idzick made all the wrong moves. 

And it's too bad for you that the Jets couldn't sweep the Pats last year because it was the weakest team they've had on the field for a long time. This year, well let just say, 8 wins for this years jets this year, a pipe dream.

I noticed you haven't mentioned Hightower since I posted the stats of other MLB and ILBs.

Define "compare favorably," please. 

Wrong. It's 2 years of free agency and 2 drafts since this GM has been here and the talent level on the team is just as terrible as when he took over. When does he stop getting a free pass? After 3 punted seasons? 4?

Wrong. It's 2 years of free agency and 2 drafts since this GM has been here and the talent level on the team is just as terrible as when he took over. When does he stop getting a free pass? After 3 punted seasons? 4?

Since Idzik arrived to clean up Tannenbaum's mess following a 6-10 season:

1.  We went 8-8 (a 2-game improvement, if you have trouble with basic arithmetic)

2.  We're better at QB

3.  We're better at RB

4.  We're better at WR

5.  We're better at TE

6.  We're better at DE

7.  We're better at OLB (Barnes >>> Bart Scott/Maybin/Bryan Thomas)

8.  We're better at Safety (Eric Smith was still on the roster in 2012.  This is a factual statement.)

What's the problem with Idzik, again?  The only spots on the field we've weakened at are the two OG positions (and as a consequence, the entire OL) by virtue of Brandon Moore retiring and Matt Slauson signing elsewhere (It was a mistake to let him walk).  RT is debatable.  Ferguson and Mangold's play have declined due to age and the inability to compensate for the weaker G play.  That aspect is hardly Idzik's fault.

ILB and NT are a wash.  Tannenbaum drafted Demario Davis and found Snacks as a UDFA.  Well done, Tannenbaum, those are 2 of maybe 3 or 4 positives you can say about this roster as he exited.

And at CB, our starting corners in 2012 were Cromartie, Wilson, and Lankster.  Revis was injured and then left to lead the Bucs to a 4-12 record.  I'd say Dee Milliner's play in the final month of last season gives us hope we might actually be better off at CB than we were in 2012 despite "failing" to spend big money on the position this offseason.

No, the team is not just as terrible.  As evidenced by the fact that it is not in cap hell and it won more games last year, just to mention a few reasons.

He stops "getting a free pass" when the team stops improving.  That hasn't happened yet.

Since Idzik arrived to clean up Tannenbaum's mess following a 6-10 season:

1.  We went 8-8 (a 2-game improvement, if you have trouble with basic arithmetic)

2.  We're better at QB

3.  We're better at RB

4.  We're better at WR

5.  We're better at TE

6.  We're better at DE

7.  We're better at OLB (Barnes >>> Bart Scott/Maybin/Bryan Thomas)

8.  We're better at Safety (Eric Smith was still on the roster in 2012.  This is a factual statement.)

What's the problem with Idzik, again?  The only spots on the field we've weakened at are the two OG positions (and as a consequence, the entire OL) by virtue of Brandon Moore retiring and Matt Slauson signing elsewhere (It was a mistake to let him walk).  RT is debatable.  Ferguson and Mangold's play have declined due to age and the inability to compensate for the weaker G play.  That aspect is hardly Idzik's fault.

ILB and NT are a wash.  Tannenbaum drafted Demario Davis and found Snacks as a UDFA.  Well done, Tannenbaum, those are 2 of maybe 3 or 4 positives you can say about this roster as he exited.

And at CB, our starting corners in 2012 were Cromartie, Wilson, and Lankster.  Revis was injured and then left to lead the Bucs to a 4-12 record.  I'd say Dee Milliner's play in the final month of last season gives us hope we might actually be better off at CB than we were in 2012 despite "failing" to spend big money on the position this offseason.

Yeah, but all of the positives were "easy" and "obvious moves" and the fact that the team still has problems is all I'm choosing to focus on.

That's getting bookmarked.

Please by all means, the very fact that you believe other wise proves all you are is a pom pom waiving fanboy. Then again you're the kind of tool that if the Jets somehow pulled out 7 wins would try and play it off as victory. :win:  

Yeah, but all of the positives were "easy" and "obvious moves" and the fact that the team still has problems is all I'm choosing to focus on.

Just look at this final 2012 roster and compare it to the roster today.

1.  We have totally new QBs (that's always a recipe for success in the NFL, having to replace every one of your QB's in 1-2 offseasons).

2.  Only Powell and Kerley remain of the key skill guys.

3.  The O-line was probably a little better in '12 than it is today.  You can say that much about the offense.

4.  DL is the same except we added the 2013 DROY.  Someone no one seemed to want the Jets to draft.

5.  We still need athletic LB's on our roster, that much is clear. 

6.  Our safeties were awful once Landry walked for big money.  Adding Pryor is HUGE.

Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Offensive linemen

Defensive linemen

Linebackers

Defensive backs

Special teams

Reserve lists

Practice squad

Rookies in italics

52 Active, 9 Inactive, 4 Practice squad

Since the defense wasn't a huge concern, even last year with our porous pass defense, Idzik sought to reshape the offense.  Something we were all clamoring about. 

And look at the turnover on O, particularly at QB and the skill positions!  3 new QB's, all major improvements over those they replaced.  3 new RB's.  A totally different WR corps to join with Kerley.  Shiny new toy at the TE spot. 

Changes like that typically take time.  Idzik did it in 2 offseasons.

I noticed you haven't mentioned Hightower since I posted the stats of other MLB and ILBs.

Define "compare favorably," please. 

I don't have to mention Hightower, he played well for us last year, and has had far more of an impact than Coples has had for the Jets. Those re just facts that you can't spin and twist, but don't worry, Coples will be long gone from your roster while Hightower is still making a positive impact for the Pats. Cry about it all you like, the Jets re-building process is in serious trouble.

I don't have to mention Hightower, he played well for us last year, and has had far more of an impact than Coples has had for the Jets. Those re just facts that you can't spin and twist, but don't worry, Coples will be long gone from your roster while Hightower is still making a positive impact for the Pats. Cry about it all you like, the Jets re-building process is in serious trouble.

Dumbest, most ignorant football post.... EVER. 

This makes no sense to me. Coples is better than Wilson, and no one here likes him except JiF.

False.

I love Q (don't take out of context) Kyle is good but he's asked to do a specific job. And coples has been asked to be great and he jus haven't reached it yet but he will.

And that does what exactly? Simple question, how d%mb are you? Who cares how many times he hits the QB if the ball is safely in the receivers hands down field. :rl:   

Who cares how many tackles Hightower has when their 10 yards down the field after the receiver he was covering gets a first down?

Archived