Demario Davis raves about Coples

AFJF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe coples will share snaps with Calvin pace like Demario davis was doing with bart scott and babon will be a starting face in our front 7.

Since pace plays the run so well and so does coples who has more potential and upside, babon is our best pass rusher on the team though.

15 QB hits is nothing to sneeze at (and suggests the sack numbers might take a jump this season), but there are so many plays where he's just invisible. Weird player.

Nothing to sneeze at? Antwan Barnes had 12 QB hits before going down after 4 games.  Get a hanky.

Nothing to sneeze at? Antwan Barnes had 12 QB hits before going down after 4 games.  Get a hanky.

This is what makes evaluating defensive players so hard from a pure stats standpoint.  There's not an agreed upon statistical system to my knowledge which is why Barnes' stats on ESPN.com say that it's "according to Jets statistics" whereas Coples is according to PFF.  I find it hard to believe that Coples was 2nd in the NFL with 15 because that would probably put Barnes in the top-10 in the NFL having played only four games.  I'm not going to pretend to know if that's true or not, but it sounds pretty unreal.

This is what makes evaluating defensive players so hard from a pure stats standpoint.  There's not an agreed upon statistical system to my knowledge which is why Barnes' stats on ESPN.com say that it's "according to Jets statistics" whereas Coples is according to PFF.  I find it hard to believe that Coples was 2nd in the NFL with 15 because that would probably put Barnes in the top-10 in the NFL having played only four games.  I'm not going to pretend to know if that's true or not, but it sounds pretty unreal.

I read somewhere that JJ Watt had 33.  I find it hard to believe he had more than double #2

Thanks.  You are correct.  It wasn't even just OLB, it was 3-4 OLB.  It was in bold in the first post.  Tough for me to see. 

More specific.. great that skewers the stat even more lol I like Coples though. I think he will turn into something. Maybe he wont be a superstar but at least he flashed at times. Big time busts like VG were garbage from the get go. You can sort of feel players out I think and Coples in my opinion will amount to something for this D. Hill is a guy that I can admit I feel like he is going no where. I'm holding on to hope simply because I'm a Jet fan and him not being a bust would be so great for this team that I really want to believe but I don't know about that guy.

tom-brady-facepalm.gif?w=500&h=268&crop=

Should I reply with video of the butt fumble or will that make you cry? I mean never has in the history of sports has any one play so completely and accurately represented a team and fan base for who they are. Nothing else has to be said. :rl:

Brady+sad.jpg

Oh NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!, You got me Troll Killer, don't know how I'll ever recover, OOH wait second,,,,,,, yes I do, the seasons about to start and I'll be watching my team yet again win the AFC East going away and compete for a Super Bowl birth. :love0040:

Oh NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!, You got me Troll Killer, don't know how I'll ever recover, OOH wait second,,,,,,, yes I do, the seasons about to start and I'll be watching my team yet again win the AFC East going away and compete for a Super Bowl birth. :love0040:

Fat-Wizard.jpg

Brady+sad.jpg

Oh my god...what a piece of sh*t this guy is.  He was just so upset and felt so bad for his parents.  It was the toughest day of their life watching their son get drafted in to the NFL.  I feel so bad for them and him.  Tough life.

///pukes

Oh my god...what a piece of sh*t this guy is.  He was just so upset and felt so bad for his parents.  It was the toughest day of their life watching their son get drafted in to the NFL.  I feel so bad for them and him.  Tough life.

///pukes

My father and I saw that clip while flipping through channels one day. We both had the "WHAT THE ****?" expression on our faces after he said it. 

I turned to him and asked, "hey Pop, had I been drafted in the sixth round of the NFL draft, where would that day rank in your life?" He answered, "somewhere in the top 10. It would be pretty ****in' far from the bottom. **** Tom Brady and **** his parents."

For the record, my father is NOT a Jets fan.

Archived