Rex gets criticized by Bengals coach

faba

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a no negativity or get banned or steam rolled by the masses board now. accept it

No negativity board or get banned board?  Seriously?  The negativity on this board is the dominate message here.  I barely post on the football forum anymore because I find it it about as enjoyable as a rice cake.  

I thought it made us look silly. Having the starters in to beat up on backups has always been looked at as silly at every level. The second the 3rd strong Qb came in we started sending the blitz...with our full first unit in the game still.

You and Klecko are intolerable. Neither of you are moderators yet you comb the board lashing out at people you disagree with. Get a day job or something, my god. Or at least ask Max to hire you. Or go be a crossing guard...something productive.

Yeah, this is real rich coming from you.  You put your cards on the table long ago that all of your effort is to simply troll around to latch onto any possibility you can to find something to whine about.  You rush to tout the brilliance of anything associated with another team you think can be used against the Jets while often showing a complete lack of understanding of the topic at hand, or even of football.  I mean, for crying out loud, you can't even grasp the idea of two players who are not even playing the same position; instead throwing a little tantrum when somebody dares point out such a simple concept to you.

But please, tell us more about what the entire league, and all its fans, think of the Jets based entirely on a comment from one person on a topic that you were obviously so upset over despite having nothing to say on the topic for 3 days.

Person: "I read that Coples needs to work out harder in the offseason."

Jets fan: "That's bullsh*t! Agendagenda! Who said that? Mehta? Some crybaby????"

Person: "Rex did."

Jets fan: 38E00B9E-83E1-4CC9-AC51-CE4EA60C3BEA.jpg

Remember this:

we are still waiting...

No negativity board or get banned board?  Seriously?  The negativity on this board is the dominate message here.  I barely post on the football forum anymore because I find it it about as enjoyable as a rice cake.  

Tongue in cheek, Crusher. go make another sammich and calm down :)

It's amazing that no matter who says what--NFL coaches, players, or Rex himself--the fanbase hurries to form a human shield around this organization and everything involved with it whenever there's a shred of criticism thrown their way.

Meh, I really had nothing to say on the topic until one of the same old culprits tried to play this off as some sort of cause for mass hysteria.  I couldn't give less of a crap if the Bengals OL coach has a beef with the Jets for how they decided to handle things, that's certainly his prerogative.  It's just laughable to see the desperate attempts at using it as ammunition to prove what allegedly all NFL players, coaches, and fans think of those nasty mean old Jets.

The Jets had their starters in till halftime

In all fairness the Jets stated before the game that their starters would play the entire first half. So when the bengals take their starters out is Rex supposed to change what he is doing? Seriously, this is just silliness. 

Person: "I read that Coples needs to work out harder in the offseason."

Jets fan: "That's bullsh*t! Agendagenda! Who said that? Mehta? Some crybaby????"

Person: "Rex did."

Jets fan: 38E00B9E-83E1-4CC9-AC51-CE4EA60C3BEA.jpg

Pretty much no one reacted that way. The standard reaction was more along the lines of, "I thought Rex didn't hold players accountable?" 

We threw the base/routine defense - where we're trying out a pair of new corners in particular - to defend the starters, which is what they'd be doing often. Then after that exposure opportunity is over (Bengals' starters out of the game) Ryan tries out some the cute stuff (i.e. blitzing). What the hell is the big deal? 

Just trying to imagine if Belichick did this against us and it was Ryan crying to the media about it. Why is it that I think the same Jets fans here, siding with Lewis & co for complaining, would be siding against Ryan if he & his coaches - never mind the players - were the ones with the same complaints? Why do I think that? And that it would walk right into the narrative about what a passive bunch of pussies he is turning the players into despite all the tough talk and blah blah blah. 

If it was a game filled with late hits, and dirty stuff meant to cause injuries, that's one thing. But trying out plays against live competition is what the preseason is for. Lewis looks a grade-A pussy here. 

I don't think Lewis was the one saying anything. I could be wrong. 

Oh shut up. 

Rex had a plan and chose to blitz when he did. 

He has no control over how long the Bengals leave their starters in. 

You tell him Troll killer, Nobody gonna talk about your wittle ol Jets and get away with it. You tell him to shut up if he doesn't like it. :sign0090:

Pretty much no one reacted that way. The standard reaction was more along the lines of, "I thought Rex didn't hold players accountable?"

C'mon, it's easier to fabricate a back and forth conversation others have had and poke fun at it.

My favorite, I think, is the post whining that fans of a team actually dare to act like fans of that team. It is a concept he finds strange, mysterious, and altogether foreign. All other fan bases, when being criticized by an opposing team's coach, have the reaction of, "Yeah, totally. We were thinking the same thing since we root for our team to lose anyway."

Because I want to know which bozos he is referring to. 

I certainly didn't say anything resembling that I would cease being a Jets fan if they signed Vick. 

My objections to signing Vick were based on my belief that he is a terrible football player.

^ would glady eat dog ribs

Didn't you hear the Jets talk after the game? They got the Bengles back for last year with that awesome win in a preseason game!

No, I didn't hear that.  Who said that? Please post a link, I would like to check that out.  Thanks.

It's amazing that no matter who says what--NFL coaches, players, or Rex himself--the fanbase hurries to form a human shield around this organization and everything involved with it whenever there's a shred of criticism thrown their way.

Wow fans sticking up for their team. Pretty sure that only happens with the Jets. Not.

Didn't you hear the Jets talk after the game? They got the Bengles back for last year with that awesome win in a preseason game!

Mike - not sure if you saw my other response.  But who are you referring to? Please post a link, I read the press conferences after the game and nothing jumped out at me. What did I miss?

Mike - not sure if you saw my other response.  But who are you referring to? Please post a link, I read the press conferences after the game and nothing jumped out at me. What did I miss?

It was in an interview I saw on TV with a few players after the game. I can't find the quote online...

Archived