•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NimbleTV

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Watch every Jets game this season whether you’re at home or on the go. Put your cable in the cloud with NimbleTV and start watching your channels for free! Watch it on your smartphone, laptop or tablet so you never have to miss a minute of the action. 

jets_facebook.png

Never miss a game again. Watch the Jets on any device, anywhere in the world. 

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,319 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

A proper explanation would be better than a commercial. I'm the target demi for this because I work on Sundays so being able to watch the game on my phone would come in clutch.... That said, I don't know what this is besides a paid ad.

How does it work? Have you used it? Do you, Max, personally vouch for the service?

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

A proper explanation would be better than a commercial. I'm the target demi for this because I work on Sundays so being able to watch the game on my phone would come in clutch.... That said, I don't know what this is besides a paid ad.

How does it work? Have you used it? Do you, Max, personally vouch for the service?

Very good questions. First, in the interests of full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement.

I asked the company to demo the product, which I did and it seemed to work well.  I didn't have any problems on my phone or laptop.  I liked that you can change the video quality depending on the speed of your tablet. Also, here is a little more information that they sent me explaining how this works. 

In short this is how the product works. Anyone with a cable subscription with either Cablevision, Time Warner, RCN or Verizon FiOS in the New York Metro Area can link their cable account and watch it on their smartphone, laptop or tablet anywhere in the world for Free. They will have access to mainly their local network channels like CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, ABC etc. However, these are the channels that will be broadcasting most football games and likely every Jets game and hence fans will be able catch all of them no matter where they are. There are also other benefits you can add to the service for a fee. If you wanted to open up family plans and share your NimbleTV subscription with 4 other people then all you would have to do is purchase a DVR plan. DVR plans start at $4.99 a month and they let you record anything and everything on the cloud. No hardware required.

But if there are other questions, please post them here and I will get them answered.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#4 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,319 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

Very good questions. First, in the interests of full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement.

I asked the company to demo the product, which I did and it seemed to work well. I didn't have any problems on my phone or laptop. I liked that you can change the video quality depending on the speed of your tablet. Also, here is a little more information that they sent me explaining how this works.

But if there are other questions, please post them here and I will get them answered.

Thanks Max, I'll check this out. I wasn't bitching you were getting paid just wanted more info. Make that money!

#5 Latinlawyer

Latinlawyer

The JetNation Godfather

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

I use Slingbox, it is fantastic. For NimbleTV, how do hey capture your stream? Is it an arrangement that they have with the providers? I have FiOs at home 150/35 so I stream HD on my phone/tablet/comp where ever I am. I streamed when I was in Paris (no place to watch sports except Soccer).

LL

I use the Slingbox 350...

Posted Image Fat Head!

#6 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,451 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

why doesn't comcast work in NY area?

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#7 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

why doesn't comcast work in NY area?

IMO comcast doesn't actually work anywhere.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#8 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,703 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

If anyone in NY get this, send me your user name and password
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#9 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Watch every Jets game this season whether you’re at home or on the go. Put your cable in the cloud with NimbleTV and start watching your channels for free! Watch it on your smartphone, laptop or tablet so you never have to miss a minute of the action. 

jets_facebook.png

Never miss a game again. Watch the Jets on any device, anywhere in the world.

Max thanks for this post, I am away in the outer banks, and signed up for this, and was able to watch the whole CBS NY broadcast live, and for free.

#10 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Max thanks for this post, I am away in the outer banks, and signed up for this, and was able to watch the whole CBS NY broadcast live, and for free.

Awesome that is great news.

#11 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,451 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

.. did you sign up for NY cable as the pay service?
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#12 Lupz27

Lupz27

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

.. did you sign up for NY cable as the pay service?

No I signed in using my existing NY based Verizon Fios account. I'm a NY resident, was just on Vacation for the week, and wanted to watch the game, and it worked easy, and free.

#13 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,451 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

ahh.. ok... Can you sign up using a parents account and watch tv and nimble at the same time?

Edited by CTM, 24 August 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#14 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

ahh.. ok... Can you sign up using a parents account and watch tv and nimble at the same time?

I think you can do both at the same time, I am not 100% sure, but I believe you can.

#15 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

This. I'm upstate. My provider is DirecTV and our nearby CBS station shows more Bills games than Jets games.

Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#16 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

+1

It worked fine for me.  I had to watch on the laptop because it kept freezing when I tried to use the chromecast. 

I am not sure what you are looking for, but the default is NYC broadcast, so you will get the games and your eyewitness news, etc.  You don't need a cable service for that. 

#17 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,703 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

+1

It worked fine for me. I had to watch on the laptop because it kept freezing when I tried to use the chromecast.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but the default is NYC broadcast, so you will get the games and your eyewitness news, etc. You don't need a cable service for that.

I assumed you have to set it up through your cable provider, and that mine would default to North Carolina.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#18 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,746 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Does it work in Public terlets?

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#19 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

I assumed you have to set it up through your cable provider, and that mine would default to North Carolina.

I don't think so.  The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels.  It is actually all I wanted.  I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations. 

#20 Lupz27

Lupz27

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

I don't think so. The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels. It is actually all I wanted. I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations.

If this is true it won't be long before the NFL gets wind, and forces Nimble to blackout Fox, and CBS when the Jets, and Giants are on. No way they allow for free streaming when they charge what they do to the TV rights. Hopefully Nimble stays small enough to go unnoticed for the Jets fans who live outside the area, and will benefit from it.

#21 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

I don't think so.  The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels.  It is actually all I wanted.  I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations. 

Did you do the pay option or the free option?   

#22 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Did you do the pay option or the free option?   

Free. 

#23 Warfish

Warfish

We See Through A Warfish, Darkly

• Members
  • 1,534 posts
  • LocationBeing Meddled with by Animals on the Dark Side of the Moon up against The Wall. Wish You (and your Atom Heart Mother) Were Here.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

If only I could get the Sunday Ticket WITHOUT Direct TV, since I can't get Direct TV anymore :(

All I want is a legal way to pay someone lots of my money so I can stream Jets games.

GlenlivetSig_zps4e2a1c7d.jpg

#24 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

If only I could get the Sunday Ticket WITHOUT Direct TV, since I can't get Direct TV anymore :(

All I want is a legal way to pay someone lots of my money so I can stream Jets games.

No family or friends in the NYC area to get a valid email for FIOS?

Edited by cr726, 02 September 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#25 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,291 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

anybody care to lend an out of towner an address so that his family may access this very cool program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users