Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NimbleTV

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Watch every Jets game this season whether you’re at home or on the go. Put your cable in the cloud with NimbleTV and start watching your channels for free! Watch it on your smartphone, laptop or tablet so you never have to miss a minute of the action. 

jets_facebook.png

Never miss a game again. Watch the Jets on any device, anywhere in the world. 

Posted · Report post

A proper explanation would be better than a commercial. I'm the target demi for this because I work on Sundays so being able to watch the game on my phone would come in clutch.... That said, I don't know what this is besides a paid ad.

How does it work? Have you used it? Do you, Max, personally vouch for the service?

Posted · Report post

A proper explanation would be better than a commercial. I'm the target demi for this because I work on Sundays so being able to watch the game on my phone would come in clutch.... That said, I don't know what this is besides a paid ad.

How does it work? Have you used it? Do you, Max, personally vouch for the service?

Very good questions. First, in the interests of full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement.

I asked the company to demo the product, which I did and it seemed to work well.  I didn't have any problems on my phone or laptop.  I liked that you can change the video quality depending on the speed of your tablet. Also, here is a little more information that they sent me explaining how this works. 

In short this is how the product works. Anyone with a cable subscription with either Cablevision, Time Warner, RCN or Verizon FiOS in the New York Metro Area can link their cable account and watch it on their smartphone, laptop or tablet anywhere in the world for Free. They will have access to mainly their local network channels like CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, ABC etc. However, these are the channels that will be broadcasting most football games and likely every Jets game and hence fans will be able catch all of them no matter where they are. There are also other benefits you can add to the service for a fee. If you wanted to open up family plans and share your NimbleTV subscription with 4 other people then all you would have to do is purchase a DVR plan. DVR plans start at $4.99 a month and they let you record anything and everything on the cloud. No hardware required.

But if there are other questions, please post them here and I will get them answered.

Posted · Report post

Very good questions. First, in the interests of full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement.

I asked the company to demo the product, which I did and it seemed to work well. I didn't have any problems on my phone or laptop. I liked that you can change the video quality depending on the speed of your tablet. Also, here is a little more information that they sent me explaining how this works.

But if there are other questions, please post them here and I will get them answered.

Thanks Max, I'll check this out. I wasn't bitching you were getting paid just wanted more info. Make that money!

Posted · Report post

I use Slingbox, it is fantastic. For NimbleTV, how do hey capture your stream? Is it an arrangement that they have with the providers? I have FiOs at home 150/35 so I stream HD on my phone/tablet/comp where ever I am. I streamed when I was in Paris (no place to watch sports except Soccer).

LL

I use the Slingbox 350...

Posted · Report post

why doesn't comcast work in NY area?

Posted · Report post

why doesn't comcast work in NY area?

IMO comcast doesn't actually work anywhere.

Posted · Report post

If anyone in NY get this, send me your user name and password

Posted · Report post

Watch every Jets game this season whether you’re at home or on the go. Put your cable in the cloud with NimbleTV and start watching your channels for free! Watch it on your smartphone, laptop or tablet so you never have to miss a minute of the action. 

jets_facebook.png

Never miss a game again. Watch the Jets on any device, anywhere in the world.

Max thanks for this post, I am away in the outer banks, and signed up for this, and was able to watch the whole CBS NY broadcast live, and for free.

Posted · Report post

Max thanks for this post, I am away in the outer banks, and signed up for this, and was able to watch the whole CBS NY broadcast live, and for free.

Awesome that is great news.

Posted · Report post

.. did you sign up for NY cable as the pay service?

Posted · Report post

.. did you sign up for NY cable as the pay service?

No I signed in using my existing NY based Verizon Fios account. I'm a NY resident, was just on Vacation for the week, and wanted to watch the game, and it worked easy, and free.

Posted (edited) · Report post

ahh.. ok... Can you sign up using a parents account and watch tv and nimble at the same time?

Edited by CTM

Posted · Report post

ahh.. ok... Can you sign up using a parents account and watch tv and nimble at the same time?

I think you can do both at the same time, I am not 100% sure, but I believe you can.

Posted · Report post

This. I'm upstate. My provider is DirecTV and our nearby CBS station shows more Bills games than Jets games.

Posted · Report post

+1

It worked fine for me.  I had to watch on the laptop because it kept freezing when I tried to use the chromecast. 

I am not sure what you are looking for, but the default is NYC broadcast, so you will get the games and your eyewitness news, etc.  You don't need a cable service for that. 

Posted · Report post

+1

It worked fine for me. I had to watch on the laptop because it kept freezing when I tried to use the chromecast.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but the default is NYC broadcast, so you will get the games and your eyewitness news, etc. You don't need a cable service for that.

I assumed you have to set it up through your cable provider, and that mine would default to North Carolina.

Posted · Report post

Does it work in Public terlets?

Posted · Report post

I assumed you have to set it up through your cable provider, and that mine would default to North Carolina.

I don't think so.  The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels.  It is actually all I wanted.  I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations. 

Posted · Report post

I don't think so. The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels. It is actually all I wanted. I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations.

If this is true it won't be long before the NFL gets wind, and forces Nimble to blackout Fox, and CBS when the Jets, and Giants are on. No way they allow for free streaming when they charge what they do to the TV rights. Hopefully Nimble stays small enough to go unnoticed for the Jets fans who live outside the area, and will benefit from it.

Posted · Report post

I don't think so.  The main big button is NYC Metro and I think that is just the local channels.  It is actually all I wanted.  I tried to use my mom's cable, but that part didn't seem to give me her stations. 

Did you do the pay option or the free option?   

Posted · Report post

Did you do the pay option or the free option?   

Free. 

Posted · Report post

If only I could get the Sunday Ticket WITHOUT Direct TV, since I can't get Direct TV anymore :(

All I want is a legal way to pay someone lots of my money so I can stream Jets games.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If only I could get the Sunday Ticket WITHOUT Direct TV, since I can't get Direct TV anymore :(

All I want is a legal way to pay someone lots of my money so I can stream Jets games.

No family or friends in the NYC area to get a valid email for FIOS? Edited by cr726

Posted · Report post

anybody care to lend an out of towner an address so that his family may access this very cool program?