Corona Extra Beer Full Of Glass Particles

kelticwizard

This seemed to be as good a place as any to post this.  

Corona Extra beer recalled over dangerous glass particles

Aug 19th 2014 12:10PM 65 Comments

Who loves a refreshing, ice-cold, beer ... filled with glass? Didn't think so.

Wegmans says it is recalling glass bottles of
Corona Extra beer because they could contain pieces of glass! Ouch. Officials say routine inspections in the company's quality control lab found defects in certain bottles that could cause small particles of glass to break off into the bottle.

You don't have to give up all
Corona products, though. The recall only includes 12-ounce clear bottles - which are sold in 6, 12 and 18 packs. Customers can return the recalled bottles for a full refund.

Glass pieces turning up in glass bottles is not all that surprising. Last year, though,
Kellogg pulled 36,000 boxes of Special K Red Berries cereal because it could contain dangerous glass fragments. A few months earlier it pulled 2.8 million boxes of Mini-Wheats were found to contain metal fragments. Not the best way to start your day.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/19/corona-extra-beer-recalled-over-dangerous-glass-particles/20949179/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl23|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D517438&hpt=hp_bn16

Last year I brought home a bag of hamburger buns with a large rubber grommet in it!   :)

I should have returned them, but I'm around manufacturing places a lot...it probably just popped off a machine and wasn't intentional.  Somebody would've been fired for no good reason -- so I just threw them out.

Last year I brought home a bag of hamburger buns with a large rubber grommet in it!   :)

I should have returned them, but I'm around manufacturing places a lot...it probably just popped off a machine and wasn't intentional.  Somebody would've been fired for no good reason -- so I just threw them out.

You sure it wasn't a prize like Cracker Jacks use to do?

Archived