Giants rookie Williams says Giants are the real New York team

faba

OMG you are going overkill with this. the Jets sucked last year. the Giants have kicked the Jets ass in 2007 and 2011 reg season games and won the super bowls both years. when the Jets used to beat the sh*t outta the Giants in 81-82 nobody on either side gave a sh*t. so this is about me now? lolololol roller coaster! the Jets bring this upon themselves.

And youre still whining about Parcells? still? maybe you preferred Kotite? he was way better!

OMG?  Mad sh*t?  It's about you saying mad sh*t.  It's a ridiculous 14 year old Catholic girl phrase and totally overkill for this minor squawking which appears to be all in good fun.  I am going overkill?  There has been at least one article that says that before the Jet-Giants preseason game ever year since I could read.  That is a long time brother. 

WAIT! WE DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT! THATS NEGATIVE!

Negative is fine, but getting mad because of a little playful banter that the Giants started is silly.  

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG?  Mad sh*t?  It's about you saying mad sh*t.  It's a ridiculous 14 year old Catholic girl phrase and totally overkill for this minor squawking which appears to be all in good fun.  I am going overkill?  There has been at least one article that says that before the Jet-Giants preseason game ever year since I could read.  That is a long time brother. 

Negative is fine, but getting mad because of a little playful banter that the Giants started is silly.  

I think you are brushing under the rug the fact that the Jets take this pre-season game against the Giants way more seriously than the Giants do. but thats ok, you keep focusing on one comment I made and critique it to death :)

In the last game that mattered, the Victor Cruz game back on Xmas Eve 2011, Ryan's  team lost because 1. HIS DEFENSE allowed Cruz to score a TD that was an embarrassment and .2 the Jjets' offense couldn't mount a few decent scoring drives.One team then went onto the playoffs and a championship, the other had Santonio Holmes act like a total ahole in Miami.  The rest is details.

Brag on Mr. Footsie. That's all you good at.

Yes. The incompetence of that game probably set the franchise back years. 

Yeah, I remember when the Jets of 1981-82 used to manhandle the Giants and this and what stadium they played in was never an issue.

Id have to agree with Williams. the Giants are the better teaM. the Jets are just getting some of their own medicine which they bring upon themselves.

Except in the last 3-4 years, the Giants have talked waaaay more sh*t than the Jets. 

So much so, in fact, that the Jets are trash talkers narrative is now a fallacy. 

Except in the last 3-4 years, the Giants have talked waaaay more sh*t than the Jets. 

So much so, in fact, that the Jets are trash talkers narrative is now a fallacy. 

The Giants have won 2 super bowls in the last 7 yhears. they earned it, what have the Jets done?

The Giants have won 2 super bowls in the last 7 yhears. they earned it, what have the Jets done?

Yes, they earned it.  But I thought the mantra of successful teams was to act like they've been there before, not go out of their way to rip an inferior organization.  I don't really care either way, as the smack talk is more humorous than anything.  Just seems odd to me.

Yes, they earned it.  But I thought the mantra of successful teams was to act like they've been there before, not go out of their way to rip an inferior organization.  I don't really care either way, as the smack talk is more humorous than anything.  Just seems odd to me.

Not to mention that Andre Williams hasn't won jack. 

He wasn't those teams so what is his excuse?

You're right, except for the fact that the Jets were trash talking the Giants before that game in december 2011, remember that game? what happened? the Jets talked the talk and then fell on their faces on game day. they reap what they sow.

You're right, except for the fact that the Jets were trash talking the Giants before that game in december 2011, remember that game? what happened? the Jets talked the talk and then fell on their faces on game day. they reap what they sow.

I'm not sure but I think that game was nearly 4 years ago.  They had every right to talk smack in 2012 but they've sort of jumped the shark these days.  You don't hear the Jets players still talking smack about beating the Pats in 2010.  Meanwhile, piggybacking on Klecko's point, Andre Williams was a senior at Allentown Parkland High School when that game happened.

They lost. Get over it already. 

Sometimes you talk smack and lose. The real pussies are the ones who only talk when they win because they don't have the stones to put themselves on the line. 

They lost. Get over it already.

Sometimes you talk smack and lose. The real pussies are the ones who only talk when they win because they don't have the stones to put themselves on the line.

I never talk trash. I murder opponents with my blatant disregard.

I'm not sure but I think that game was nearly 4 years ago.  They had every right to talk smack in 2012 but they've sort of jumped the shark these days.  You don't hear the Jets players still talking smack about beating the Pats in 2010.  Meanwhile, piggybacking on Klecko's point, Andre Williams was a senior at Allentown Parkland High School when that game happened.

2 years 9 months (around that). most of the Jets from 2010 are gone now. ok he was a senior in high school during that game. the smack wasnt about that game lol

I think you are brushing under the rug the fact that the Jets take this pre-season game against the Giants way more seriously than the Giants do. but thats ok, you keep focusing on one comment I made and critique it to death :)

You take an article about a Giant talking trash and turn it into: 1. Rex is a trash talker.  Why is he talking when he has not won?  2.  The Jets care so much more about this game than the Giants.  Yep, you got it.  I am the one missing the point.  

Yeah, why is Williams talking smack, BP? He hasn't won anything! Based on your theory he should be ashamed of himself. 

Hes not talking about himself, is he? hes talking about the Jets and the Giants, and that the Giants are the real NY Team? are there any facts that dont back that statement up? maybe winning the snoopy bowl lasst year is the ace up your sleeve old Klecko old boy?

You take an article about a Giant talking trash and turn it into: 1. Rex is a trash talker.  Why is he talking when he has not won?  2.  The Jets care so much more about this game than the Giants.  Yep, you got it.  I am the one missing the point.  

Now youre full of sh*t. I never mentioned Rex. I mentioned the Jets. and they do talk sh*t. keep reaching

Hes not talking about himself, is he? hes talking about the Jets and the Giants, and that the Giants are the real NY Team? are there any facts that dont back that statement up? maybe winning the snoopy bowl lasst year is the ace up your sleeve old Klecko old boy?

But he has literally played no role in that, has he?

So if the Jets win two SBs in the next five years and win every game they play against the Giants in that stretch it will be perfectly OK with you for any player on the Jets to take daily verbal dumps on the Giants?

If roles were reversed and a Jets 4th round pick were talking smack about a preseason opponent, Giants or otherwise, he'd be stoned.  In this case its cool because his team was a winner before he got there.  Makes sense.

Conveniently ignored is the fact that the Jets initiated the sh*t talking the past few years. it is undeniable. but now we're going to put whip cream on a big steaming pile of sh*t and say it tastes like a hot fudge sundae. got it!

If roles were reversed and a Jets 4th round pick were talking smack about a preseason opponent, Giants or otherwise, he'd be stoned.  In this case its cool because his team was a winner before he got there.  Makes sense.

He's been grandfathered in...just putting on the jersey gives him the right to talk sh*t and make claims about being this that and the other without ever stepping foot on the field.

follow along dude

Conveniently ignored is the fact that the Jets initiated the sh*t talking the past few years. it is undeniable. but now we're going to put whip cream on a big steaming pile of sh*t and say it tastes like a hot fudge sundae. got it!

No. It is not ignored. It is blown way out of proportion. 

It started back in Rex's first year. He is asked about the Pats being the best team in the division and he talks about how much he respects the Pats and Belichick, but that his job as the head coach of the New York Jets is to beat Belichick. All you see anywhere on  TV, the internet and in print is "REX WON'T KISS BELICHICK'S RINGS."

They take one line out of a paragraph where Rex was mainly talking about his respect for Belichick out of context and there's your story. A new narrative is created out of thin air: REX RYAN IS A TRASH TALKER. Every press conference after that, the media asks leading questions looking for the next soundbite to take out of context. 

Meanwhile, you lap it up like a thirst puppy and buy into it hook, line and sinker. 

It started back in Rex's first year. He is asked about the Pats being the best team in the division and he talks about how much he respects the Pats and Belichick, but that his job as the head coach of the New York Jets is to beat Belichick. All you see anywhere on  TV, the internet and in print is "REX WON'T KISS BELICHICK'S RINGS."

They take one line out of a paragraph where Rex was mainly talking about his respect for Belichick out of context and there's your story. A new narrative is created out of thin air: REX RYAN IS A TRASH TALKER. Every press conference after that, the media asks leading questions looking for the next soundbite to take out of context. 

Meanwhile, you lap it up like a thirst puppy and buy into it hook, line and sinker. 

TF are you even talking about? we're talking about the Giants and the Jets. following along now. must be a busy day at the anchor store.

Plus it's clear as day we lose because of Rex's talking.  If he'd just shut up we'd win some games every once in a while.  Duh.

Plus it's clear as day we lose because of Rex's talking.  If he'd just shut up we'd win some games every once in a while.  Duh.

Again ill ask you guys to prove this Giants rookie wrong and all you guys do is get really fist pounding mad at me and make sarcastic Rex comments lol

Yeah, because other teams didn't want to win games against us before. Now, not only do they want to win games, they REALLY want to win games. 

Rex's mouth adds .5 seconds to every teams combined 40 times, 6 inches to their vertical leap and at least 8 more reps on the bench.  That why teams are so much better vs. than the Jets than other team.

Again ill ask you guys to prove this Giants rookie wrong and all you guys do is get really fist pounding mad at me and make sarcastic Rex comments lol

No one is attempting to prove him wrong.  The Giants win a Super Bowl every decade.  But it shouldn't be coming from a guy who hasn't played a meaningful down for the team yet. 

Archived