Edwards+ Donnie Henderson to K.C by friday..?(link provided)

GlennFoley

Edwards are Bradway are connected. If one goes they both go.

I don't want Dinger as the new Head Coach.

Losing Donnie is not a big deal. He had a Terrible year. Although he would have no problem maintaining the high level of defense they have come to expect in K.C.

in all honesty, this is not the worst thing for the jets. dinger is a no nonsense guy who seemed awed by edwards lack of discipline and hands off style.

this also puts a short leash on both dinger and bradway. if the team doesn't perform bradway will be gone and the new GM will handpick the next HC.

If this is true....That 2nd rd pick just jumped up to a 1st or if im the Nyjets...I say no deal.

You want Herm that bad and Donnie...You pay up. If not...screw you.

The New York Jets would have to be idiots to let this happen without trying to get more than a 2nd or 3rd pick. Are we not rebuilding? Then rebuild the right way.

in all honesty, this is not the worst thing for the jets. dinger is a no nonsense guy who seemed awed by edwards lack of discipline and hands off style.

this also puts a short leash on both dinger and bradway. if the team doesn't perform bradway will be gone and the new GM will handpick the next HC.

FO that is a real good post. My first reaction was that I didn't want Dinger because I want Bradway gone as well.

Ultimately I want the new GM to pick.

If this is true....That 2nd rd pick just jumped up to a 1st or if im the Nyjets...I say no deal.

You want Herm that bad and Donnie...You pay up. If not...screw you.

The New York Jets would have to be idiots to let this happen without trying to get more than a 2nd or 3rd pick. Are we not rebuilding? Then rebuild the right way.

Exactly! If true, the anty just went up...however, knowing the Jets, they'll settle for some bargain basement BS.

Exactly! If true, the anty just went up...however, knowing the Jets, they'll settle for some bargain basement BS.

If the NY Jets settle and just take whatever Kc's first offer is...WE ARE IDIOTS AND DESERVE TO GET FLEECED! What kind of half assed franchise would settle?

Thats not possible. Its illegal.

I don't think Henderson would be officially part of the deal guys, so you can't use that in negotiations...

If Herm talked Henderson into coming with him, and Woody gave Donnie permission then Woody could void Henderson's contract, and K.C would pay him to be their d-coordinater..

Either that or the Chiefs pay the rest of Hendersons salary.. Im not exactly sure, but I don't think Henderson would officially be part of the deal.

it would be no better than a 2nd...they dont give 1st for coaches anymore...as per NFL channel last night..

losing donnie is a huge hit if this is true. they will need to move fast to bring in another defensive mind.

Herm has been the common denominator in reduced offense and defense,,

herm slowed down donnies defense after tinkerin in offseason,, hackett got worse every year he was here,,,

donnie without herm would have been nice,,

dont see why chiefs would sacrifice gunther cunningham, but maybe its a herm request since gunther and him may not see eye to eye (they coache dthere together)...

i will take gunther if pressed to replace donnie...

i would take Capers in a heartbeat as a DC,, he is great DC, just too anal to be a HC...

I don't think Henderson would be officially part of the deal guys, so you can't use that in negotiations...

If Herm talked Henderson into coming with him, and Woody gave Donnie permission then Woody could void Henderson's contract, and K.C would pay him to be their d-coordinater..

Either that or the Chiefs pay the rest of Hendersons salary.. Im not exactly sure, but I don't think Henderson would officially be part of the deal.

they could make henderson assistant HC,, cant stop him from promotion unless jets did that also,,

if jets are promotin dinger than that says that hendu wants out for bein overlooked and jets are obligin

Donnie CAN NOT be a part of the deal unless Woody just let's him walk.

What COULD happen is that the Chiefs sweeten the pot for Herm, in conjunction with teh Jets letting Henderson go.

But in order to do that, Henderson would have to receive permission from the Jets in order to have a contract ready from teh Chiefs, and so and so and so on.

Herm has been the common denominator in reduced offense and defense,,

herm slowed down donnies defense after tinkerin in offseason,, hackett got worse every year he was here,,,

donnie without herm would have been nice,,

dont see why chiefs would sacrifice gunther cunningham, but maybe its a herm request since gunther and him may not see eye to eye (they coache dthere together)...

i will take gunther if pressed to replace donnie...

i would take Capers in a heartbeat as a DC,, he is great DC, just too anal to be a HC...

Exactly, if Herm and Donnie go, the Jets should grab Gunther...a proven legit DC.

It may be true:

Jets, Chiefs huddle

KC is reportedly discussing deal that would snare Edwards

BY KEN BERGER AND JON HEYMAN

STAFF WRITERS

January 4, 2006

The Jets and Chiefs are discussing a deal that would allow coach Herman Edwards to walk away from the last two years of his contract and replace Dick Vermeil in Kansas City, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

As of last night, the Chiefs had not gone through official channels to request permission to interview Edwards, and Jets general manager Terry Bradway said, "Officially, I have not gotten a call from Kansas City and I'm not expecting one as of right now."

But the teams were in what one high-ranking team official described as "a staging process" to determine if the framework exists for a compensation deal that would allow Edwards to bolt.

The person with knowledge of the situation said indications are strong that owner Woody Johnson is not willing to extend Edwards' contract after a losing season for the second time in three years.

Edwards is believed to want more security, not to mention more money; at $2 million per season, he is in the bottom third among NFL head coaches.

When approached after his radio show at a Long Island hotel last night, Bradway said there had been no contact between the teams. He indicated that if a team called about Edwards, he would talk with his coach to gage his interest in leaving.

Asked if he would consider receiving draft picks in exchange for Edwards, Bradway said, "I can't answer that. I have nothing to say."

Edwards' working history with Chiefs president Carl Peterson looms large in the discussions, which could cost the Jets the coach who ruled one of the most stable, successful periods in their history.

Edwards won more playoff games than any other Jets coach and righted a disoriented organization that was in chaos after the departure of Bill Parcells as director of football operations after the 2000 season.

The NFL Network first reported that the talks involve "middle-round picks" for Edwards. Not even high-ranking team officials reached last night, including top assistant coaches, knew discussions were occurring.

In fact, defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson, who confirmed he will interview for the Saints head-coaching vacancy this weekend or next, said yesterday that he had no doubt Edwards would be back.

"He told us all that he's going to be here," Henderson said, referring to a well-publicized speech Edwards made to the team, with Johnson present, on the practice field in November. "I wouldn't doubt him. He's never told me a lie."

The Chiefs job is one of seven head coaching openings after the Raiders' firing of Norv Turner yesterday.

Long-held speculation that Edwards could wind up with the Chiefs was stoked last week, when Vermeil said Edwards should be NFL coach of the year, and again this week when Peterson admitted that he would like to interview Edwards if the Jets would grant permission.

If the teams cannot agree on a framework for a deal, the official request to interview Edwards might never be made. But everything seems to be aligned for another Jets coach to seek greener pastures, and leave a formidable rebuilding job in his wake.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sbjets044574718jan04,0,5762721.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

Franseca says this is now happening after spending a hour saying it wouldn't.

Herm haters rejoice. Who would have thought Herm actually instigated his leaving.

I never hated Herm...hell, I took his name as my handle. I think Herm is a great guy, I just don't like him as our HC. I soured on him the first year...I don't think he's learned one damn thing on how to manage a game from the time the game starts and is ended. That includes time outs, substitutions, game plans, game adjustments, etc.

Archived