Bash Bros

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

It's nice to see a little nastiness out of our offense.  Not to be cliche but winning is an attitude and since Rex got here our offense has been a punching bag for opposing defenses.

Sanchez got the living crap kicked out of him (how many late, or close to late, hits did he take) without anyone really stepping up for him?  They guy would get blasted and there was no retaliation.

On one play I saw someone laid their hands on Breno and Colon came flying in and leveled the opposing player, ripped his helmet off and was ready to fight the whole defense.  His actions were contagious and next thing you know half the Jets team is ready to roll.  Been a while since we've had an offense that had any confidence, let alone an attitude that they can move people around.

That's how a team builds camaraderie and a love for playing with each other. That's also leadership.  Something we haven't had from an offensive player in ages.

Colon gets it.  Breno gets it.  We need a few more offensive players to get it also and we'll be on to something here...

Re-watched some of the Bengals game again.  THe right side of our OLine is absolutely nasty.

Brent and Willie are two mean SOB's.  Along with Winters I love how nasty our OLine is.

DBrick and Mangold are pretty mild mannered.  The other three...they're downright crazy.

I agree. Im actually thinking of buying a Colon Jersey. He's such an a$$hole.  :wild:

It's interesting, the plan at OL seems to gear it more towards run-blocking than pass-blocking.  Colon and Breno are definitely road-grader types on that right side.

This seems to be counterintuitive since it's a passing league, but then you look at the Seahawks; A run-first offense with one of the worst pass-blocking units in the league statistically (granted, they were in the NFC West, loaded with pass-rushers) but a very good run-blocking unit up front.  Pair that with a mobile QB who can run his way out of trouble on occasion and also throws a pretty good deep ball and the strategy seemed to work.

Isn't so adorable how Jets fans come up with these little nicknames, it's like they are so starved for attention that they'll make up these little names for players before they actually ever do anything. Just so precious. :bag:

You really do have a knack for being wrong about so many things in such short little posts.  Let's begin, shall we:

1.  You're referencing something made up by one random Jets fan on a message board and trying to nonsensically apply it to the entire fan base, based on absolutely nothing.

2.  You are incorrectly alleging that this is "for players before they actually ever do anything", when it is actually in reference to an 8-year veteran and 6-year veteran.

3.  Best of all, this comes from a Pats fan, who is amongst the very same group who dubbed some supposed all-star who went on to become the Jets #3 TE just weeks later as "Baby Gronk".

You lose again... thanks for playing.

You really do have a knack for being wrong about so many things in such short little posts.  Let's begin, shall we:

1.  You're referencing something made up by one random Jets fan on a message board and trying to nonsensically apply it to the entire fan base, based on absolutely nothing.

2.  You are incorrectly alleging that this is "for players before they actually ever do anything", when it is actually in reference to an 8-year veteran and 6-year veteran.

3.  Best of all, this comes from a Pats fan, who is amongst the very same group who dubbed some supposed all-star who went on to become the Jets #3 TE just weeks later as "Baby Gronk".

You lose again... thanks for playing.

You do understand that pretending to refute something I post isn't the same thing as actually refuting it? You can pretend that there haven't been threads posted by Jets fans calling the Jets D-line "Sons of Anarchy", or "Thunder and Lighting" for the Jets RBs, and more, but please continue, it's adorable. Oh and as for losing, you should know all about it.

Isn't so adorable how Jets fans come up with these little nicknames, it's like they are so starved for attention that they'll make up these little names for players before they actually ever do anything. Just so precious. :bag:

Why are you quoting me you disgusting collection of in-grown hairs? 

You do understand that pretending to refute something I post isn't the same thing as actually refuting it? You can pretend that there haven't been threads posted by Jets fans calling the Jets D-line "Sons of Anarchy", or "Thunder and Lighting" for the Jets RBs, and more, but please continue, it's adorable. Oh and as for losing, you should know all about it.

Hate to break this to you, JN didn't create the Sons of Anarchy name, nor did the fans overall.  And I'm not sure what point you're trying to make when referencing the most ridiculously overused named in Thunder and Lightning, which I don't see anyone using about the Jets anyway.

The best part is, even if we outright assume everything in this post of yours is true, and these apply to more than just a few fans on a message board, you are ultimately still absolutely wrong.  You are claiming it as something which is unique to Jets fans, which has already been proven to be untrue.  You alleged that it was in regards to players who have not done anything, which is completely wrong and also displays a complete lack of knowledge about NFL players on your part.  And to top it all off, the most recent obvious example of this little narrative of yours shows your very own fan base to be far more guilty of these allegations you're making than anyone.

Try again if you like, but this little point of yours has done a better job of making you and your fellow Pats fans look guilty of this than Jets fans.  I have the utmost confidence that you'll do a fantastic job of proving yourself wrong in your next response, as it's what you do best, so have fun with that.

Archived