What I want to see on Friday night...

Maxman

Not to worried about jace amaro. He'll be better down the road especially in his sophomore season.

I need to see geno dominant, alot of positive plays.

Jace was more of a want than a need for me.  I need Geno to step up. I want Jace to be part of that process. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like not to see a guy starting at corner that used to be a linebacker before he was a safety.

Yes, so only one of the starting corners is a linebacker turned safety turned corner. Thank God for small blessings.

Idzik.

Thanks for adding some fresh ideas in this thread. 

I don't want to see him, or anyone, banned. It would be nice if he and guys like madmike would pump the breaks a little. I'm surprised when I see things like CTM and I having a 10 post slap-fight and catching a lecture about being stupid, but these guys take an enormous sh*t all over this site for a month and it's business as usual.

Consider it a compliment. I have higher expectations for you guys than I do your average site crappers.

- Something to separate Geno's QB play from Tajh Boyd's. 

- A reason to believe that Chris Johnson is a better option than Bilal Powell

- The corners have been a concern - but I want to see the coverage over the middle tighten up. It's always been a problem - but with Pryor playing I'm hopeful it will be improved.

- Amaro and/or Sudfeld show me they can play with the 1's and not just the 2's and 3's

- Some kind of pass rush from our front 7 that has talked so much garbage and has yet to show anything.

- The #2 WR position is a lost cause. I completely give up on that.

- Something to separate Geno's QB play from Tajh Boyd's. 

- A reason to believe that Chris Johnson is a better option than Bilal Powell

- The corners have been a concern - but I want to see the coverage over the middle tighten up. It's always been a problem - but with Pryor playing I'm hopeful it will be improved.

- Amaro and/or Sudfeld show me they can play with the 1's and not just the 2's and 3's

- Some kind of pass rush from our front 7 that has talked so much garbage and has yet to show anything.

- The #2 WR position is a lost cause. I completely give up on that.

I think there's already plenty separation between Geno and Boyd. If Geno was every bit as bad as last year there's still a great deal of separation between him and Boyd.  Boyd hasn't even looked good against 3rd string guys, in games or in practice. I can't see how he's even earned a spot on a 90-man roster beyond being drafted <4 months ago. Smith has looked better, but it's all just preseason nothingness. No one's really gameplanning against him. Opposing coaches, like Jets coaches, are just trying things out vs people who don't attend their own team practices. If it fails, address why if it's simple or don't if there's too much wrong. But it's a get out of jail free in decision-making for everyone.

I'm not terribly worried about Johnson. I've seen the guy play - both the good gamebreaking stuff and the bad dancing around stuff where he forgoes some sure yardage. My desire is to see both him, and Powell, exit the game without injury. Really not expecting to see anything new or enlightening about either one in a preseason game.

The corners do suck. But again, while I do think Ryan realizes none of his healthy guys are Revis-lite, I would want him to see how bad they are in his preferred scheming. He surely knows how to put them into zone coverage, though it's clearly not his first love. At the same time, I may prefer he use this time to practice zone coverage with these new guys against live action, even if the initial returns are far less than outstanding. Might make Pryor & others more effective. I don't know.

Pass rush I'm less concerned about strictly because it is a preseason game. It would be nice to see 5 sacks, but I don't think that would continue all season long because of tonight. Nor do I think the team will end the season with 12 sacks if the starters don't get any either.

Agree 100% on Amaro & Sudfeld. Would take a lot of pressure off whoever ends up as the starting WR2, or the guy who eventually replaces the opening-day starter down the road. I'm sort of hoping for it to be Salas. I think Enunwa is too much of a wish, as he isn't ready to start even if he shows he's worthy of a roster spot. Salas could be, because of recent praise and I haven't seen enough of him to SMH at the idea yet. Guys do come out of nowhere with huge improvements each year, at various positions. I don't think much of Decker, Hill, Gates, or Ford right now, no matter how much I wish a superman light would go on for any of them.

Who cares? He didn't make AA a starting corner.

Who put the team in a position where they have no one else to start at corner?

C'mon, the team sustained injuries to (arguably) the top 3 corners on its depth chart, all in 1 week (2 for sure, since Patterson's injury/injuries are a little muddier).

Find me even one NFL team that is 6 starters deep at the position (4 starter-worthy guys outside and 2 covering the slot).

C'mon, the team sustained injuries to (arguably) the top 3 corners on its depth chart, all in 1 week (2 for sure, since Patterson's injury/injuries are a little muddier).

Find me even one NFL team that is 6 starters deep at the position (4 starter-worthy guys outside and 2 covering the slot).

IDZIK SHOULD HAVE PREPARED FOR THIS

Our top 3 corners aren't starters on a lot of good teams which is the problem

This "problem" exists for every team at some position or another. This is the first time in a long time the Jets only seem to have this problem at one position.

Right.

Are we really supposed to believe that if only Dimitri Patterson or Dexter McDougle didn't get hurt, then CB wouldn't be a concern? Come on.

This "problem" exists for every team at some position or another. This is the first time in a long time the Jets only seem to have this problem at one position.

Wide receiver is a position that exists too, you know. Similar problem there. Idzik built this team as if passing is not a thing in the NFL.

Who cares? He didn't make AA a starting corner.

Who put the team in a position where they have no one else to start at corner?

So Tannenbaum picked Allen, 3 corners got hurt,  Rex is experimentally using Allen at corner, and it's all Idzik's fault.  Got it.

Wide receiver is a position that exists too, you know. Similar problem there. Idzik built this team as if passing is not a thing in the NFL.

Signed the best WR on the market, drafted a top 3 TE prospect. and acquired one of the fastest RB's in league history to be a pass-catching RB.

#ForwardPassDoesntExist

No, the problem with starting AA and the others presently in there (which is "the problem" referred to in the post I was responding to) is that the top 3 corners (or 3 of the top 4 at worst) are presently injured. 

Take the team you believe to have the best set of corners in the league. Now cross off their top 3 and see what's left. It's doubtful many would point fingers at the team trying anyone out at the position(s) while the games' successes and failures are freebies. 

So Tannenbaum picked Allen, a corner tore his ACL, Rex is experimentally using Allen at corner, and it's all Idzik's fault.  Got it.

Yeah, Rex had to choose between Allen and Lankster. That's not an experiment, that's a coin flip.

BTW, Walls is starting opposite Allen... lol.

No, the problem with starting AA and the others presently in there (which is "the problem" referred to in the post I was responding to) is that the top 3 corners (or 3 of the top 4 at worst) are presently injured. 

Take the team you believe to have the best set of corners in the league. Now cross off their top 3 and see what's left. It's doubtful many would point fingers at the team trying anyone out at the position(s) while the games' successes and failures are freebies.

Is injury history always to be ignored when drafting/signing players? Idzik chose to ignore it and is now paying the consequences. But again, even if all of his corners were healthy, they would still suck. Meanwhile he sits on $21M to he can re-sign Jeremy Kerley.

Archived