Geno Smith progressing ...

Smashmouth

Just got done watching the replay. Two things stood out regarding Geno:

1) His first step when feeling pressure was up into the pocket, not to the left or right like last year.

2) He is definitely stepping into his throws, but more importantly, it looks like his stride is much shorter. Long strides cause the ball to sail resulting in overthrows.

oh boy.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go EY!!!!!!!

I googled scruffy cowboy.

Hey you may have a chance this time. all of the (or most of them) older retired Florida Jets fans dont post here anymore. I think the horse guy hated you the most :) and Max doesnt wear panties anymore, he goes strictly commando now.

Hey you may have a chance this time. all of the (or most of them) older retired Florida Jets fans dont post here anymore. I think the horse guy hated you the most :) and Max doesnt wear panties anymore, he goes strictly commando now.

For an old guy, you have a pretty good memory BP.

Tx was fine when he wasn't logging on just to troll every thread that was even slightly optimistic about the jets

He looks calmer and is not making ill advised throws. Except of course when he decides to throw anything to Stephen Hill, who is a disaster, and never does anything to help his QB. I Like that he is calmer in the pocket. He took some shots in the mouth last night and hung in there.

Don't want to get too hyped but he look very poised and worked through his progressions last night. It's only preseason though, but I hope this continues. 

When hasent he looked "poised" in the pocket?

Everything I have been preaching since Idzik has gotten on board.. Jet community come together because its time to see these pieces mold into a true pro football team.. Have faith Jet Nation were breakin through the jet factor of disorder!! :)

Geno has looked very good in the pocket. He is now stepping into his throws rather than throwing off the back foot and he has quickened up his release.

These are some of the things I was critical on Geno about. Its very impressive that he has corrected some of his mechanic issues because they are very hard to fix . Part of that could be that he's more comfortable in the offense and that's also a good sign.

The big question is will he revert back under pressure ? Pressure usually brings out some of those bad habits. If Geno keeps his cool and does not try to push the issue I think he will continue to improve but only time and the regular season will tell.

If Geno goes so will the Jets go, we need Geno to succeed. If that backfield of Johnson Ivory and Powell gets it going it will only take that much more pressure off Geno and limit mistakes and give him the luxury to progress at a good rate. We seemed to run well on the Giants and the check downs worked really well. looks promising compared to the first 2 preseason games

Go Jets !!!

Very encouraging...he looks like a different QB.

Damn BP - you remember everything. You are like a message board historian.

Just got done watching the replay. Two things stood out regarding Geno:

1) His first step when feeling pressure was up into the pocket, not to the left or right like last year.

2) He is definitely stepping into his throws, but more importantly, it looks like his stride is much shorter. Long strides cause the ball to sail resulting in overthrows.

Welcome back douchebag!  Good commentary.

Damn BP - you remember everything. You are like a message board historian.

Hey Thanks! got a quick follow up question for you. I know I have a good memory, thanks! do you have any link to or text of ANY article the prestigious stoiscentry has written for this site? because for the life of me I cant find or remember one :)

Archived