Geno Smith progressing ...

Smashmouth

Anyone not wearing green colored glasses doesn't need a crystal ball to see that Geno sucks, but I'll enjoy the hell out of watching Jet fans come to that realization over the course of the season. Angry much?

No that would be just you. Most media outlets are saying he had shown improvement this preseason. I will wait and see. If he stinks then he stinks. Time to look elsewhere.

You are nothing more than a pathetic troll. Nobody has ever given a **** what you say so you show up on a Jets message board and do nothing but bait and antagonize. Does the negative attention you get here makes whatever sorrowful existence you live on the other side of your PC better? Yes? Ok. Ok. Feel free to troll all you like. Its like JN adopting a stray and unwanted dog. I know Max our owner is an amazingly nice fella and would want it this way.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tidbit:

Geno Smith, New York Jets: Over the first 13 weeks of 2013, Smith was the NFL's lowest-rated QB with a Total QBR of 21.6. Over the last four weeks of 2013, Smith was the league's second-highest rated QB with a QBR of 78.9, trailing only Peyton Manning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

Here's an interesting tidbit about Geno' last four games-

Oakland 5-11   Jets W

Carolina 11-5    Jets L

Cleveland 4-12  Jets W

Miami 8-8           Jets W

Lets see, does anyone see a pattern here? :win:

I can't wait for he/she/it to post again. I have like the next 10 pics already picked out. 

The hell is wrong with his woman (past or present, whenever the picture was taken)? That freaking cardigan and goofy-ass face? And his wife is/was the most "powerful" model in the country or world. She doesn't say to  the photographer, "You make my husband look gay(er), I get you fired!"? So then she allows the picture with the studded choker and his "Unhhh!! That dick is WAYYY up in me!" face?

Good Lord.

The hell is wrong with his woman (past or present, whenever the picture was taken)? That freaking cardigan and goofy-ass face? And his wife is/was the most "powerful" model in the country or world. She doesn't say to  the photographer, "You make my husband look gay(er), I get you fired!"? So then she allows the picture with the studded choker and his "Unhhh!! That dick is WAYYY up in me!" face?

Good Lord.

Think about this - exactly NONE of the pictures I have posted were altered in any way. 

I also have yet to post a single Uggs ad.

I don't think there is a single person on the planet with more embarrassing pictures of themselves on the internet. 

My expectations are playoffs or bust for this season. whether Geno really progresses at quarterback or not they have another QB Michael Vick who can step in and win as well.

Whichever quarterback steps up the most and wins consistently that's the quarterback that I will root for the most. Hopefully Geno does progress because if he regresses then it will be discouraging and another back to the drawing board moment for the Jets. Im hoping for the best from Geno and the Jets this season. I hope the best does actually happen.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets !

• 1 month later...

Geno has looked very good in the pocket. He is now stepping into his throws rather than throwing off the back foot and he has quickened up his release.

These are some of the things I was critical on Geno about. Its very impressive that he has corrected some of his mechanic issues because they are very hard to fix . Part of that could be that he's more comfortable in the offense and that's also a good sign.

The big question is will he revert back under pressure ? Pressure usually brings out some of those bad habits. If Geno keeps his cool and does not try to push the issue I think he will continue to improve but only time and the regular season will tell.

If Geno goes so will the Jets go, we need Geno to succeed. If that backfield of Johnson Ivory and Powell gets it going it will only take that much more pressure off Geno and limit mistakes and give him the luxury to progress at a good rate. We seemed to run well on the Giants and the check downs worked really well. looks promising compared to the first 2 preseason games

Go Jets !!!

Well guys I made this post in the pre - season and we saw improvement in mechanics and ball security but we also said, "can he carry this into the season in the heat of battle and tough fought games" and I think the answer to that question is obvious ,,he can't

Yesterday he was horrid and all the progress regressed he threw off his back foot constantly which caused the ball to sail way way over intended receivers heads and he made some really poor decisions . Its time to move on and start thinking about drafting a QB . If none of the QB's impress in the up coming draft then we need to find an interim guy to play next season and draft one the following year. It may also be time to give Simms a shot since we all know Vick is no long term answer. This team needs a franchise QB not a 3 or 4 year turnover machine bandaid

Well guys I made this post in the pre - season and we saw improvement in mechanics and ball security but we also said, "can he carry this into the season in the heat of battle and tough fought games" and I think the answer to that question is obvious ,,he can't

Yesterday he was horrid and all the progress regressed he threw off his back foot constantly which caused the ball to sail way way over intended receivers heads and he made some really poor decisions . Its time to move on and start thinking about drafting a QB . If none of the QB's impress in the up coming draft then we need to find an interim guy to play next season and draft one the following year. It may also be time to give Simms a shot since we all know Vick is no long term answer. This team needs a franchise QB not a 3 or 4 year turnover machine bandaid

how about the grown ups in charge quit going all or nothing and both find a serviceable journeyman AND draft a new QB? clearly this team needs a backup plan for the most important position.

how about the grown ups in charge quit going all or nothing and both find a serviceable journeyman AND draft a new QB? clearly this team needs a backup plan for the most important position.

Hey Im fine with that ..whatever it takes man just get someone in here

Didn't the "grownups" bring in Vick to be the serviceable journeyman? I think we all know there are no "grownups" making decisions for the Jets

Didn't the "grownups" bring in Vick to be the serviceable journeyman? I think we all know there are no "grownups" making decisions for the Jets

Fair enough sad but true

Why even bother with Vick? Fake competition, refusal to play him even when your starter misses the last meeting before game day.

Side note the "defense" of geno by some jets players was "this is no big deal it happens all the time"... Happens all the time??? Sums up the jets entire ****ed up culture right there. Nothing wrong with it! Hey we do what we want here!

Archived