Jets Release Seven; Reduce Roster to 81

Maxman

The New York Jets have announced several roster cuts. Six more players will have to be cut on Tuesday 8/26.

August 23, 2014

– The New York Jets reduced their roster to 81 by releasing the players below. Clubs must reduce their roster to a maximum of 75 players by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26.

Bruce Campbell 

(T/6-6/320/Maryland/Hamden, CT)

Steele Divitto 

(LB/6-2/237/Boston College/Ridgefield, CT)

Patrick Ford 

(OL/6-6/305/Eastern Kentucky/Richmond, KY)

Andrew Furney 

(K/5-10/210/Washington State/Burlington, WA)

Jacob Schum 

(P/5-11/211/Buffalo/Hamburg, NY)

Michael Smith 

(RB/5-9/205/Utah State/Tucson, AZ)

Markus Zusevics 

(OL/6-5/300/Iowa/Arlington Heights, IL)

The New York Jets have announced several roster cuts. Six more players will have to be cut on Tuesday 8/26.

August 23, 2014 – The New York Jets reduced their roster to 81 by releasing the players below. Clubs must reduce their roster to a maximum of 75 players by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26.

Bruce Campbell (T/6-6/320/Maryland/Hamden, CT)

Steele Divitto (LB/6-2/237/Boston College/Ridgefield, CT)

Patrick Ford (OL/6-6/305/Eastern Kentucky/Richmond, KY)

Andrew Furney (K/5-10/210/Washington State/Burlington, WA)

Jacob Schum (P/5-11/211/Buffalo/Hamburg, NY)

Michael Smith (RB/5-9/205/Utah State/Tucson, AZ)

Markus Zusevics (OL/6-5/300/Iowa/Arlington Heights, IL)

You can continue the conversation on the in our forums.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img>http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/ip3XUL7Cy2Y

View the full article

Surprised Jacob Schum (P/5-11/211/Buffalo/Hamburg, NY) failed to beat out Quigely. Either he's terrible or they ahve their eyes on someone else. Quigley is awful.

you are like the mailman, you always deliver, lol

last year quigley had an average of 45.5, (18th in the NFL ) and a net avg of 38.9, (22nd) and only 3 touchbacks, which was 8th.   so he has plenty of leg, decent accuracy, but may sometimes may outkick his coverage, which of course we don't know because we aren't in the meeting rooms.

he shanked 2 punts in a pre-season game.  schum was a camp leg

it was a mistake letting weatherford get away.  idzik blew that one big time ;-)

you are like the mailman, you always deliver, lol

last year quigley had an average of 45.5, (18th in the NFL ) and a net avg of 38.9, (22nd) and only 3 touchbacks, which was 8th.   so he has plenty of leg, decent accuracy, but may sometimes may outkick his coverage, which of course we don't know because we aren't in the meeting rooms.

he shanked 2 punts in a pre-season game.  schum was a camp leg

it was a mistake letting weatherford get away.  idzik blew that one big time ;-)

As T0m mentioned the other day, Westhoff, who was still with the Jets when the decision was made, has documented Weatherford is one of the worst punters when it comes to return yards allowed. Does seem to be a bit of personal dislike between Westoff and Weatherford.

If they keep Hill to dump Salas, it'd be because cutting Hill will cost them a million bucks, in which case Woody Johnson is serving as the Wizard of Oz and we're all doomed.

I think Salas deserves a chance. He has looked good this far. I know it's preeseason but Hill has done nada. I say cut him.

If they keep Hill to dump Salas, it'd be because cutting Hill will cost them a million bucks, in which case Woody Johnson is serving as the Wizard of Oz and we're all doomed.

Until Friday night, I didn't think there was any chance of Hill being cut. But I think that bad drop may have been the last straw.

Unless he plays lights-out against Philly, I think he's done here.

Until Friday night, I didn't think there was any chance of Hill being cut. But I think that bad drop may have been the last straw.

Unless he plays lights-out against Philly, I think he's done here.

The Jets cannot on one hand talk about competition at every position and then on the other hand ignore that Salas has outplayed Hill. Hill has done nothinhg to justify keeping hiim. They are scared to death Hill goes someplace else and figures it out with his size and speed. So far that fear looks misplaced; he can't catch.

The Jets cannot on one hand talk about competition at every position and then on the other hand ignore that Salas has outplayed Hill. Hill has done nothinhg to justify keeping hiim. They are scared to death Hill goes someplace else and figures it out with his size and speed. So far that fear looks misplaced; he can't catch.

I agree. If they truly believe in competition, then he doesn't deserve to be on the final roster.

I think the final six should be:

Decker

Kerley

Nelson

Salas

Saunders

Hakim

I could see Saunders and his "mystery illness" landing him on IR, and Enunwa taking his spot on the final 53. In my opinion Enunwa is the most intriguing receiver that we drafted.

salas is competing with gates I think and not hill.  If they keep hill it will be purely because they like his size outside imho.  MM's offense needs a deep threat for the play action pass. 

but yeah if they keep him, it's because woody is cheap, you nailed it

is that a big football powerhouse in NJ ?  please don't laugh at me, I'm a nutmegger, lol

Yes. They have been slightly down the past few years but they were Nationally ranked for high school football not that long ago. I am not sure about this year.

Ford, Gates and Hakim were the three that I have seen on kick returns.  Hakim got the nod against the Giants and Ford was way down on the depth chart.  Hakim seemed to be the first man down on kick coverage too.  I have not seen anything out of Hakim on offense.  Seems interesting.  Dowling got some chatter in camp, but he's never shown anything.  Leapfrogging him for Allen seems like the kiss of death.  The CB version of Ricky Sapp.  

Archived