Wes Welker suffers another concussion

Matt39

I understand that they are trying to protect the players but it should be their choice.

yeah until they become vegetables or kill their family then themselves and everyone wants to blame the league then for not protecting them.

anyway it shouldn't be their choice, since half of them are too stupid to make that sort of decision.

The NCAA just reworked their concussion guidelines.  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24610143/ncaa-releases-football-hitting-and-concussion-safety-guidelines

Some colleges are now going with a mandatory 4-6 weeks of rest if you get a concussion. That is a pretty big change.

I overheard some parents at a basketball game saying their 13 year old daughter had already received 3 concussions already from lacrosse and basketball.  I turned and gave them the parent glare.  They don't like me much anymore.  Screw them, if my girl gets a second concussion she's done permanently.

I disagree. It's their body and life.

it doesn't work that way in this world. the league has a level of responsibility towards the protection of the health of its players. the league needs to have guidelines concerning the protection of the health of its players

I know it is Peyton Manning so this doesn't really matter because he could pass to a card board cut out.

BUT

Let's just say Welker didn't play this year (I am speculating). The combination of Welker, Decker and Moreno had something like 2,500 receiving yards last year.  All those guys are gone.

This about this...when has a team lost 3 players that totaled 2,500 receiving yards the year before and still been favorite.

Just shows how amazing Peyton is.

Archived