Would you offer up Vick to the Rams?

Matt39

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports say Sancheeze wants nothing to do with Schitty reunion. Smart on his part, and HOLY sh*t we waste a QB prospect and 4 years in order to figure out that our OC was garbage. ****.

Yeah.  Ordinarily I'd say its better to start with a good supporting cast over being a # 2 QB in a great system, but in Sanchez's case, he's better off letting people think his preseason performance is some form of progression for him. 

The Rams had every opportunity to grab Sanchez this offseason but made the right call in getting Shaun Hill.  So the disinterest is likely mutual even with Schottenheimer involved.

If Sanchez were to be brought in he wouldn't supplant Hill immediately, and would get exposed when he did. 

Yeah.  Ordinarily I'd say its better to start with a good supporting cast over being a # 2 QB in a great system, but in Sanchez's case, he's better off letting people think his preseason performance is some form of progression for him. 

The Rams had every opportunity to grab Sanchez this offseason but made the right call in getting Shaun Hill.  So the disinterest is likely mutual even with Schottenheimer involved.

If Sanchez were to be brought in he wouldn't supplant Hill immediately, and would get exposed when he did. 

Fair points.

Ultimately I agree with CTM. For Sanchez NOT to want to take a starting gig opportunity he is an ultimate puss.

Preseason is meaningless, Sanchez should want to start. Who wants to be a backup at 27?

yeah man. those lacey cookies are super addictive. The type of cookies you eat in front of people and dont offer any. lol

And for the record, I noticed how you changed the subject lol. 

I avoid them. I am trying to keep from looking like old Rex. 

I know, I'm the one who did it.. after you did. LOL. I try to keep my arguing for real life, usually with Giants "fans". The internet is serious business. 

Sanchez is on a one year deal.  This would probably be a ploy for more years/money before any trade.  Sanchez went to the Eagles to resurrect his career.  He seems to be doing it.  I don't think we can fault him for looking to pick his next spot.  The Rams are not exactly a great set-up for him.  An OC he might not like, not the best OL and very little time to prepare for the season.  It could end up costing him money in the long run. 

Sanchez is on a one year deal.  This would probably be a ploy for more years/money before any trade.  Sanchez went to the Eagles to resurrect his career.  He seems to be doing it.  I don't think we can fault him for looking to pick his next spot.  The Rams are not exactly a great set-up for him.  An OC he might not like, not the best OL and very little time to prepare for the season.  It could end up costing him money in the long run. 

But, they are also a team he could take the starting position, and they are apparently in a position to make a playoff run. Not go far, but still get into the dance. Can't imagine too many playoff caliber teams looking to give that turd a try. 

I have been vocal about wanting vick to start but if you can take advantage of a desperate rams team and get a young talented player or a high draft pick, you take the deal and don't look back

Vick will look awfully tempting near the trade deadline if the Rams are 1-3.

But, they are also a team he could take the starting position, and they are apparently in a position to make a playoff run. Not go far, but still get into the dance. Can't imagine too many playoff caliber teams looking to give that turd a try. 

Who thinks the Rams are making the playoffs?  

They have not had a winning record since 2003. 

They were in a pretty good position to do so this year.  Most of the picks they got from the RGIII deal have worked out well.  They have the defending defensive player of the year in Robert Quinn and their DL has been a menace in the NFC West the last 2 seasons.  Just two years ago they went 4-1-1 against the NFC West and last year they were competitive with Kellen Clemens at QB.  Yes, Kellen Clemens.  Fisher seemed to reign in Brian Schottenheimer to such a degree that I don't they had a presnap-FB-in-motion happen in 2013.

Only thing holding them back was Bradford's health.  And even now, I think Shaun Hill could play well enough to at least keep them competitive, even in that division.  I'm not thinking playoffs but I think a winning record was definitely happening with Bradford, and still a possibility even now.

Vick will look awfully tempting near the trade deadline if the Rams are 1-3.

plus, think of how happy idzik would be to add $5M more in hundreds to his bearskin rug for him to roll around in naked

doesn't matter if it is true as long as they believe it!

They were in a pretty good position to do so this year.  Most of the picks they got from the RGIII deal have worked out well.  They have the defending defensive player of the year in Robert Quinn and their DL has been a menace in the NFC West the last 2 seasons.  Just two years ago they went 4-1-1 against the NFC West and last year they were competitive with Kellen Clemens at QB.  Yes, Kellen Clemens.  Fisher seemed to reign in Brian Schottenheimer to such a degree that I don't they had a presnap-FB-in-motion happen in 2013.

Only thing holding them back was Bradford's health.  And even now, I think Shaun Hill could play well enough to at least keep them competitive, even in that division.  I'm not thinking playoffs but I think a winning record was definitely happening with Bradford, and still a possibility even now.

I will believe it when I see it.  I think they are like the Lions.  They have some nice pieces and people think oh they improved. It has been a long time since the Rams made any noise. 

I will believe it when I see it.  I think they are like the Lions.  They have some nice pieces and people think oh they improved. It has been a long time since the Rams made any noise. 

Lions did make the playoffs though.  Something few thought they would 2 years removed from an 0-16 season.

Not when you're the worst team in your division and the NFC is stacked.

Not when you're the worst team in your division and the NFC is stacked.

The track record for teams coming off a Super Bowl victory hasn't been great lately.  Last year the Ravens went 8-8.  The 2013 Giants went 7-9.  I could see the Seahawks taking a slip.  Meanwhile, Arizona lost Darnell Dockett for the year and have a bunch of question marks.  It's not inconceivable that the Rams will finish out of the cellar even with the Bradford injury.  Hill has a 41 TD/23 INT ratio for his career.  He's not lousy.

The track record for teams coming off a Super Bowl victory hasn't been great lately.  Last year the Ravens went 8-8.  The 2013 Giants went 7-9.  I could see the Seahawks taking a slip.  Meanwhile, Arizona lost Darnell Dockett for the year and have a bunch of question marks.  It's not inconceivable that the Rams will finish out of the cellar even with the Bradford injury.  Hill has a 41 TD/23 INT ratio for his career.  He's not lousy.

Even if the Seahawks "take a slip", they're going undefeated at home because thats what they do...so I dont see them winning less than 10 games more in the 12+ range.  Still think the 49'ers are going to give them a run and end up being the Wild Card.  So between the Rams and Cards, I still the like the Cards better even with the loss of both Washington and Dockett on that defense.  Veteran QB, lots of weapons on offense...they're a good team.  The Rams with Bradford were maybe a 8 win team.  Now?  Who knows...but I dont seem winning 7 games like they did last year.

Either way, maybe the Cards are in the cellar this season and the Rams arent and the division winners are the current favorites (Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Eagles), I dont see the Rams having a better record than the 49'ers, Bears, Panthers, Atlanta or even Dallas for that matter...and think the Bucs could be a good team this year too.

Even if the Seahawks "take a slip", they're going undefeated at home because thats what they do...so I dont see them winning less than 10 games more in the 12+ range.  Still think the 49'ers are going to give them a run and end up being the Wild Card.  So between the Rams and Cards, I still the like the Cards better even with the loss of both Washington and Dockett on that defense.  Veteran QB, lots of weapons on offense...they're a good team.  The Rams with Bradford were maybe a 8 win team.  Now?  Who knows...but I dont seem winning 7 games like they did last year.

Either way, maybe the Cards are in the cellar this season and the Rams arent and the division winners are the current favorites (Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Eagles), I dont see the Rams having a better record than the 49'ers, Bears, Panthers, Atlanta or even Dallas for that matter...and think the Bucs could be a good team this year too.

The NFC is definitely loaded.

Why would you want to intern at Microsoft when you can manage the overnight shift at Wendy's?

It's no surprise that a halfman like yourself would choose the same route. The bottom line is that there is 32 of these jobs out there, I don't know how you pass one of them up as someone who should have a competitive fire and confidence.

It's no surprise that a halfman like yourself would choose the same route. The bottom line is that there is 32 of these jobs out there, I don't know how you pass one of them up as someone who should have a competitive fire and confidence.

Agree 100% on this. It should tell you a lot about what kind of competitve nature the guy has if he's content being a back up in this league when there is potentially a starting job available. Most NFL careers are generally very short and a lot of people drop out of the league without a second thought.

Agree 100% on this. It should tell you a lot about what kind of competitve nature the guy has if he's content being a back up in this league when there is potentially a starting job available. Most NFL careers are generally very short and a lot of people drop out of the league without a second thought.

That is not all it is though.  He will get a chance to pick his team in 2015.  Why should he give that up for the opportunity to run the Rams?  I know some of you guys seem to think they are on the cusp, but I don't see it.  WOuld you rather face the NFC East or NFC West?  Competitive fire is nice, but a year learning this system might help him a hell of a lot more than jumping ship back to Schotty on season's eve.  In 2015 he picks his team and contract.  

Archived