POTW - January 4, 2006

GreenBeans

This installment of the POTW award goes to rsherryjr for his perfectly timed post concerning Terry Bradway and all of his draft picks this year. You can see his post on the front page http://www.jetnation.com.

Other posts considered and of note:

Smizzy wrote:

-Larry Johnson is a complete animal.

-Santana Moss is a good Wr.

-Herman Edwards is the Anti-Christ.

-Archie Manning's Sperm is worth like $32 mil a pop.

-Anquan Boldin & Larry fitzgerald are the next GREAT WR duo in the NFl.

-Vinny INT was better off eating Hungry Man dinners on his sofa.

-The whole is only as good as the sum of its parts. The 2005 -NY Jets had a bunch of shitty parts.

-Nobody is held accountable here in Ny. If you are offered a job by the NYJ. Take it and run! show up when you want and blame others come review time. Works for herm ,it can work for you too!

-The NFl season can be a long,cruel joke. Pray to god you don't become the punchline.

-Maxman , Gob & myself have a total combined wieght of about 750 pounds. That's a lot of manboob!

-Woody Johnson aka Richie Rich isn't a man of his word and is pretty much running this team right into the ground,or New Jersey. Same difference.

-Gun of Bavaria married up. lucky bastard must have money.

-There will be 7 or 8 owners who are smart enough to fire their underachieving Head coaches and Gm's....We won't be one of them.

-Feel free to add on

--------------------------------

Maxman wrote:

NFL Bylaws state, "It is not legal in nature to exchange draft picks for a NFL Head Coach."

According to you guys Herm isn't an actual Head Coach so this should be perfectly legal.

-------------------------------

Hermanator wrote:

Well, I don't know about you guys, but being a Jets fan for too many years to remember, Parcells was the only HC (including Weeb) where every game I felt we had a chance to win.

Did I like that he abandoned us like baby left on a door step? Hell no! But, at least we had respectability around the league...something this team doesn't even have the slightest clue at being. Respected, that is.

GGG wrote:

I earned bragging rights. Maxman couldn't do it. TomShane couldn't do it.

JetNation is now linked on the Official New York Jets website.

Check it out!!!!!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/fans/links.php

-------------------------------------

Bugg wrote:

Kinda like telling your little brother not to mix liquor with beer, or trying to stop a friend from getting serious with the local slut. They'll learn, but it will be too late. Come on back in 3 years with the Dickie Curl stories.

---------------------------------------------------

GREENSMACKS wrote:

LOLLLLLL

i can, just i dont know what the hell i want and cant make up my mind

Smizzy wrote:

Well that look he has on the sideline would be the look you would have if you were readin a menu in swahili with 1 eye sown shut.

BigJermaineFromQnz wrote:

or if you had no idea how the game of football works and therefore lack the proper knowledge to make a timely and well thought out judgement.

Scott Dierking wrote:

If certain reports are true

And if Kansas City has approached the Jets, and if in fact Edwards has said that he would listen to overtures from Kansas City, then, really, all that is left is a game of poker. And that game of poker is just about draft choice compensation, and that is all.

Once Edwards says that he will listen to other overtures, you can't have him be your coach anymore. I say that not only from a philosophical point of view, but a pragmatic one as well. What he will have basically said to your face then is exactly opposite of what he has told the public (that is not the importan part), but he will also have told you that he does not believe in the organization anymore and that he does not want to work for you anymore.

How can you retain someone after that? How can you let someone lead your men after that?

It cannot be about money. It cannot be about security. It will be about loyalty at that time.

And, if the Jets allow themselves to be treated like second class citizens at that point, then that is what they will get in return.

Once he says he interested in other overtures, it is all over. The only remaining sticking point is compensation. If you do not get the compensation that you require, you hold on to him, you secure plan B, and then you cut him after KC has made their coaching change.

It really is that simple, if it has progressed this far. KC knows it. And teh Jets have to know it. Herm certainly does.

See you next time - except for you, St. Hermie! :wink:

This installment of the POTW award goes to rsherryjr for his perfectly timed post concerning Terry Bradway and all of his draft picks this year. You can see his post on the front page http://www.jetnation.com.

Other posts considered and of note:

Smizzy wrote:

-Larry Johnson is a complete animal.

-Santana Moss is a good Wr.

-Herman Edwards is the Anti-Christ.

-Archie Manning's Sperm is worth like $32 mil a pop.

-Anquan Boldin & Larry fitzgerald are the next GREAT WR duo in the NFl.

-Vinny INT was better off eating Hungry Man dinners on his sofa.

-The whole is only as good as the sum of its parts. The 2005 -NY Jets had a bunch of sh*tty parts.

-Nobody is held accountable here in Ny. If you are offered a job by the NYJ. Take it and run! show up when you want and blame others come review time. Works for herm ,it can work for you too!

-The NFl season can be a long,cruel joke. Pray to god you don't become the punchline.

-Maxman , Gob & myself have a total combined wieght of about 750 pounds. That's a lot of manboob!

-Woody Johnson aka Richie Rich isn't a man of his word and is pretty much running this team right into the ground,or New Jersey. Same difference.

-Gun of Bavaria married up. lucky bastard must have money.

-There will be 7 or 8 owners who are smart enough to fire their underachieving Head coaches and Gm's....We won't be one of them.

-Feel free to add on

Maxman wrote:

NFL Bylaws state, "It is not legal in nature to exchange draft picks for a NFL Head Coach."

According to you guys Herm isn't an actual Head Coach so this should be perfectly legal.

Hermanator wrote:

Well, I don't know about you guys, but being a Jets fan for too many years to remember, Parcells was the only HC (including Weeb) where every game I felt we had a chance to win.

Did I like that he abandoned us like baby left on a door step? Hell no! But, at least we had respectability around the league...something this team doesn't even have the slightest clue at being. Respected, that is.

GGG wrote:

I earned bragging rights. Maxman couldn't do it. TomShane couldn't do it.

JetNation is now linked on the Official New York Jets website.

Check it out!!!!!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/fans/links.php

-------------------------------------

Bugg wrote:

Kinda like telling your little brother not to mix liquor with beer, or trying to stop a friend from getting serious with the local slut. They'll learn, but it will be too late. Come on back in 3 years with the Dickie Curl stories.

---------------------------------------------------

GREENSMACKS wrote:

LOLLLLLL

i can, just i dont know what the hell i want and cant make up my mind

Smizzy wrote:

Well that look he has on the sideline would be the look you would have if you were readin a menu in swahili with 1 eye sown shut.

BigJermaineFromQnz wrote:

or if you had no idea how the game of football works and therefore lack the proper knowledge to make a timely and well thought out judgement.

Scott Dierking wrote:

If certain reports are true

And if Kansas City has approached the Jets, and if in fact Edwards has said that he would listen to overtures from Kansas City, then, really, all that is left is a game of poker. And that game of poker is just about draft choice compensation, and that is all.

Once Edwards says that he will listen to other overtures, you can't have him be your coach anymore. I say that not only from a philosophical point of view, but a pragmatic one as well. What he will have basically said to your face then is exactly opposite of what he has told the public (that is not the importan part), but he will also have told you that he does not believe in the organization anymore and that he does not want to work for you anymore.

How can you retain someone after that? How can you let someone lead your men after that?

It cannot be about money. It cannot be about security. It will be about loyalty at that time.

And, if the Jets allow themselves to be treated like second class citizens at that point, then that is what they will get in return.

Once he says he interested in other overtures, it is all over. The only remaining sticking point is compensation. If you do not get the compensation that you require, you hold on to him, you secure plan B, and then you cut him after KC has made their coaching change.

It really is that simple, if it has progressed this far. KC knows it. And teh Jets have to know it. Herm certainly does.

See you next time - except for you, St. Hermie! :wink:

Great choices =D>

Archived