Dimitri Patterson went AWOL.

T0mShane

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? What do you mean "left"? Are we free of his contract, then? Big time fail by Idzik either way.

Tweets be saying that Patterson was in the building on Friday, but left before the game and no one on the Jets has been in contact with him.

Tweets be saying that Patterson was in the building on Friday, but left before the game and no one on the Jets has been in contact with him.

SMH... only Idzik. Only. Idzik.

What is the team's depth chart at CB now that this journeyman and our converted linebacker are out? Darrin Walls and Ellis Lankster on the outside, Kyle Wilson inside and Johnny Patrick on the bench? BRUTAL.

A deal is imminent no way Rex goes into the season with vast array of scrub CBs no way in hell.

It has been speculated that Idzik is purposefully setting Rex up to fail and that Johnny boy doesn't care if the team goes down in flames as long as he gets to hire his own coach next year. If that's the case, expect him to continue the offseason of inaction by starting Walls and Lankster.

Story to come, but Patterson has left the team. Was supposed to play against the Giants.

Just saw this. This is insane and terrible. I was confused on Friday night, it sounded like he was going to play.

This is not good....really hurts the team., especially in week one if Milliner is out. They can't just give him a slap on the wrist even if he did come back now. I never heard of a player doing this.

I get that its become a meme...but this is 100% on John Idzik. He gets a pass on Mike Goodson...but penny pinching on the CB position was silly. Patterson was a scrub anyways...but jeeze were sitting on way too much money for this sh*t.

I get that its become a meme...but this is 100% on John Idzik. He gets a pass on Mike Goodson...but penny pinching on the CB position was silly. Patterson was a scrub anyways...but jeeze were sitting on way too much money for this sh*t.

Idzik finding out why cheap bananas are cheap.

Idzik finding out why cheap bananas are cheap.

This is why you can't just pursue the cheapest players out there. A good GM brings in a mix of guys, some established, some with potential... he doesn't go out of his way to sign and draft as many injuries waiting to happen as he can like Idzik does.

This is why you can't just pursue the cheapest players out there. A good GM brings in a mix of guys, some established, some with potential... he doesn't go out of his way to sign and draft as many injuries waiting to happen as he can like Idzik does.

Wtf do injuries have to do with Patterson violating the terms of his contract?

Who's left out there that can be signed?

"Plenty. Be Patient."-what you all were telling me months ago when I WAS SAYING THE SAME DAMN THING.

To answer your question: there's basically nothing. There's so little that calling Asante Samuel out of retirement seemed like a good idea last week. Gotta wait for cuts, but it's slim pickings there.

Starting Jets CB Dimitri Patterson has gone "AWOL," and did not show up for Friday's preseason game against the Giants.

The team has "no idea" why Patterson didn't show up against the Giants. He's reportedly fine physically. According to reporter Rich Cimini, Patterson's agent is "also in the dark." With fellow starter Dee Milliner dealing with a high-ankle sprain, the Jets are shockingly thin at cornerback. If Patterson is gone for good, the Jets will be looking at a crisis situation for Week 1. Reserves Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls are not starting-quality corners.

It depends where you are in your rebuild, though. He hasn't committed big future money to anyone at any position as yet.

Archived