•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The "Sign This Beast" Thread

thanks idzik

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

With cuts starting to happen, let's keep all of the handwringing and bellyaching in here.

Spanks.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#2 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Do we have to wait for cuts to direct all bellyaching into this thread?
Insert witty comment here

#3 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Do we have to wait for cuts to direct all bellyaching into this thread?

I don't think it's necessary.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#4 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Adrian Wilson?

#5 Patriot Killa

Patriot Killa

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Adrian Wilson?

Too old and slow to play In the backfield for us.

#6 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Alan Branch.

#7 Patriot Killa

Patriot Killa

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Alan Branch.

DUI charge just a day or two ago..

#8 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks released former Giants CB Terrell Thomas, per league source.

Thoughts?

#9 Jettington

Jettington

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

If he doesn't end up on IR or pull a disappearing act then why not?

#10 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,563 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

Winston Jutsice released by Denver.

#11 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks released former Giants CB Terrell Thomas, per league source.

Thoughts?

YES PLEASE!

#12 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,700 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Winston Jutsice released by Denver.

He did a nice job filling in for an injured Clady.  My guess is he ends up with the Falcons after losing their LT.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#13 NYJetsVets91

NYJetsVets91

Green Machine

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 530 posts
  • LocationLaramie, Wyoming

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Thoughts?

Only red flag is his injury history... Which seems to be a problem for us. He has had surgery on his ACL 3 times, and didn't play 2011 or 2012. If he can stay healthy it'd be a good pick up. I'd say at this point though Idzik should make the call, and bring him in. If he can even return to half or 3/4 of his old form it'd be worth it. He had 10 Ints 2009-2010. 

Edited by NYJetsVets91, 24 August 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#14 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Only red flag is his injury history... Which seems to be a problem for us. He has had surgery on his ACL 3 times, and didn't play 2011 or 2012. If he can stay healthy it'd be a good pick up. I'd say at this point though Idzik should make the call, and bring him in. If he can even return to half or 3/4 of his old form it'd be worth it. He had 10 Ints 2009-2010. 

The positive thing is that his getting cut from Seattle means Idzik can likely get direct info regarding his release.  

#15 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Only red flag is his injury history... Which seems to be a problem for us. He has had surgery on his ACL 3 times, and didn't play 2011 or 2012. If he can stay healthy it'd be a good pick up. I'd say at this point though Idzik should make the call, and bring him in. If he can even return to half or 3/4 of his old form it'd be worth it. He had 10 Ints 2009-2010

I always viewed INTs as a false positive for good CB play.  The best of them never get thrown at and have few opportunities to get picks.  If you're picking off a lot of passes it's likely because you're either getting targeted more or are gambling more due to poor position.  some guys like Deion Sanders would leave separation on purpose to bait QB's, but there aren't many with those skills.

#16 NYJetsVets91

NYJetsVets91

Green Machine

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

I always viewed INTs as a false positive for good CB play.  The best of them never get thrown at and have few opportunities to get picks.  If you're picking off a lot of passes it's likely because you're either getting targeted more or are gambling more due to poor position.  some guys like Deion Sanders would leave separation on purpose to bait QB's, but there aren't many with those skills.

He also had 34 PDs 2009-2010

#17 NYJetsVets91

NYJetsVets91

Green Machine

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

The positive thing is that his getting cut from Seattle means Idzik can likely get direct info regarding his release.  

Yeah, it's a little curious since they signed him less than a month ago...

#18 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, it's a little curious since they signed him less than a month ago...

Rotoworld says they like their depth.  It could be that he's injury prone, or sucks, or that they simply want to load up at a different position for their 53.  Either way, I'm sure Idzik can get a straight answer so we don't waste our time for naught. 

#19 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

He was listed fourth at right corner, on their depth chart. 

Edited by pointman, 24 August 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#20 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,784 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Supposedly teams were scared off by his knees.  Thomas is always hurt.  Detroit had him in and didn't like him.  He had some decent runs and teams may have avoided Webster, who at one point played at a high level, to try to pick on him.  They both seemed fairly weak last year. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#21 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,263 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Packers cut Chris Harper. That's an interesting one.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#22 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,145 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Do want to even think twice about any of these slugs.  It's the next rounds of cuts where we may be able to luck into some quality players.

Edited by Il Mostro, 24 August 2014 - 11:28 PM.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#23 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Do want to even think twice about any of these slugs.  It's the next rounds of cuts where we may be able to luck into some quality players.

SOme of them are being cut so that they have an extra week to catch on with another team. Some of JETS and Pats cuts sure could find a home and paycheck this season. I am pretty sure some teams would give Jacoby Ford a look in.

#24 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

you are over thinking it.  

#25 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,700 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

you are over thinking it.  

Yeah, in Revis's best season he was also one of the most-targeted CBs in the league. Now granted, it's because he was shadowing everyone's #1 WR, but his INT total (6) was only very good rather than amazing like the rest of his season. 

Some guys get a lot of picks because of a lot of opportunities, but there are a whole lot of bad CBs out there every year who get thrown at plenty and don't pick off a lot of passes.  There were only 5 CBs in the league who picked off 5 passes last year (# of picks Terrell Thomas had in '09 and '10). Richard Sherman led the NFL with 8. He doesn't suck and doesn't have the speed to leave separation on purpose.

Sometimes it happens (e.g. Ty Law picking off 10 passes for us in '05) and sometimes it doesn't. But there's no unwritten rule that one can point to that suggests CBs with high INTs usually aren't good.

JetNation.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users