The "Sign This Beast" Thread

Thor99

Yeah, i get that.  I was surprised some when I saw some of the D-lineman that stuck, but then realized if they dump them, that means regulars have to play more snaps in pre-season game #4 which nobody wants.  They're in a tough spot, they really gotta' look at some guys.  To be honest though, it looks more and more like they're gonna' stand pat before kickoff tomorrow.  Surprised to say the least.

It's easy to forget. But it's one of the reasons the roster cutdowns are designed this way. Basically it would be final cutdowns (final 53) already but for the fact that there's one more farce "game" to play where every team must suit up players on its roster.  One could argue just doing away with this 4th game would solve this, but in reality there would be no intermediate 75-man roster.

Look at the numbers: there are 22 more players available to stash until Saturday. That is too ridiculous to be an accidental number. It's 11 starters on each side of the ball that the team doesn't need to risk in this 4th game. After the last preseason game, you don't need those 22 extra players to suit up anymore. So again, if not for the 4th preseason game we'd already be down to 53-man rosters. 

Cowboys waived CB B.W. Webb.

It's an admission of failure from owner/GM Jerry Jones, who made Webb the No. 114 overall pick of last year's draft. The move is in spite of the Cowboys' depth issues at cornerback. Webb was routinely roasted on his 185 defensive snaps as a rookie, and hadn't looked improved in the spring or preseason. His age (24) and draft pedigree should get him another look in relatively short order, however.

The Italians are all excited because the Raiders just picked up a kicker that was born in Milan - Giorgio Tavecchio.  The guy came out of Cal in 2012.  Raiders got him off waivers from the Lions.  He'd spent time in camps with the 49ers and Packers. 

The Raiders know what they are doing.

Archived