ESPN reports Pats have traded Logan Mankins to Tampa Bay

Wilkshake69

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay reportedly had maligned OG Richie Incognito in for a visit yesterday but it appears the Bucs have addressed their  need for an interior lineman by trading for six time pro-bowler Logan Mankins of the New England Patriots.  ESPN.com is reporting that the Bucs have sent TE Tim Wright and a draft pick to the Patriots in exchange for the long-time Patriots Guard.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/504324099305639936

Pats trolls telling us what a genius move this is in ......3....2....1

Don't forget how they will include that Mankins went happily because he believes in the "Patiot Way."

Pats traded for a TE and and productive one at that. They are clearly making contingency plans for Gronk's eventual IR placement. 

Why would you risk any OL chemistry issues days before the start of a season?  Bizarre move.

Don't worry, Bill Belichick is a genius. He wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence. I'm sure he has a plan....

This is nothing for Pats fans to fear. Take off your green-colored glasses you fag homer.

Sorry, I was at the doctors.

Genius?  No.  Mankins is a good to very good player. 

Is he worth 10.5 million cap hit?  Probably not. 

Good move for both teams.

Not saying it's a genius move, but Mankins is 32 years old and has lost a step or two over the last couple of seasons. No different than Mangold and D'Brick.  From all camp reports, Josh Kline has been very impressive and is 24 years old. And it's not like Mankins is a LT.

Not sure how an UDFA WR will work out as a NFL TE, guess we'll see.

Not saying it's a genius move, but Mankins is 32 years old and has lost a step or two over the last couple of seasons. No different than Mangold and D'Brick.  From all camp reports, Josh Kline has been very impressive and is 24 years old. And it's not like Mankins is a LT.

Not sure how an UDFA WR will work out as a NFL TE, guess we'll see.

Bet that felt good. 

If Tim Wright can pick up the offense, and develop chemistry with Brady he is a beast waiting to happen, it all depends on his football IQ, the talent is there.

Now we get to hear how Tim Wright is the second coming of Tony Gonzalez just because the Pats picked him up. Anyone else trades for this guy and its a non-story. 

Plus he's a Schiano guy. Belichick has a hard on for Greg Schiano.

Dude had 51 for 580 with only 8 starts 16 games played while playing with J Freeman, and M Glennon, and that douche Schiano coaching.

Kid can flat out play 6'4" 220 physical, and plenty fast.

Like I said if he can pick up what Brady's putting down he is their Hernandez replacement.

Dude had 51 for 580 with only 8 starts 16 games played while playing with J Freeman, and M Glennon, and that douche Schiano coaching.

Kid can flat out play 6'4" 220 physical, and plenty fast.

Like I said if he can pick up what Brady's putting down he is their Hernandez replacement.

Kid is a nice player who was a pleasant surprise for the Bucs last year. But to paraphrase Winston Wolf, let's not start sucking the Pats dicks just yet. They needed to get a player with potential in return as Mankins was a fan favorite. 

This move was not about picking up Wright. It was about getting out from under Mankins contract. 

Belichick needs a GM in the worst, man. They've cost themselves a minimum of two more rings by giving Big Bill the reins.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? THERE IS NO PROOF OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. BELICHICK IS THE SOLE REASON THEY ARE AS COMPETITIVE AS THEY ARE. NO ONE DENIES THIS!

TAKE OFF YOUR GREEN COLORED GLASSES. 

Jeez you Jets fans are all alike. 

Now we get to hear how Tim Wright is the second coming of Tony Gonzalez just because the Pats picked him up. Anyone else trades for this guy and its a non-story.

I understand the whole it's the Pats so everyone slurps their every move, but for me if this guy was traded anywhere that had a great QB, and a history of offensive success say like in Atlanta I would sing the same tune. Like I said in the other post more like a A Hernandez, not Tony G, or Gronk.

Archived