Dimitri Patterson Suspended For Remainder Of Preseason

Maxman

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dimitri patterson

The New York Jets originally suspended Dimitri Patterson indefinitely. Tonight they announced on twitter that Patterson is only suspended for the preseason.

Are the Jets taking a wait and see approach with Patterson? Final roster cuts are due on Saturday, so the Jets could be active participants on the waiver wire. At any rate this is a simple slap on the wrist for a player that went AWOL.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
pxavhgsyXEc

View the full article

Bottom line is this, if there was someone out there that could play as well as Patterson available for a reasonable price we would just cut this guy. No one likes what happened, and Patterson looks terrible in all of this, but we are clearly already short handed at the position and aren't going to go out of our way to hurt the team further. If Jonathon Joseph were available, we would probably love to send him packing, but unless you are the Pats you aren't going to really shake up your roster too much with this little time left before the season to practice.

Bottom line is this, if there was someone out there that could play as well as Patterson available for a reasonable price we would just cut this guy. No one likes what happened, and Patterson looks terrible in all of this, but we are clearly already short handed at the position and aren't going to go out of our way to hurt the team further. If Jonathon Joseph were available, we would probably love to send him packing, but unless you are the Pats you aren't going to really shake up your roster too much with this little time left before the season to practice.

You could say that for everybody on the team. 

just wait fellow Jets fans,

until you get to see Revis in Red white and blue 2x a year.

That will be entertainment. I can throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it. 

hey who knows maybe 3x if the jets get the privilege of playing wild card football. 

the Jets had the greatest cornerback in the game. 

Now they have no cornerbacks at all. 

And most of the fans on message boards seem to think these are unrelated statements. 

The CB situation is very easy to solve, in hindsight. Don't let your amazingly awesome player get away. Pay the man his money. 

To be clear I don't blame Idzik even tho everyone knew McDougle couldn't stay healthy and Patterson is a bum

I blame Woody who for whatever reason took the Revis situation very, very, personal. 

godfather.gif

but hey at least they have cap space. Thank F--k for that. 

That will be entertainment. I can throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it. 

hey who knows maybe 3x if the jets get the privilege of playing wild card football. 

And most of the fans on message boards seem to think these are unrelated statements. 

The CB situation is very easy to solve, in hindsight. Don't let your amazingly awesome player get away. Pay the man his money. 

To be clear I don't blame Idzik even tho everyone knew McDougle couldn't stay healthy and Patterson is a bum

I blame Woody who for whatever reason took the Revis situation very, very, personal. 

godfather.gif

but hey at least they have cap space. Thank F--k for that. 

are you crazy you don't pay CBs  QB money no way not even the  great Revis sorry no way

You ****s are just jealous. His mind frame is in a great place!

Jets' Dimitri Patterson suspended, says AWOL reports 'totally false'
Josh Peter, USA TODAY Sports1:28 p.m. EDT August 25, 2014
1408912156000-XXX-Dimitri-Patterson-New-

(Photo: Associated Press)

799CONNECT 46TWEETLINKEDIN 1COMMENTEMAILMORE

New York Jets cornerback Dimitri Patterson denied reports that he went AWOL over the weekend after temporarily rejoining the team Monday.

"There's no need for concern," Patterson told USA TODAY Sports before practice. "The reports about me going AWOL are totally false. I have my reason for missing those days. I'm not going to go into specifics, but I've discussed those reasons with the people I need to discuss them with. But as far as going AWOL, no, that's totally false."

However later in the afternoon, the Jets suspended Patterson.

The following statement attributed to general manager John Idzik appeared on the team's Twitter account: "[Patterson] will be suspended indefinitely, and that will allow us to gather more information to what led to his behavior."

Patterson, 31, missed the team's game against the New York Giants on Friday, and team officials said the absence was "unexcused." His failure to show up for the game led to speculation he had grown frustrated with recent injuries.

But Patterson, a 10-year veteran, said that's not the case.

"I'm in a great mindset," he said. "I always was in a great mindset, and I always will be, and I love my life. So there's nothing that would cause me just to go AWOL, so those reports are totally false."

He declined to say whom he informed among Jets brass that he would be absent from the game.

"I can't really go into details about that," said Patterson. "But just know that I've been in the league for 10 years, and no one's just going to up and leave and just not tell anybody.

"But what I will say is I discussed those reasons with the people I need to discuss them with, and that's it. And my mind frame is in a great place, always has been and always will be.

"I don't know where this whole AWOL thing came from. And the media's really ... run with it for whatever reason."

Contributing: Lorenzo Reyes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2014/08/25/dimitri-patterson-awol-false-new-york/14568207/

Between this and sitting Braylon for a quarter, this team sure knows how to slap a good wrist.

Walk out on us during preseason? Well **** it, we won't let you have a preseason game to walk out on then!

So much for Idzik running a tight ship, lol... If you're a 5th corner then you can help make up for his bumbling of the draft and cheapskate ways in free agency, so he'll roll out the red carpet for you.

So last year idziot brought us the goodson shoot em up on the side of hwy toasted freak show (with injury history)

This year we get this dimmwitt show (with injury history)

Next year he signs........?

A.  Britney spears during  her bald put on cpl pounds don't know wtf she gonna do next years?

B.  Lodka during his nutty wanna beat up girls years?

C.  Martin Sheen ...any year?

C.  

It's actually worse than that Bit.   after fleecing Tampa for a 1st and 4th the jets could have had Revis back w/o giving up anything.   

The Jets could have had: 

Milliner, Saunders, and Revis (at less $ than he initially wanted) without giving up anything other than letting Revis rehab his knee in Tampa for a year.   

So much for Idzik running a tight ship, lol... If you're a 5th corner then you can help make up for his bumbling of the draft and cheapskate ways in free agency, so he'll roll out the red carpet for you.

The guy could still be cut.

The Chowds had one shut down corner last year and we beat them. They have one shut down corner this year.

It's actually worse than that Bit.   after fleecing Tampa for a 1st and 4th the jets could have had Revis back w/o giving up anything.   

The Jets could have had: 

Milliner, Saunders, and Revis (at less $ than he initially wanted) without giving up anything other than letting Revis rehab his knee in Tampa for a year.   

but what about all the precious precious cap space? 

Winning is great and all but coming in under budget is even better! 

the people who say you don't pay Revis cause he's a corner, neglect to notice that the Jets currently have all sorts of cap space, and no one worth paying. 

Archived