Herm gone by tonight

4HCrew

If the compensation is ONLY a 4th or 5th, the Jets got bamboozled.

Edwards-Gets what he wants

Chiefs-Get what they want.

Jets-Coachless and maybe gain a back-up safety.

I hope the compensation reports are incorrect

That would be a complete embarrassment and the FO should jump infron of an Amtrack train.

WFAN got info from a KC radio station. Supposedly the Jets are sick and tired of Herm asking for an extension and they are negotiating with KC. It will probably be mid round picks (good enough - Id give KC picks to take this humanoid off our hands) and that this is very close to being done, can probably get done by tonight. Mike and the dog compared this to Riley escaping from NY in 95.

We're almost home boys!

GO HERM GO!

Is it me or is Herm coming off as a hypocrite?

How is Herm coming off as a Hypocrite? He is one of the lowest paid coaches in the league. Heimerdinger almost makes as much as him. He has always defended players for doing what is best for them. He is just doing the same for himself.

Football is a cut-throat business they should try to get as much money as they can. Why should he be loyal to the Jets when most people and news outlets have bashed him. I am willing to bet he would stay if the Jets paid him. Hell anyone would leave their jobs for another job where you would be making double the money and not have to deal with as much BS (NY media vs. KC media). I think this is far from being Hypocritical.

We better get a 2nd rd pick.

I have been following everyone's post today hoping for some tidbit, morsel even, of information to make me smile. I don't see how we can be w/o a head coach and only come away with a 4th or a 5th round pick in return. Granted Gruden and those other guys were better coaches and likely warranted a 1st rounder, but this is still our head coach regardless of how much people think he s*cks. To receive anything less than a first day pick for this is bullsh!t and I would let Herm stew in NY under his CURRENT CONTRACT forthe next two years, at least we know we'll be picking high in the first round.

Prediction: If Herm signs an extension, the JetNation.com server crashes tonight.

This will be the scene outside of Hofstra:

koreanriots.jpg

If a change is made JI will crash, JN will crash. The Gang Green will keep chugging along.

Turns out they are more reliable after all!

If the compensation is ONLY a 4th or 5th, the Jets got bamboozled.

Edwards-Gets what he wants

Chiefs-Get what they want.

Jets-Coachless and maybe gain a back-up safety.

I hope the compensation reports are incorrect

Bamboozled?

Trading Herm for a 4th and 5th rounder is like trading Derek Pagel for the Texans' first rounder. Herm should have been fired anyway, but now, we get picks for getting rid of him?! I'm sure the Rams, Packers, Texans, Saints, Raiders, and Vikings envy the hell out of the Jets right now.

Bamboozled?

Trading Herm for a 4th and 5th rounder is like trading Derek Pagel for the Texans' first rounder. Herm should have been fired anyway, but now, we get picks for getting rid of him?! I'm sure the Rams, Packers, Texans, Saints, Raiders, and Vikings envy the hell out of the Jets right now.

thats right,,,

cant get greedy when u have a chance to flush a turd and have no smell left behind

Bamboozled?

Why? They were firing their HC's...we weren't. We were going to keep him around untill he wanted more money. They Jets are getting used in this deal regardless of what we get in return. We hold all the card yet are letting the KC call the shots.What kinda sense does that make?

Why? They were firing their HC's...we weren't. We were going to keep him around untill he wanted more money. They Jets are getting used in this deal regardless of what we get in return. We hold all the card yet are letting the KC call the shots.What kinda sense does that make?

damn, be happy,, u gonna be the tool who keeps askin for a few dollars more for that broken down lawn mower and finally have the proposed buyer say 'screw u",,,

dont chance losin the turd,,, rejoice ,,,we are turd free, free at last

If someone offers you a million dollars to sleep with Jenna Jameson, you don't say "Better make it two million".

Smizzy, I think I get what you're saying...

If KC had already contacted Edwards over this PRIOR to this morning & we could prove it (say to the point that Dick Vermiel kept touting someone else to take his position while an owner couldn't keep his mouth shut over getting this coach...) Then we would have to go to arbitration in order to get KC's #1 pick in this years draft.

Still - if the second part of the rumor is true & Donnie Henderson is a part of the deal - WE HAVE TO BE COMPENSATED WITH THEIR #1 PICK! His move to Assistant Head Coach/DC would be a latteral - He's ours right now!

Besides, Rumors have been flying from the KC Sun Sentinel that KC is giving us a 2-3 & not a 4-5...

lets just wait to see what happens...

Guys, How the hell can Henderson be a part of the deal?

Doesn't the NFL prohibit lateral moves for coordinators? I believe that the catch would be to hire him and elevate Donnie to Assistant Head coach, which is what Washington did with Gregg Williams, but Hendu already has that title, doesn't he?

Willams was fired from Buffalo, then latched on with the Skins and immediately given the title of Asst, to discourage other teams from coming after him.

Even if this is true, who's to say that Henderson would want this?

Hell, if I were Henderson, why would I want to ride Herm's coattails, when I have more coaching experience, and teams have an interest in me(i.e New Orleans)?

I don't buy it. Henderson is gone.

damn, be happy,, u gonna be the tool who keeps askin for a few dollars more for that broken down lawn mower and finally have the proposed buyer say 'screw u",,,

dont chance losin the turd,,, rejoice ,,,we are turd free, free at last

I hear you but Im looking at this from the Jets standpoint. They get screwed over every yr in deals and the free agent market. Why not take this opportunity to screw someone else for once?

the Chiefs are so hard up for edwards they should be willing to make the deal so sweet we can't say no. That is the angle id push.

How is Herm coming off as a Hypocrite? He is one of the lowest paid coaches in the league.

As of this morning he had a 2-year contract through 2007, which he signed and agreed to after 6-10 in 2003. Johnson gave that to him. This POS didn't want to honor that contract. Try that at work tommorrow, or with your broker or when you buy or sell your home; see where it gets you in almost anything you do. He is a dishonorable carpretbagging liar.Though we knew it already. Ask Lamont Jordan. Good riddance.

Archived