WR Terrance Williams - 85th

TE Jordan Cameron - 96th

RB LeGarrette Blount - 105th

TE Zach Ertz - 116th

RB Lamar Miller - 125th

D/ST Rams - 136th

QB Jay Cutler - 145th

K Dan Bailey - 156th

Those are some crazy rules. Can't believe you got Gio, Vereen and Sproles as late as you did. I guess people were focused on getting their 2 QB's?

Custom rules, scoring on steroids. My design.

Yeah, everyone was going for QBs early. My RBs were all steals really. Getting offers that should land me another top 10 WR by week 3.

Here's mine for a 10-team standard money league (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE and Flex):

WR Calvin Johnson - 5th overall

QB Drew Brees - 16th

RB Gio Bernard - 25th

RB Andre Ellington - 36th

WR Michael Crabtree - 45th

RB Joique Bell - 56th

WR Michael Floyd - 65th

WR Kendall Wright - 76th

WR Terrance Williams - 85th

TE Jordan Cameron - 96th

RB LeGarrette Blount - 105th

TE Zach Ertz - 116th

RB Lamar Miller - 125th

D/ST Rams - 136th

QB Jay Cutler - 145th

K Dan Bailey - 156th

Light at RB. You should be sble to sell high on cutler or a WR to improve RB, by 1st quarter of season.

Love the Michael Floyd pick. I think he "arrives" this year

Light at RB. You should be sble to sell high on cutler or a WR to improve RB, by 1st quarter of season.

Love the Michael Floyd pick. I think he "arrives" this year

Yep, I knew I'd end up light at RB when I pulled the trigger on Calvin.  But it was worth it.  It was either him or Charles at 5 and I just can't trust Jamaal.  They lost key guard Asamoah and he's a bigger injury risk than some of the other top RB's.  Not to mention I've been burned on too many RB's in the 1st round in this league and wanted to go with a safer pick.  I compounded my RB problems by taking Brees at 16 with Montee Ball on the board, but I liked the advantage of having a top QB every week over the usual Romo/Cutler type I've been getting as my starting QB in drafts.

Gio and Ellington are a duo I really like, however.  They both have Week 4 byes which works out in my mind; I'm willing to "punt" that week and in exchange get them both together every other week.  Pass-catching RB's always get underrated in non-PPR leagues.  I'm expecting big things from at least one of them.  Hopefully I can supplement my RB group with a waiver pickup early in the season. 

I think I will take Carlos Hyde in every draft this year. It's like drafting Larry Johnson when he was stuck behind aging priest Holmes. Too much jackpot potential to resist.

Yep.  He's definitely one of those "If he gets a shot he'll pop" types.  Unfortunately other teams in my money leagues scooped him up before I was willing to get him.

Yep, I knew I'd end up light at RB when I pulled the trigger on Calvin.  But it was worth it.  It was either him or Charles at 5 and I just can't trust Jamaal.  They lost key guard Asamoah and he's a bigger injury risk than some of the other top RB's.  Not to mention I've been burned on too many RB's in the 1st round in this league and wanted to go with a safer pick.  I compounded my RB problems by taking Brees at 16 with Montee Ball on the board, but I liked the advantage of having a top QB every week over the usual Romo/Cutler type I've been getting as my starting QB in drafts.

Gio and Ellington are a duo I really like, however.  They both have Week 4 byes which works out in my mind; I'm willing to "punt" that week and in exchange get them both together every other week.  Pass-catching RB's always get underrated in non-PPR leagues.  I'm expecting big things from at least one of them.  Hopefully I can supplement my RB group with a waiver pickup early in the season. 

10 team league I'm not touching a QB until much later. I would have taken Ball, then Brady in the 5th or something like that. Or Rivers in the 7th.

10 team league I'm not touching a QB until much later. I would have taken Ball, then Brady in the 5th or something like that. Or Rivers in the 7th.

I can't in good conscience draft Tom Brady.  Even if it would have been a stellar pick in the middle rounds.  If I'm not getting Peyton/Brees/Rodgers I'm usually ending up with Romo.  Kaep typically goes earlier than I'm willing to take him as well.

14 Team PPR league - Pick #14

SAME REX MARRIAGE

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Ryan Matthews

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Emanuel Sanders

TE - Jimmy Graham

Flex - Darren Sproles/Tavon Austin/DeAndre Hopkins

D - Bengals

K - Nick Folk

Bench

Roy Helu

Jace Amaro

Jets D

Tim Wright

Jordan Todman

SAME REX MARRIAGE

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Ryan Matthews

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Emanuel Sanders

TE - Jimmy Graham

D - Bengals

K - Nick Folk

Bench

Roy Helu

Jace Amaro

Jets D

Tim Wright

Jordan Todman

Dang, Graham made it to you at the end of the 1st?  AND you got Julio and Sanders?  Impressive.

SAME REX MARRIAGE

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Ryan Matthews

RB - Chris Johnson

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Emanuel Sanders

TE - Jimmy Graham

D - Bengals

K - Nick Folk

Bench

Roy Helu

Jace Amaro

Jets D

Tim Wright

Jordan Todman

Nice draft, a little heavy on Jets. I would have loved seeing who you left on the board taking guys like Amaro and the Jets D.

Sproles, Hopkins are going to be huge value picks for you regardless of where you took them. I just see both guys becoming every week starters in PPR leagues this year.

Nice draft, a little heavy on Jets. I would have loved seeing who you left on the board taking guys like Amaro and the Jets D.

Sproles, Hopkins are going to be huge value picks for you regardless of where you took them. I just see both guys becoming every week starters in PPR leagues this year.

Those were my 13th and 14th round picks. In a 14-team league, the pickings were slim at that point. 

Those were my 13th and 14th round picks. In a 14-team league, the pickings were slim at that point. 

That's extremely late. Great value. 

People are all slobbering over guys like Justin Hunter as sleepers (thanks to ESPN). Not to imply Hunter can't blow up, but now he's being over-drafted. Meanwhile, Deandre Hopkins is sliding to the end of drafts.

As for Sproles, in a PPR he is great value. Should have been taken much sooner. There is NOBODY else in that Philly lineup to spell McCoy. Sproles is going to get touches.

That's extremely late. Great value. 

People are all slobbering over guys like Justin Hunter as sleepers (thanks to ESPN). Not to imply Hunter can't blow up, but now he's being over-drafted. Meanwhile, Deandre Hopkins is sliding to the end of drafts.

As for Sproles, in a PPR he is great value. Should have been taken much sooner. There is NOBODY else in that Philly lineup to spell McCoy. Sproles is going to get touches.

I think you misunderstood, I got Amaro and the Jets D in the 13th and 14th rounds. 

Hopkins and Sproles were like rounds 9 and 11.

Okay, my big money draft was this past weekend...

12th pick in a 12 team draft. This one has a QB/RB/WR/TE flex spot and a RB/WR/TE flex spot... and keepers:

1. Montee Ball

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Vincent Jackson

4. Tom Brady

5. Torrey Smith

6. Andy Dalton

7. Ben Tate (Keeper)

8. Sammy Watkins*

9. Dennis Pitta*

10. Terrance Williams

11. Anquan Boldin

12. Markus Wheaton** (Keeper) = traded for Christine Michael

13. James White**

14. Aaron Dobson**

15. Geno**

16. Hauscha**

17. Texans D**

Lineup:

Brady

Dalton

Lynch

Ball

Tate

VJax

Torrey

Pitta

Hauscha

Texans

Keeper situation:

* players that I can keep in 7th round next year

** players that I can keep in 12th round next year, and 7th round the year after

If you understand the keeper format, which is odd, then you get why I drafted certain guys much higher than their ADP.

Okay, my big money draft was this past weekend...

12th pick in a 12 team draft. This one has a QB/RB/WR/TE flex spot and a RB/WR/TE flex spot... and keepers:

1. Montee Ball

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Vincent Jackson

4. Tom Brady

5. Torrey Smith

6. Andy Dalton

7. Ben Tate (Keeper)

8. Sammy Watkins*

9. Dennis Pitta*

10. Terrance Williams

11. Anquan Boldin

12. Markus Wheaton** (Keeper) = traded for Christine Michael

13. James White**

14. Aaron Dobson**

15. Geno**

16. Hauscha**

17. Texans D**

Lineup:

Brady

Dalton

Lynch

Ball

Tate

VJax

Torrey

Pitta

Hauscha

Texans

Keeper situation:

* players that I can keep in 7th round next year

** players that I can keep in 12th round next year, and 7th round the year after

If you understand the keeper format, which is odd, then you get why I drafted certain guys much higher than their ADP.

Nice.  Sucks that you were forced to take Dalton so early because of the format.  I need to do a keeper league one of these days.

Nice.  Sucks that you were forced to take Dalton so early because of the format.  I need to do a keeper league one of these days.

I was happy to take him there, so I wouldn't have to take a QB in that 8 -11 round span. I want RB/TE/WR there for guys that help me win this year, but next year too. I don't mind taking a late QB keeper, like Geno. I'm really expecting James White or Aaron Dobson to be great keepers next year though.

Got a 12-team money league draft tonight with 1 IDP player instead of a Team D/ST.  Scoring for the IDP guy gives you 1 pt for a tackle, 0.5 pts for a solo tackle, so I see no reason to take anything but a tackle machine LB with that IDP selection.  These are my target players.  Anyone else I should consider?

Kuechly

Posluszny

Burfict

Lavonte David

D'Qwell Jackson

Derrick Johnson

Bobby Wagner

Karlos Dansby

Got a 12-team money league draft tonight with 1 IDP player instead of a Team D/ST.  Scoring for the IDP guy gives you 1 pt for a tackle, 0.5 pts for a solo tackle, so I see no reason to take anything but a tackle machine LB with that IDP selection.  These are my target players.  Anyone else I should consider?

Kuechly

Posluszny

Burfict

Lavonte David

D'Qwell Jackson

Derrick Johnson

Bobby Wagner

Karlos Dansby

I did IDP over a decade ago. I used to always take Pat Tillman, because the Cards front-7 sucked so he made all the tackles.

12 team Standard (no money) snake draft (5th pick)

1. Jamaal Charles
  2. Brandon Marshall
  3. Rob Gronkowski
  4. Ryan Matthews
  5. Nick Foles
  6. Julian Edelman
  7. Emmanuel Sanders
  8. Tom Brady
  9. Fred Jackson
  10. Bengals D/ST
  11. Nick Novak
  12. Martellus Bennett
  13. Mike Evans (dropped for Kelvin Benjamin)
  14. Steelers D/ST (dropped for Josh Gordon)

Opinions?

1. Jamaal Charles
  2. Brandon Marshall
  3. Rob Gronkowski
  4. Ryan Matthews
  5. Nick Foles
  6. Julian Edelman
  7. Emmanuel Sanders
  8. Tom Brady
  9. Fred Jackson
  10. Bengals D/ST
  11. Nick Novak
  12. Martellus Bennett

Opinions?

Not bad.  I avoided Charles in all my leagues though.  I think he's more prone to injury than some of the other top flight RB's because of his body type, and KC had some OL concerns coming in.  His Week 1 performance did nothing to dissuade me from that point of view. 

Then again I picked Tennessee to win Week 1, I think they're a playoff team this year with an underrated defense and Ken Whisenhunt running the offense (see how Rivers did without him this week?  Yeah.....).  Charles will have much better days, and he's one of the few RB's out there who's shown that he can win you a week on his own.

Love that you got Marshall and then Sanders in the 7th, that's a solid duo.  But you better be active on the waiver wire for RB's.  If Charles gets hurt and WHEN Mathews gets hurt, you're screwed.  At least its not for money.  :)

1. Jamaal Charles
  2. Brandon Marshall
  3. Rob Gronkowski
  4. Ryan Matthews
  5. Nick Foles
  6. Julian Edelman
  7. Emmanuel Sanders
  8. Tom Brady
  9. Fred Jackson
  10. Bengals D/ST
  11. Nick Novak
  12. Martellus Bennett

Opinions?

I like this draft a lot. I like the 2 drops/adds for Gordon and Benjamin even more.

You are going to be loaded at WR soon, starting shopping for another RB1. Eddie Lacy might be a decent buy low.

Not bad.  I avoided Charles in all my leagues though.  I think he's more prone to injury than some of the other top flight RB's because of his body type, and KC had some OL concerns coming in.  His Week 1 performance did nothing to dissuade me from that point of view. 

Then again I picked Tennessee to win Week 1, I think they're a playoff team this year with an underrated defense and Ken Whisenhunt running the offense (see how Rivers did without him this week?  Yeah.....).  Charles will have much better days, and he's one of the few RB's out there who's shown that he can win you a week on his own.

Love that you got Marshall and then Sanders in the 7th, that's a solid duo.  But you better be active on the waiver wire for RB's.  If Charles gets hurt and WHEN Mathews gets hurt, you're screwed.  At least its not for money.  :)

How many WRs do you start in a standard league?

He's got Marshall, Edelman, Sanders, Benjamin and Gordon (eventually). He should be able to deal away a WR or combine a WR+RB for a better RB. It's a pretty solvable problem.

How many WRs do you start in a standard league?

He's got Marshall, Edelman, Sanders, Benjamin and Gordon (eventually). He should be able to deal away a WR or combine a WR+RB for a better RB. It's a pretty solvable problem.

Theoretically yeah, but I never like the idea of leaving a draft with only 3 RB's.  Problem is it seems like everyone is loaded at WR this year unless you're in a 12 or 14-team league.  So you'll have to pay a premium for RB's.  If you don't get them in the draft you'll always be chasing after them later.

Leagues I'm in generally use 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a flex spot for RB/WR/TE.  In 1 Yahoo money league I'm in they're use 3WR with no flex.

I like this draft a lot. I like the 2 drops/adds for Gordon and Benjamin even more.

You are going to be loaded at WR soon, starting shopping for another RB1. Eddie Lacy might be a decent buy low.

Pierre Thomas is a nice RB2 he can consider too, who shouldn't require much to get.  He is/will be getting all the RB receptions that went to Sproles last year.  I had thought he'd split that role with Cooks but it seems like they're using Cooks downfield a bit thus far rather than in that "space guy" role.

Archived