Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* *** ** *** ** ****** ********** ******* scout.com ** ****** ** ****** ****. * *** ****** ** **** ********* buzzsaw **** **** ******** **** ******* * **** laveranues coles *** ***** **** * *****. ***** *** ****** ****** * *** ********* ***** ******** ******** ******** ****** ****** *** (**** *** *** ***** *** **** *** ;) ) ********* ** ***** ** * **** *** ** ***** ** ** *** ***, **** ***** ****** **** ***** censorship ***** ****, **** *** ****** ***** ** ****. ****. *** ***, ****** *** ****** ** * ***** ***** * *** **** *** **** laveranues coles * *****!!

:censored2: 

I had to lol at people complaining because scout.com is going to censor them. I was banned by that assclown buzzsaw from that sh*thole site because I said laveranues coles was acting like a pussy. after the second exodus I was contacted their infamous mentally unstable poster turned mod ( i'll let you guess who that was ) offering to unban me. I told him to shove it up his ass. that place sucked with their censorship bvack then, now its really going to suck. lmao. hey max, thanks for giving me a place where I can come and call laveranues coles a pussy!!

I know you are kidding but there is actually no database conversion. That is what they told me anyway. I posted it earlier but I asked the head of technology and they said they don't have anything in place to convert old data (posts) to the new forum software. Thanks for posting here all these years. Your posts are now gone. Well technically they are in an archive forum, but good luck fishing them out.

They are trying to build a SB Nation kind of thing. You get rewarded for going on other sites in the network.

I wonder what happens after a year or two or however long the deal is for and a site decides not to stick around, or if scout tears up the contract for some breach, is there a way to export all those posts and take them when you leave??

Not true Tex many missed you over there.. As long as the definition of many is me and 1 Mod who I promised I wouldn't reveal his name.. :winking0001:

Nah, I'm more hated over there than appreciated with my vast knowledge of football and keen sense of humor.

Congrats on a milestone BDay, and to this day, your Covette story was the best I ever heard when the Jets won it all!

Second place goes to 13 for actually being there.

scout sucks, that's where i started talking about the Jets in 2004... Used to be homer central, and very strict with the rules.

The fact the larger site is getting merged with the smaller ones, and post histories are being lost is a really stupid idea..

Did Sooth sell? Maybe not so stupid for him then

It's a two prong approach to growing their site, they are buying users and content and at the same time removing a major competitor in the fan site space of a major market team.

The way to really make this work would be for scout make an aggressive move to buy tgg and jn, leaving posters with no real choice to go anywhere else.

Hell yeah.  I will make a list of the JI posters I miss and will welcome with open arms.  OK fine Im fat and lazy so i will just put a couple down and everyone else finish.

Raoul Duke cause he sucks so well

Warfish because he is a very sexy man

Green32 because he is funny as hell

Fishhook because he likes to poop alot

Freestater because he reminds me of America

The dude from florida that knows alot about football but his name escapes me

Other than PaulieC who changed his name to Whitezinfadel or something i will welcome every one who comes.

RD was funny

Fish is a great poster.

32 was one of my all-time favorites because everything he posted went over 90% of of the board.

Free is one of the biggest D-bags going.

The dude from Florida must be DWC.

PaulieC just graduated from college at age 35 with a Liberal Arts degree (2.1 GPA) and still lives with his mom and dad.

RD was funny

Fish is a great poster.

32 was one of my all-time favorites because everything he posted went over 90% of of the board.

PaulieC just graduated from college at age 35 with a Liberal Arts degree (2.1 GPA) and still lives with his mom and dad.

Paulie is a hermaphrodite.

RD was funny

Fish is a great poster.

You went off the grid for quite a while.

It's good to see you.

Your assessment is pretty spot on, btw.

Ive never been a fan of the Scout format. Maybe that changes now and I know they are very aggresively going after different sites. I kind of feel like many of the sites lose their character and charm once they take on the cookie cutter look and approach of the main parent group. But there is a lot more power in numbers fr these conglomerates when it comes to ad rates and everything. All the companies seem to be getting into it doing their best to maximize ad impressions by having these huge platforms across multiple sports. 

Hopefully for the posters at JI it works out well. My guess is that most of the people who post there will go elsewhere for a more personal touch. But I dont think you can begrudge someone for doing it. Building and maintaining these sites is time consuming and costs a bunch of money. If you can get something for it and want to move on thats great as long as you dont really try and sell the people who helped you get that opportunity a bill of goods to get them to buy things they have no real use for. 

Ive never been a fan of the Scout format. Maybe that changes now and I know they are very aggresively going after different sites. I kind of feel like many of the sites lose their character and charm once they take on the cookie cutter look and approach of the main parent group. But there is a lot more power in numbers fr these conglomerates when it comes to ad rates and everything. All the companies seem to be getting into it doing their best to maximize ad impressions by having these huge platforms across multiple sports.

Hopefully for the posters at JI it works out well. My guess is that most of the people who post there will go elsewhere for a more personal touch. But I dont think you can begrudge someone for doing it. Building and maintaining these sites is time consuming and costs a bunch of money. If you can get something for it and want to move on thats great as long as you dont really try and sell the people who helped you get that opportunity a bill of goods to get them to buy things they have no real use for.

Jason

When I met with them your name and your site came up. They asked some questions about you. Not sure if they ever called. If not they nay soon.

I am being serious.

Good... It pissed me off with the Jet/Fins lately with the games being between Christmas and New Years here the usual crowd don't come down..

It was in September in 2012. I'll be there this year well celebrate b day 70 ;)

I would feel just awesome if our website owner sold my email and IP addresses to some corporation. I'm sure thousands of JI posters feel this way.

Let's see...25-45 American males. Get ready JI posters for a plethora of spam for Fox's various networks, the Wall Street Journal, dick pills, hair replacement therapies, weight loss wonder supplements. auto products, and Russian/Aisan dating opportunitiies.

It's a two prong approach to growing their site, they are buying users and content and at the same time removing a major competitor in the fan site space of a major market team.

The way to really make this work would be for scout make an aggressive move to buy tgg and jn, leaving posters with no real choice to go anywhere else.

Oh , i get it. But they'll lose a lot of posters by not integrating properly. Would be much smarter of them to spend the extra money and transfer the database

Oh , i get it. But they'll lose a lot of posters by not integrating properly. Would be much smarter of them to spend the extra money and transfer the database

Juice has to be worth the squeeze. How many posters do you think Max would you actually lose if people lost their rep on a merger like this? Might lose a few, but I doubt enough to justify that one.

Archived