Patterson says AWOL allegations are false per CBS NY

AFJF

I still think the dude has depression/anxiety issues and he had a panic attack or paranoia incident. .otherwise he would be dumbest asswipe in history of NFL

No matter what, is he a guy you think anyone wants to jump into a foxhole with?   Whatever anxiety disorder he may or may not have, if he cannot suck it up he should not be on the team.  

If Brian Costello is accurately reporting Patteron's badmouthing Rex Ryan and Idzik, Patterson will never wear a Jets' uniform again. Even with the lack of depthy at corner, you cannot have a player calling your coach and GM liars. And if anyone is being dishonest it's Patterson. Suspect the only issue left is the jets trying to recoup his signing bonus.

I have no idea why you guys all seem to think he has to go, as if anything that has been said since the initial AWOL makes it worse. We still do not know the reason, but it appears that he left and had his agent contact the team. His absence was not excused, so he was fined and AWOL, but the fact that his rep contacted the team is in his favor IMO. He may "have to go" but nothing that has come out has been worse than the initial story.

He went against the family.

As for the rest of you post, that is how I see it.  Rex seems extremely loyal and if guys are "his guys" they might be able to get away with murder.  OTOH, I think there are plenty of guys that do not like the way he rides them or treats them.  Patterson looked legit upset to me on the sideline in the Colts game and I think Rex was playing him to punish him.  Earlier in camp Ryan had made some comments about Patterson saving himself and how he had to go hard every practice.  I'm pretty sure from those remarks that Patterson is not a "Rex guy" and I doubt Rex is cutting him any extra slack beyond if he thinks the guy can help the team win on the field. 

Rex wanted Revis and instead got this turd and 20M of unused cap space.    it shouldn't be a mystery why he isn't one of rex's guys - that and he sucks.  

Archived