NFL announces new domestic abuse poicy

AFJF

Ray Rice got lucky I guess. So that does that mean if he does it again he's kicked out of football?

Tough to say, I'm sure if the league tried to do that there'd be a lawyer somewhere saying that the first offense occurred before there was a policy in place. 

What constitutes domestic violence? A claim? An arrest?

Hernandez isn't even banned for life.

I am sure spelled out in weeds of NFL contract players sign. Not a argument where wife calla and claims 'he hit me' w/no evidence witnesses, thats for sure, I guarantee you. Also, remember, these guys will also have best Lawyers in land to appeal if needed.

I gotta' give Goodell credit to double back and admit he was wrong, because he was.  We live in a society where every story eventually goes away.  He could have waited for his screw-up in this case to do the same, but he (finally) admitted he was wrong.

I gotta' give Goodell credit to double back and admit he was wrong, because he was. We live in a society where every story eventually goes away. He could have waited for his screw-up in this case to do the same, but he (finally) admitted he was wrong.

Rice should have gotten at least 4 games IMO. But this new policy is so reactionary it's silly.

If the NFL wants to be the judge, jury and executioner they need to treat these types of incidents and penalties individually. A sweeping lifetime ban for domestic disputes is crazy...not to mention the extortion possibility.

All this does is make domestic abuse go more unreported. It seems far too reactionary. A DUI is a DUI. Each domestic abuse case is not equal and cannot be treated as such. Not sure I like this move.

Exactly. Rice happened to be on tape. Too many he said/she said possibilities here. Look at Raymond Felton...we still have no idea what went down there other than his marriage.

Fighting fire with fire

I'm not the one arguing like a 4 year old. At least come with something relevant other than the silly "you must be in favor if beating women" crap. Unless that's just how you argue because you don't have anything other to bring to the table I don't know.

I'm not the one arguing like a 4 year old. At least come with something relevant other than the silly "you must be in favor if beating women" crap. Unless that's just how you argue because you don't have anything other to bring to the table I don't know.

Didn't say that. And your argument is as reactionary as you claim goodell's to be. There's really no point in attempting a real discussion on DV with you, so amusing myself and others will have to do.

Didn't say that. And your argument is as reactionary as you claim goodell's to be. There's really no point in attempting a real discussion on DV with you, so amusing myself and others will have to do.

Zero point in discussing with you either then. We'll call it even.

Just wait until someone says Rice's "indiscretion" shouldn't even count as domestic violence since they weren't at home.

Oops.

And who is to say what violence really is? Aren't people violent in nature? If so, should we ban all people from football? Or even society itself? Where does all of this end? Really?

Archived