Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sperm Edwards

Who here wears a trilby?

22 posts in this topic

In case you know what they are, but not by name, they're the tiny-brimmed hats that have been in for the past whatever number of years.

trilby-hat-paul-smith.jpg

This has to be the queerest thing this side of Tom Brady at Carnival.

I totally do not get this. Granted, I don't get a lot of fashion, but that little brim is like hat glans. I'm not talking about girls wearing them. A hot girl could be totally off the charts sexy wearing one of my father's torn, baggy tighty-whities before Mom used to turn them into dust rags. I mean guys not named Frank Sinatra. 

Do you wear one of these? Do you have a whole collection of them in different colors or materials? 

Why?

actually my wife does, LOL

For guys, its a Gay thing isnt it? I know the gay guy from White Collar on TV always wears one. Not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Edited by SouthernJet

Here's the kind of guy who wears that hat:

theleague_andre_image.jpg

Crap, you beat me to it!!!

The-League-forager-prejudice.jpg

the_league_12836302721594.jpg

Yes, I thought of Andre. But in real life, Andre notwithstanding...

Anyone care to defend the style?

My friends dragged me to some music festival over here.  While I ate lobster rolls and drank whatever strange potion Sadie had mixed with spiked iced tea, I listened to the girl in front of us talk about these hats.  She said "I want to get Bob one.  They are so cute, but every guy that I see wearing one looks like a douchebag."  Cue a guy walking by wearing one and she points and shouts "See?  Douchebag!"

My friends dragged me to some music festival over here.  While I ate lobster rolls and drank whatever strange potion Sadie had mixed with spiked iced tea, I listened to the girl in front of us talk about these hats.  She said "I want to get Bob one.  They are so cute, but every guy that I see wearing one looks like a douchebag."  Cue a guy walking by wearing one and she points and shouts "See?  Douchebag!"

fedora+04.jpg

They don't look all that bad on bass players.

They don't look all that bad on bass players.

I take it you're a bass player?

I take it you're a bass player?

Sometimes, but I have such a spectacular head of hair that I never wear a hat. I know a couple guys, though, who won't gig without one. They're probably pretty sharp on sax players, too. :)

The wife calls them Birth Control Hats.

Show me a man in that hat, and I'll show you a man with an awesome train set in his basement.

If you're going to wear an old-timey hat then old-timey hat rules should apply. That means never wearing your hat indoors. So if you see a douche wearing one indoors it is rude not to punch it right off his stupid head.

I confused a Tribble from Star Trek with this.  I think Tribbles look better to be honest.

Anyone wearing one of these is an IDIOT.

Mods, please ban them. 

Unless Idzick starts wearing one, then it will be cool.