Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Derek Carr to start at QB for the Raiders: MERGED

139 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9349/derek-carr

ESPN Raiders reporter Bill Williamson predicts Derek Carr will start the Week 1 opener against the Jets.

Coach Dennis Allen had previously been married to Matt Schaub as his Week 1 starter. But following Carr's impressive preseason finale against the Seahawks, Allen was less committed to Schaub, saying he'll have to see where Schaub (elbow, day-to-day) is at health-wise. Carr has a big arm and would give the Raiders' receivers a boost. He and Denarius Moors hooked up for two touchdowns Thursday. Carr gives the Raiders their best chance to win games.

Posted · Report post

Isn't Rex undefeated or close to in his career of coaching against rookie QBs? I remember when Luck was a rookie we killed the Colts, and that was the year we went 6-10

Posted · Report post

Good chance he's out for the season week 1 after Mo and Sheldon curb stomp him

Posted · Report post

Rex will destroy him, but Carr went down the field against Seattle's first-string defense last night for a TD, then threw two more TDs. If Bruce Allen is smart, he'll put Carr in shotgun and let him keep throwing it over the top. That's their one real shot at winning.

Posted · Report post

Ok that was probably going to happen soon anyway for them- Rex is at his best with pressure on rookie QB's

Posted · Report post

Rex will destroy him, but Carr went down the field against Seattle's first-string defense last night for a TD, then threw two more TDs. If Bruce Allen is smart, he'll put Carr in shotgun and let him keep throwing it over the top. That's their one real shot at winning.

Seattle played their first stringers last night?

Posted · Report post

The Carr family QB brand can't handle a pass rush. Rex will do everything he can to give him PTSD in his first pro start.

Posted · Report post

I'm just going to say this right now...

If true, this is the most important game in Jets history.

I'm not kidding, it's the most important.

Why, you ask?

Because the posts from Shane that would follow an Oakland victory led by Derek Carr would be something that I don't believe this site has ever seen before. Nay, the world. Maybe even the universe. It would be awful. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Posted · Report post

Seattle played their first stringers last night?

For like one possession. 

Posted · Report post

Why, you ask?

Because the posts from Shane that would follow an Oakland victory led by Derek Carr would be something that I don't believe this site has ever seen before. Nay, the world. Maybe even the universe. It would be awful. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

This is a legitimate concern. It would be nice if Calvin Pryor knocked him out of the game.

Posted · Report post

Why, you ask?

Legit lol'd really hard.

Posted · Report post

This is a legitimate concern. It would be nice if Calvin Pryor knocked him out of the game.

Shane or Carr?

Posted · Report post

He's a Carr. I'm not worried. 

Posted · Report post

Shane or Carr?

Valid question!

Posted · Report post

Tom Shane being right on a subject - what are the odds in Las Vegas on that?

Posted · Report post

Carr may have scored on Seattle's 1st stringers but isn't it standard pre-season procedure to not game plan, especially for the 4th game? Had Seattle been studying him, and planning for him I doubt he would have found it so easy to score. He may end up being better than Schaub right now, but I think I'd rather face the rookie qb, on the road, week 1, facing one of the best pass rushes in the league; our players will get their hits in.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Carr may have scored on Seattle's 1st stringers but isn't it standard pre-season procedure to not game plan, especially for the 4th game? Had Seattle been studying him, and planning for him I doubt he would have found it so easy to score. He may end up being better than Schaub right now, but I think I'd rather face the rookie qb, on the road, week 1, facing one of the best pass rushes in the league; our players will get their hits in.

Personally, I think we're gonna see Shaub but Allen is trying some gamesmanship to keep the Jets guessing and needing to gameplan for both - as if they weren't planning on doing that anyway. 

Edited by Klecko73isGod

Posted · Report post

I couldn't have picked a better game to go to.  We are going to destroy.

Posted · Report post

The Carr family QB brand can't handle a pass rush. Rex will do everything he can to give him PTSD in his first pro start.

with walls and lankster starting at CB I'd like to see Rex adjust and not leave those 2 on islands the entire game.   Don't give up the big play and force Carr / Raiders move the ball all the way down the field.  

Posted · Report post

Carr is going to shred.  Jets will still manage to win the game.

Posted · Report post

Rex is usually at getting better of rookie QB's. Even highly touted ones like Luck.

Posted · Report post

The San Francisco Chronicle's Vic Tafur believes there's a 100 percent chance Derek Carr is the Raiders' starting quarterback Week 1 against the Jets.

All signs have been pointing to this since Carr torched the Seahawks in last night's preseason finale. Coach Dennis Allen, who had previously been adamant that Matt Schaub would start the opener, became more wishy-washy with his comments Thursday night. It's led beat writers to believe Carr is going to get the nod two Sundays from now in the Meadowlands. Schaub's arm is shot, while Carr's is cocked and loaded with big-time talent. In three preseason games, Carr was 33-of-45 passing for 326 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception.

Posted · Report post

Rather carr then schaub. Good news for the NYJ if true

Posted · Report post

Watch them put Carr in for the first down, run it, and then switch to Schaub.

Posted · Report post

Listening to Jay Mohr sports, some Oakland beat writer said its going to be Schaub because Carr has elbow soreness.