Derek Carr to start at QB for the Raiders: MERGED

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well first of all they aren't going to play with 6 cornerbacks. do you really think that continually going 4-wide is going to be good for Derek carr's health? this is, arguably, the best d-line in the league. carr would take a tremendous beating

The jets have one of the best Dline against the run( tough run defense) but they aren't close to having the best Dline.( they have to improve getting to the Qb consistently , in order to be consider that. if Raiders go four wide and really spread that defense out. No I wouldn't be worry about Derek Carr health. they would still be able to run it and that's a tough matchup Raiders Rb's against Jet Cb's or safeties(Raiders Oline designed to run block). not to mention when that defense really spread out . a lot harder to hide coverages, and Carr can easily pick out where he has the most favorable matchup. ( three step and it's out) Carr has great anticipation. For example against Seattle the Wr wasn't even out of his break, and the ball was already In the air.(wasn't anything a Cb could do)

The jets have one of the best Dline against the run( tough run defense) but they aren't close to having the best Dline.( they have to improve getting to the Qb consistently , in order to be consider that. if Raiders go four wide and really spread that defense out. No I wouldn't be worry about Derek Carr health. they would still be able to run it and that's a tough matchup Raiders Rb's against Jet Cb's or safeties(Raiders Oline designed to run block). not to mention when that defense really spread out . a lot harder to hide coverages, and Carr can easily pick out where he has the most favorable matchup. ( three step and it's out) Carr has great anticipation. For example against Seattle the Wr wasn't even out of his break, and the ball was already In the air.(wasn't anything a Cb could do)

until proven otherwise.....I am not worried too much about anyone running the ball on the jets. on your other points, yes the jets do have one of the best d-lines in the game, and....you are making it out like carr is the second coming of joe montana based on one series against the seahawks in the 4th preseason game and a back shoulder pass. I mean seriously....lets wait at least a couple of games before we punch the kids card for canton.

any seahwks related stat is meaningless.  they didn't show up or put any effort into that game

no you have that wrong the first two game stat really don't count. why? the Raiders set him up to fail as they wanted Schaub to win the starting job. Derek Carr didn't play with the first string oline( the one time he did was impressive- second game) Raiders had to throw a lot of short passes because the Lt ( really third string tackle) that was playing with the second string Oline due to injury - couldn't block my grandma( why Carr didn't play the third week because of a rib injury)

The fourth game Raiders Raiders put him behind the first string Oline.

Carr was one of -if not the- worst QB prospect when under pressure in this year's draft. The Jets are going to bring the pressure.

You now have the Raiders spreading out the Jets dee with four WRs and bringing in a sixth OL. Lol.

Geno might take some hits, but he'll take most of them after gaining positive yards. The Jets are gonna pin their ears back and come after Carr. Should be fun to watch.

That's silly Carr was the worst Qb prospect under pressure. That like all those weak arm Qb's that won the Heisman trophy , but never amounted to anything in the pro game. Those top schools have the top olines , and how hard to throw to a Wr with three steps on the defender. ( unfortunately you don't get that in pro game) The fact is Fresno st didn't have the Oline like the big school , so when they faced a football factory program they were no match to the top defense lines. Any Qb that under constant pressure in his face , is going to struggle. ( any level) you reverse the teams, and He played behind a top Oline , and that stat under pressure would be a lot different.

Let get it straight what I said. If I was offensive coordinator I would play with four Wr sets and one back( spread jets defense out) Will the Raiders play it that way. They might play it straight up- that's where playing with sixth Olineman is very good possibility. Either way they can win but my way would be much easier.

That is just my honest opinion that Jets don't have more than two sacks. The Raiders aren't going to let the Jet tee off on Derek Carr .( If they have look for Raiders to bring in a sixth Olineman M Watson as the extra Te. Listen the Jets have more than two I will come on here Monday and admit I was wrong there. ( I do believe Raiders will hit and sack Geno Smith more times than the Jets do to Derek Carr.

the raiders are getting to play with 6 lineman 5 wideouts a TE a RB and Carr ? You're right we're screwed

That is just my honest opinion that Jets don't have more than two sacks. The Raiders aren't going to let the Jet tee off on Derek Carr .( If they have look for Raiders to bring in a sixth Olineman M Watson as the extra Te. Listen the Jets have more than two I will come on here Monday and admit I was wrong there. ( I do believe Raiders will hit and sack Geno Smith more times than the Jets do to Derek Carr.

Fun fact, amount of times Geno was sacked in the preseason: 0. His pocket awareness is much improved, as is his progressions.

That's silly Carr was the worst Qb prospect under pressure. That like all those weak arm Qb's that won the Heisman trophy , but never amounted to anything in the pro game. Those top schools have the top olines , and how hard to throw to a Wr with three steps on the defender. ( unfortunately you don't get that in pro game) The fact is Fresno st didn't have the Oline like the big school , so when they faced a football factory program they were no match to the top defense lines. Any Qb that under constant pressure in his face , is going to struggle. ( any level) you reverse the teams, and He played behind a top Oline , and that stat under pressure would be a lot different.

Let get it straight what I said. If I was offensive coordinator I would play with four Wr sets and one back( spread jets defense out) Will the Raiders play it that way. They might play it straight up- that's where playing with sixth Olineman is very good possibility. Either way they can win but my way would be much easier.

carr beat up on weak defenses in college.....

That is okay and it is a fair opinion, 2 sacks in a game isn't bad. Maybe you just worded it wrong (dreaming). Cause if Jets fans are dreaming they will have 7 or 8 sacks in the game. :)

I found this as i was browsing the internet.

I hate to bust the bubble of our Raider troll but here it goes Rex vs rookie QB's.

• On average, rookies see their QBR drop 6.8 points against the Jets.
  • In seven of the nine games the rookie posted a QBR lower than his season average.
  • Four posted a QBR at least ten points lower than their average while only one posted a QBR at least ten points above average.
  • The two quarterbacks now widely acknowledged as legitimate franchise quarterbacks, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson saw their QBR's lowered by 29.6 and 19.5 respectively.

I found this as i was browsing the internet.

I hate to bust the bubble of our Raider troll but here it goes Rex vs rookie QB's.

• On average, rookies see their QBR drop 6.8 points against the Jets.
  • In seven of the nine games the rookie posted a QBR lower than his season average.
  • Four posted a QBR at least ten points lower than their average while only one posted a QBR at least ten points above average.
  • The two quarterbacks now widely acknowledged as legitimate franchise quarterbacks, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson saw their QBR's lowered by 29.6 and 19.5 respectively.

Thanks for the statistics I was wondering how rookie QBs normally fare vs Rex's defense.

You cannot run on the Jets. It's a waste of time. And figure MM is gonna hand off around 40+ times. When it's over Jets take a snoozefest 17-7 win. Between the Jets' 3 backs we could be looking at 225 yards on the ground.

If the Raiders are smart, you do run 4 wide and shotgun because obviously the Jets' 2ndary is from hunger and they tend to generate pass rush only with a blitz. A smart QB can beat that, but not likely on Day 1 of Carr's career.

You cannot run on the Jets. It's a waste of time. And figure MM is gonna hand off around 40+ times. When it's over Jets take a snoozefest 17-7 win. Between the Jets' 3 backs we could be looking at 225 yards on the ground.

If the Raiders are smart, you do run 4 wide and shotgun because obviously the Jets' 2ndary is from hunger and they tend to generate pass rush only with a blitz. A smart QB can beat that, but not likely on Day 1 of Carr's career.

That's not true you can't run on the Jet's( not easy but possible) . The Raiders did last year with all their running backs out , their fullback Marcel Reece had 19 carries for 123 yards= 6.5 average. The Raiders upgraded their Oline big time this offseason, and have All their running backs healthy and rearing to go .

I want them to go four wide , but that isn't going to happen. Expect heavy dose of Maurice Jones Drew, McFadden to get his 7-10 carriers( expect see him move outside to Wr before the snap sometimes).

Another thing That I don't going to happen but if I was calling the plays. I would run Maurice Jones Drew and McFadden the first 3 quarters, Than when the defense is tired bring in Lativius Murray 6' 3 230 4.38 to finish them off.( he's the future)

Expect to see Raiders play with six Olineman occasionally ( Watson coming in as extra Te)

The Raiders will test that you can't run on the Jet defense very early. I think Raiders get 100 yards rushing Sunday. They are going to break a couple long ones.

The Jets aren't getting anywhere near 200 Yard rushing and will be lucky to break 100 yards. The Raiders upgraded that Defensiveline big time from last year. Big # 78 Justin Ellis 6'1 340 - eats double teams up(eventually will start next to Pat Sims) Tuck and Woodley are both good against the run. Khalil Mack and Sio Moore will be crashing down on Jet ball carriers. ss Tyvon Branch makes his living near the line of scrimmage( Becareful Geno his 4.3 speed will catch you if you try and run it this year).

The Raiders aren't letting the Jets beat them on the ground, as they are going to make Geno Smith have to beat them. Raiders are going to get their hits and sacks on Geno Smith .They have a lot of guys that can get to the passer this year.

Let's see an un drafted Fa Qb( Matt Mcgloin) put 27 points up on a Jet defense last year( that was without Denarius Moore playing, and Jets starting way better set of Cb's). Guess he didn't get the memo what Rex Ryan does to rookie Qb's. ( raiders defense was so worn out and bad down the stretch they couldn't stop anyone, including the offensive challenged Jet offense. Believe me you think your seeing anywhere close to that kind of defense from the Raiders , and you're for a big surprise.

Let's see with no Raider running backs healthy, a Fb ( Marcel Reece) put the most yards rushing on the Jets defense.19 for 123= 6.5 average ( had 150 yards rushing) The Raiders didn't get that memo either- You can't run on the Jets defense.

Now the Raiders have upgraded that Oline big time from last year( especially their ability to run block - Lg Gabe Jackson is a beast. ( S Richardson you will find out what I'm talking about) They have a better Qb in Derek Carr( who can fit the football in very tight windows accurately - playing against arguable the worse set of Cb's .

All the Raider running back are healthy , fast and offer something different . Maurice Jones Drew - short RB with the size of tree trunks for legs, in the best shape of his life. Darren McFadden - haven't seen this kind of explosiveness from in years, And L Murray 6'3 230 4.38 was built to run behind this Oline.

Now you want to say Jets find a way to out score the Raiders- that's one thing , but If think that Jet defense is shutting down the Raiders offense- I Don't see it.

Let's see an un drafted Fa Qb( Matt Mcgloin) put 27 points up on a Jet defense last year( that was without Denarius Moore playing, and Jets starting way better set of Cb's). Guess he didn't get the memo what Rex Ryan does to rookie Qb's. ( raiders defense was so worn out and bad down the stretch they couldn't stop anyone, including the offensive challenged Jet offense. Believe me you think your seeing anywhere close to that kind of defense from the Raiders , and you're for a big surprise.

Let's see with no Raider running backs healthy, a Fb ( Marcel Reece) put the most yards rushing on the Jets defense.19 for 123= 6.5 average ( had 150 yards rushing) The Raiders didn't get that memo either- You can't run on the Jets defense.

Now the Raiders have upgraded that Oline big time from last year( especially their ability to run block - Lg Gabe Jackson is a beast. ( S Richardson you will find out what I'm talking about) They have a better Qb in Derek Carr( who can fit the football in very tight windows accurately - playing against arguable the worse set of Cb's .

All the Raider running back are healthy , fast and offer something different . Maurice Jones Drew - short RB with the size of tree trunks for legs, in the best shape of his life. Darren McFadden - haven't seen this kind of explosiveness from in years, And L Murray 6'3 230 4.38 was built to run behind this Oline.

Now you want to say Jets find a way to out score the Raiders- that's one thing , but If think that Jet defense is shutting down the Raiders offense- I Don't see it.

7 sacks on Sunday. Strahans season record already in the hunt by Wilkerson by halftime. Book it

7 sacks on Sunday. Strahans season record already in the hunt by Wilkerson by halftime. Book it

How about an even 10 sacks Sunday for the Jets. Lol. Jmo The Jets have more than two for the entire Game , and I will be surprised.

You might get the sacks right, but will it be the Jets that are getting them. (Something to contemplate)

lets see if this guy shows back up. except for an extremely lucky catch in what was almost garbage time the raiders offense looked like dog sh*t. matter of fact, if it weren't for some lucky bounces, a few penalties, and that retarded fumble by geno, ur raiduhs wouldn't have even been close to in this one. matter of fact you guys were lucky to break 100 yds in offense.

lets see if this guy shows back up. except for an extremely lucky catch in what was almost garbage time the raiders offense looked like dog sh*t. matter of fact, if it weren't for some lucky bounces, a few penalties, and that retarded fumble by geno, ur raiduhs wouldn't have even been close to in this one. matter of fact you guys were lucky to break 100 yds in offense.

That was a defensive smack down. Carr was lost and most of his completions were within five yards of the line of scrimmage. That easily could have been a shutout. Very happy we didn't push Milliner and play him in this game, it was unnecessary. There is no way raiderholic comes back. Carr was nothing anything that he was hyping him up to be.

He's a complete clown, but he'll be back.  He did this all the time on JI, I've always enjoyed his unique 'analysis' of quoting Raiders players height, weight, and 40 time.

You can throw that stat out for the simple fact this might be the worse secondary Rex Ryan has put out there. The Raiders for the most part want to run the football in 2014 . ( Offense line geared up for pounding the football)

Why would they bother this week . Jmo If I was Greg Olsen ( Raiders OC) I come out with four Wr sets and a single back.( Spread that Jet defense out and force them to play with more db's than Lb's- get deeper in Jet Db depth chart).

Something like this Rod Streater 6'3 210 and James Jones6'1 208/ Andre Holmes 6'4 223 on the outside . With Denarius Moore 6' 195 and Brice Butler 6'3 215 the inside Wr's. with Maurice Jones Drew/ Darren McFadden/ or Lativius Murray as the single back.

Since those Wr are spread out , Derek Carr can come to the line of scrimmage and figure out where he's getting single coverage , and that's where he's going.( by spreading the defense out it makes it harder for Rex Ryan to blitz)

Another benefit of playing with that many Wr's is makes it a lot easier to run the football.( Raiders Wr's have a huge size and weight advantage on Jets Db's) anytime the Raiders Rb's can get the Jets safeties or Cb one on one in opening space it Favors the Raiders Rb's.

That's the way I see it and obviously you see it another way.

Btw Raiders do play that way. jets bring in Babin to rush the passer- making it easier to run where ever he rushing from

You're entitled to believe that but Jmo that Jet pass rush isn't going to be a factor. I hope the Jets Defensive line has that mentality( they have to get up the field) because a draw or a screen to the Raiders Rb's and they can be running for big chunks of yards.

Fast twitch speed rushers need how many seconds to get to the Qb , and a Muhammad Wilkerson type of rusher needs a lot more . Carr will have that ball out well before the pressure every gets there.( see where he has the mismatch advantage- when he comes to line of scrimmage)

As good as a Rex Ryan defense is , you can't cover for lousy Cb play.

<smiling> All I'm going to say let's see how bad those Raider Wr are, and let see what excuse you come up with around 4:00 pm Eastern time. Your talking a lot of smack that your secondary can't backup.

That's the thing it hasn't been one preseason game , Derek Carr been impressing all camp for the Raiders. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586960/raiders-coach-derek-carr-better-than-we-thought-he-would-

Yes that was his best showing in the preseason ( against the Seahawks) for the simple fact outside of one other series( did very well) he hasn't played with the first string oline. Playing with the second string oline ,and the protection isn't as great.( has to throw it lot shorter)

If you have the Nfl preseason pack all you have to do is watch the game, and tell me Seattle played that way. Seattle try to come out and dominate , and inflicted some damage on the Raiders offense.( Raiders sat out most of there top offensive weapons for the game- Seattle didn't surprisingly sit their defense stars). if you ever played any sport, you go half speed there is a better chance for injury. it would have been better if they just didn't play those defensive players in that game.(Pete Carrol could be playing jacks, and he wants to dominate)

what Carr saw against Seattle( a way way better secondary than he will see Sunday). The laser throws where Richard Sherman was all over the Wr.( Denarius Moore). He still put in a spot where Denarius Moore could only bring it in.

Keep try to convince yourself the Jets defense will be fine against the Raiders offense. at some point during the game reality going to set in, and you're going to realize your secondary overmatched

Did you watch the game? anyone has Nfl preseason package watch it. You tell me the defending Super Bowl champs didn't take that game seriously.( surprised me that they would risk their top players to injury like that-who Am I to question Pete Carroll methods)

The Autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weatherbeaten

He wears a hooded sash

With a silver hat about his head

And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a Raider Pillaging just for fun

He’ll knock you ’round and upside down

And laugh when he’s conquered and won.

Answer this question , if Raiders come out with four Wr sets and a single RB in the backfield. ( spread that Jet defense out) Wouldn't the Jets be forced to play with more Db's instead of Lb's. ( to you agree or disagree with that).

The raiders can play that way and still be conservative on offense( want to run the ball- correct ). The Jets are playing with 6 cbs is your run defense going to be as effective.

Throw any six Jet Db's you want ,and now compare them to the Raider Wr. they are given up a lot of size and weight( run blocking will will make easier for Raiders RB to get to perimeter.

jmo Your dreaming if you think Jets will have more than two sacks in this game.

That's not true you can't run on the Jet's( not easy but possible) . The Raiders did last year with all their running backs out , their fullback Marcel Reece had 19 carries for 123 yards= 6.5 average. The Raiders upgraded their Oline big time this offseason, and have All their running backs healthy and rearing to go .

I want them to go four wide , but that isn't going to happen. Expect heavy dose of Maurice Jones Drew, McFadden to get his 7-10 carriers( expect see him move outside to Wr before the snap sometimes).

Another thing That I don't going to happen but if I was calling the plays. I would run Maurice Jones Drew and McFadden the first 3 quarters, Than when the defense is tired bring in Lativius Murray 6' 3 230 4.38 to finish them off.( he's the future)

Expect to see Raiders play with six Olineman occasionally ( Watson coming in as extra Te)

The Raiders will test that you can't run on the Jet defense very early. I think Raiders get 100 yards rushing Sunday. They are going to break a couple long ones.

The Jets aren't getting anywhere near 200 Yard rushing and will be lucky to break 100 yards. The Raiders upgraded that Defensiveline big time from last year. Big # 78 Justin Ellis 6'1 340 - eats double teams up(eventually will start next to Pat Sims) Tuck and Woodley are both good against the run. Khalil Mack and Sio Moore will be crashing down on Jet ball carriers. ss Tyvon Branch makes his living near the line of scrimmage( Becareful Geno his 4.3 speed will catch you if you try and run it this year).

The Raiders aren't letting the Jets beat them on the ground, as they are going to make Geno Smith have to beat them. Raiders are going to get their hits and sacks on Geno Smith .They have a lot of guys that can get to the passer this year.

SO MANY WORDS.........................

Archived