Darqueze Dennard

TuscanyTile2

As per the article below (of which I only pasted a little of), Darqueze Dennard is the best rookie CB Marvin Lewis has ever seen.  I know Calvin Pryor has looked good too though.  Just wondering if people would - if they had the chance - swap Pryor for Dennard straight-up right now.  I know it's a pointless question as it's not within the realm of possibility but we're not into regular season yet so I figured why not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375109/article/darqueze-dennard-turning-heads-in-bengals-camp

Coach Marvin Lewis raised the stakes on Thursday, crediting the former Michigan State star as "the best rookie corner I've seen," per Dan Hoard, the radio voice of the Bengals.

That's high praise considering two of Lewis' teams drafted first-round cornerbacks in back-to-back years.

As Ravens defensive coordinator, Lewis coached Duane Starks (No. 10 overall, 1998) and Chris McAlister (No. 10 overall, 1999). As Bengals head coach, he tutored a pair of decorated corners in Johnathan Joseph (No. 24, 2006) and Leon Hall (No. 18, 2007).

We'll see how it plays out. Obviously, it's still a wee bit early. The Jets opted for the #1 Safety over the third CB in the draft. I can't fault them for that. I'm sure their feelings for McDougle came I to play there, too. And it's not like Pryor hasn't looked NFL ready, either.

We'll see how it plays out. Obviously, it's still a wee bit early. The Jets opted for the #1 Safety over the third CB in the draft. I can't fault them for that. I'm sure their feelings for McDougle came I to play there, too. And it's not like Pryor hasn't looked NFL ready, either.

Many liked Clinton-Dix over Pryor. I would say it was about even for the #1 rank. Other than that, I agree with you.

Interesting tidbit. There is one WR on this team that everybody likes this year who infact played at cornerback before going to his college team. Guess who ?

If its someone everyone likes I'll take a guess without looking it up and say Decker. Not that I want to see him play there.

Archived