Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rumor mill: Champ Bailey about to get cut.

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Old.. old.. and really old. But better than what we are fielding now, no? 

Posted · Report post

Better, yes.

Posted · Report post

Old.. old.. and really old. But better than what we are fielding now, no?

Depends who else gets cut. I really hope thrifty Idz is also looking into making a trade for serviceable CB

Posted · Report post

A miracle trade is unlikely to happen. I would take a flier on Bailey if he is released. isn't he on the Saints. Maybe Rob is doing Rex a favor.

Posted · Report post

#ThriftyIdz

Posted · Report post

Depends who else gets cut. I really hope thrifty Idz is also looking into making a trade for serviceable CB

At this point, we need to take on more than one corner, imo.

Posted · Report post

I guess it depends on if they do cut Patterson, and the extent of the injuries

Posted · Report post

Allen looks like he will be available for the opener.

I hope better sense prevails on Dmitri Patterson and he is healthy enough to play opening day.

So we need one at most. Otherwise Walls will play across from Allen.

As far as Millner is concerned he may not be fit for opening day. Heck i would count him out for the first quarter of the season because there is no use to rush him from a high ankle sprain given the position he plays.

Posted · Report post

I hope better sense prevails on Dmitri Patterson and he is healthy enough to play opening day.

As far as Millner is concerned he may not be fit for opening day. Heck i would count him out for the first quarter of the season because there is no use to rush him from a high ankle sprain given the position he plays.

Posted · Report post

I guess it depends on if they do cut Patterson, and the extent of the injuries

Patterson is terrible. Doesn't matter if he starts taking roids and drinking Darrelle's piss straight from the tap. nothing can help that loser.

Posted · Report post

You feel comfortable with Walls and Allen? Allen isn't even a corner. 

Posted · Report post

Patterson is terrible. Doesn't matter if he starts taking roids and drinking Darrelle's piss straight from the tap. nothing can help that loser.

He certainly looked awful in the one game he was in. But did Idz really miss that bad on him? From what I gather injuries are his downfall and not ability. Granted he is rolling the dice on him missing games during the regular season though

Posted · Report post

He certainly looked awful in the one game he was in. But did Idz really miss that bad on him? From what I gather injuries are his downfall and not ability. Granted he is rolling the dice on him missing games during the regular season though

Yes, Idzik did. Terrible way to spend $3.5 million especially when clearly not spending is your go to move. 

Posted · Report post

You feel comfortable with Walls and Allen? Allen isn't even a corner. 

I feel more comfortable with Allen than say Patterson. I feel more comfortable with Patterson than Walls.

If Millner can return sooner we should be A-OK.

Infact i feel Allen is an upgrade over Cro. So we might be better than last season.

Posted · Report post

bailey is done.   

walls and lankster are your NYJ starting CBs week 1.    Wilson is even worse and he'll see the field a lot.    If the raiders run the ball at all they are foolish.  

Posted · Report post

bailey is done.   

walls and lankster are your NYJ starting CBs week 1.    Wilson is even worse and he'll see the field a lot.    If the raiders run the ball at all they are foolish.  

Allen will be available by Week 1 as it looks right now.

Posted · Report post

#ThriftyIdz

If you are going to insist on using hastags in the same improper fashion as every stay-at-home mom on facebook, then at least be witty about it.

Posted · Report post

if Patterson isn't cut, this franchise is a joke.  Rex is loyal to his players, sort of to a fault.  Patterson displayed ZERO loyalty by going AWOL for 2+ days and then basically calling the Rex/Idzik liars.  if that isn't dealt with by cutting him, it's a travesty.  guys are trying to make this team at CB and this guy thinks he can leave the team?  maybe he should worry about getting healthy and stepping his own game up.

as for Bailey, i wouldn't mind that pickup at all.  he's old but he's probably better then Walls/Lankster.  they didn't look so hot last night against Barkley, Maehl and Benn.

Posted · Report post

I'd take a flier on the guy at this point, tbqh.

Posted · Report post

Walls FTMFW.  He is going to surprise a lot of people around here.

Posted · Report post

Walls FTMFW.  He is going to surprise a lot of people around here.

I am operating under the assumption that Milliner may need more time to get back to 100%.. or close to it. 

Posted · Report post

#ThriftyIdz

irony is that Idzik significantly overpaid Patterson.     1 yr 3M?    for a journeyman who started 25 games in 8 season?   

Once Idzik missed on Davis and DRC and passed on Revis he was forced to overpay a big turd in Patterson.  

Posted · Report post

irony is that Idzik significantly overpaid Patterson.     1 yr 3M?    for a journeyman who started 25 games in 8 season?   

Once Idzik missed on Davis and DRC and passed on Revis he was forced to overpay a big turd in Patterson.  

The actual tab is < $1MM.  Lots of fluff and incentives.

Posted · Report post

Could you imagine, they pick up two corners on waivers, and they both start week one (assuming Milliner is out).  Wow -- lol.

Posted · Report post

Could you imagine, they pick up two corners on waivers, and they both start week one (assuming Milliner is out).  Wow -- lol.

The sad part is, I can.