Rumor mill: Champ Bailey about to get cut.

pointman

At this point, we need to take on more than one corner, imo.

Allen looks like he will be available for the opener.

I hope better sense prevails on Dmitri Patterson and he is healthy enough to play opening day.

So we need one at most. Otherwise Walls will play across from Allen.

As far as Millner is concerned he may not be fit for opening day. Heck i would count him out for the first quarter of the season because there is no use to rush him from a high ankle sprain given the position he plays.

At this point, we need to take on more than one corner, imo.

I hope better sense prevails on Dmitri Patterson and he is healthy enough to play opening day.

As far as Millner is concerned he may not be fit for opening day. Heck i would count him out for the first quarter of the season because there is no use to rush him from a high ankle sprain given the position he plays.

You feel comfortable with Walls and Allen? Allen isn't even a corner. 

Patterson is terrible. Doesn't matter if he starts taking roids and drinking Darrelle's piss straight from the tap. nothing can help that loser.

He certainly looked awful in the one game he was in. But did Idz really miss that bad on him? From what I gather injuries are his downfall and not ability. Granted he is rolling the dice on him missing games during the regular season though

He certainly looked awful in the one game he was in. But did Idz really miss that bad on him? From what I gather injuries are his downfall and not ability. Granted he is rolling the dice on him missing games during the regular season though

Yes, Idzik did. Terrible way to spend $3.5 million especially when clearly not spending is your go to move. 

You feel comfortable with Walls and Allen? Allen isn't even a corner. 

I feel more comfortable with Allen than say Patterson. I feel more comfortable with Patterson than Walls.

If Millner can return sooner we should be A-OK.

Infact i feel Allen is an upgrade over Cro. So we might be better than last season.

bailey is done.   

walls and lankster are your NYJ starting CBs week 1.    Wilson is even worse and he'll see the field a lot.    If the raiders run the ball at all they are foolish.  

if Patterson isn't cut, this franchise is a joke.  Rex is loyal to his players, sort of to a fault.  Patterson displayed ZERO loyalty by going AWOL for 2+ days and then basically calling the Rex/Idzik liars.  if that isn't dealt with by cutting him, it's a travesty.  guys are trying to make this team at CB and this guy thinks he can leave the team?  maybe he should worry about getting healthy and stepping his own game up.

as for Bailey, i wouldn't mind that pickup at all.  he's old but he's probably better then Walls/Lankster.  they didn't look so hot last night against Barkley, Maehl and Benn.

irony is that Idzik significantly overpaid Patterson.     1 yr 3M?    for a journeyman who started 25 games in 8 season?   

Once Idzik missed on Davis and DRC and passed on Revis he was forced to overpay a big turd in Patterson.  

The actual tab is < $1MM.  Lots of fluff and incentives.

An NFL deal reported to be much bigger than it is? Never! 

How the deal is reported it is on the reporters (or the agents). As best I understand, same as the day it was inked, the deal is something like 1 year $3M if he sticks & plays, 6 mos $1M if he doesn't (if he doesn't make the final 53).

I think this deal is a good one for Patterson, no? He gets $1M for a month of practice, for most of which he was injured, AWOL (or whatever he's calling it) or suspended. We all should have had his summer.

Could you imagine, they pick up two corners on waivers, and they both start week one (assuming Milliner is out).  Wow -- lol.

I think the only reason Paterson hasn't been cut yet is idzik doesn't want to tip his hand any further than they already have that they need to grab cbs off the garbage pile. At this point, just find the 1 or 2 with the least amount of fleas on them and put them in jerseys and toss them into the meat grinder.

if Patterson isn't cut, this franchise is a joke. Rex is loyal to his players, sort of to a fault. Patterson displayed ZERO loyalty by going AWOL for 2+ days and then basically calling the Rex/Idzik liars. if that isn't dealt with by cutting him, it's a travesty. guys are trying to make this team at CB and this guy thinks he can leave the team? maybe he should worry about getting healthy and stepping his own game up.

as for Bailey, i wouldn't mind that pickup at all. he's old but he's probably better then Walls/Lankster. they didn't look so hot last night against Barkley, Maehl and Benn.

Walls didn't play against the Eagles.

specifically remember hearing his name being called along with Lankster and Lewis. and if he didn't, that's a mistake. he should be getting as many reps as possible.

He wasn't even in pads. Buttle made a mention of it, if I remember correctly.

He played with the ones against the Giants, and played well. Him and Allen will likely be the starters against the Raiders.

He played with the ones against the Giants, and played well. Him and Allen will likely be the starters against the Raiders.

This is correct. Walls did not suit up for the Eagles. 

it's really amazing that a team that's used 3 1st rd picks, 1 2nd, 1 3rd on DBs is forced to start walls and allen at CB.  

How the deal is reported it is on the reporters (or the agents). As best I understand, same as the day it was inked, the deal is something like 1 year $3M if he sticks & plays, 6 mos $1M if he doesn't (if he doesn't make the final 53).

I think this deal is a good one for Patterson, no? He gets $1M for a month of practice, for most of which he was injured, AWOL (or whatever he's calling it) or suspended. We all should have had his summer.

Yeah, totally. Every NFL reporter on the planet just happened to pick the least honest route of reporting contracts. The agents have incentive to pull this some so yeah, they're a part of it, but they have more to lose and way less power than the puppeteers/owners (our friends). Any half savvy kid looking to make this sport their career can do a little research on what kind of money agents really get for their clients.

Archived