Biggest surprise on the final-53

AFJF

To me....Not a huge name, but I was really surprised to see Josh Bush make it over Rontez Miles.  I know Bush is considered the better cover guy, and he may very well turn out to be a good player, but I feel like Miles was constantly getting recognized for making plays while Bush was invisible all pre-season.

Also surprised they went with two QB's despite the fact that I said I'd like to see them do it.

What's yours?

To me....Not a huge name, but I was really surprised to see Josh Bush make it over Rontez Miles. I know Bush is considered the better cover guy, and he may very well turn out to be a good player, but I feel like Miles was constantly getting recognized for making plays while Bush was invisible all pre-season.

Also surprised they went with two QB's despite the fact that I said I'd like to see them do it.

What's yours?

Bush is a head-scratcher, as is keeping both Ellis and TJ Barnes on the roster. There's gonna be a lot of shuffling over the next week, I think.

Simms was a surprise for me considering we have a high risk backup QB. So if, or when it gets down to Vick, each play, especially QB scramble will pump an extra pint of blood in Jetnation's stream. If Vick goes down, we may have to ask Kerley to take the handoff snaps. That's not a particularly ideal situation to be in. I feel like the Jets have a QB in mind that they wanna target in the next few days and if they can't get him, they'll sign Simms back to the 53-man active roster.

Bush is a head-scratcher, as is keeping both Ellis and TJ Barnes on the roster. There's gonna be a lot of shuffling over the next week, I think.

It's a crowded group, but I think that the way Barnes moved around in the pre-season was impressive for a man his size IMO, and somebody in need of a big man up front (Philly?) would've poached him off the PS.

It's a crowded group, but I think that the way Barnes moved around in the pre-season was impressive for a man his size IMO, and somebody in need of a big man up front (Philly?) would've poached him off the PS.

Doesn't really justify tying up a roster spot for a third nose tackle, though.

Simms was a surprise for me considering we have a high risk backup QB. So if, or when it gets down to Vick, each play, especially QB scramble will pump an extra pint of blood in Jetnation's stream. If Vick goes down, we may have to ask Kerley to take the handoff snaps. That's not a particularly ideal situation to be in. I feel like the Jets have a QB in mind that they wanna target in the next few days and if they can't get him, they'll sign Simms back to the 53-man active roster.

Keep in mind though, that one or both of Simms and Boyd are going to get brought back onto the PS.  In that case, if at any point one or Geno or Vick were to get hurt, one of them (if not someone else) would immediately get promoted to the active roster.  I can't imagine any scenario where the Jets would go into a game with only one healthy QB.

only 3 OT's is kinda thin.  I guess Ijalana could swing both ways but boy that's a risk in my mind.  I'd like to see 2 OT's on the PS

It seems the Jets plan is to have both Colon and Aboushi as potential options at RT as well, but I definitely agree with you they would be better served having some other real options at OT around the team, even if only on the PS.  Particularly considering Ijalana himself is not exactly the most reliable of options.

Keep in mind though, that one or both of Simms and Boyd are going to get brought back onto the PS. In that case, if at any point one or Geno or Vick were to get hurt, one of them (if not someone else) would immediately get promoted to the active roster. I can't imagine any scenario where the Jets would go into a game with only one healthy QB.

Yes, but my scenario was if Vick was to enter a game after Geno went down. Now we'd only have Vick as the healthy QB. And with QB being such an important position, I think it's wise to keep 3 QBs as opposed to 8 LBs or 6 WRs.

Yes, but my scenario was if Vick was to enter a game after Geno went down. Now we'd only have Vick as the healthy QB. And with QB being such an important position, I think it's wise to keep 3 QBs as opposed to 8 LBs or 6 WRs.

I think every year they carry a QB on the PS.  I don't think simms clear waivers but they will add a body

The Jets would be in trouble in that scenario either way though, as even if they had kept one of these guys, they're not going have all three active on game day.  Don't forget, the NFL did away with that whole emergency/third QB crap with the game day roster.

Archived