What message board features do you like most? What would you like added?

There is a new version of this software coming out soon and I am curious to hear what everyone thinks. What features do you like the most right now? What features would you like to see added?  As we are evaluating the new version I want to make sure it has everything before we move to it.  So please chime in with thoughts, even if they seem a bit random.

One of the big features that it has is @ replies. That is a big one for me that I have always wanted.  Right now the notifications work based on quotes and threads \ forums that you subscribe to.  But now you will be able to say:  "@Faba -- check out this thread, this is how I feel about Geno blah blah blah...

There are several other new features as well.  But like I said we want to make sure it has everything, so please give us your thoughts.

Thanks!

JetNation.com

The Site That Cares

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

If there's a way to use rep on the mobile version, that would be good, too. I love the @ replies thing too. Honestly, the site is awesome and there's not much that needs to be changed.

We used to have the rep button on mobile. I just wrote that one down and will work on getting it back again. Along with the @ replies, that one is pretty cool imo. Should be able to get both of these requests up and running very soon, thanks.

We could always bring potw back. That was fun.

Post of the week was a blast. It is just hard to run, we will have to try and figure out an easier way to handle it.  The old post of the week button was great.

I like that in the mobile, clicking on a thread will take you to the last comment that YOU read. Any way to incorporate that into the web threads?

That does exist already. The color hides the button.  But if you look to the left of the thread title. Click in that green box, top side of the box. That will take you to the last post you read in that thread.

In the screen print below the JI\Scout thread is white, not green, because I had the last post in it.

board.png

That does exist already. The color hides the button. But if you look to the left of the thread title. Click in that green box, top side of the box. That will take you to the last post you read in that thread.

In the screen print below the JI\Scout thread is white, not green, because I had the last post in it.

board.png

Sweet! Thanks Max.

In that case, I want nothing.

How about a contest where we get to add a starting caliber CB, get free jerseys, tickets to a game and a signed Joe Namath football. Is this too much

to ask?

Can't help with the cb but this we are giving away some jets merchandize and Ray Lucas' new book. :)

video chat with the ladies.

Don't tell me I'm wrong in assuming that there are actual ladies who post here, and I'm not just being surrounded by tiny white flacid baloney swords!

good gawd

we are real. and no, we don't want to video chat. CREEPS.

Bring back rep comments!!!

+1

If there's a way to use rep on the mobile version, that would be good, too. I love the @ replies thing too. Honestly, the site is awesome and there's not much that needs to be changed.

We used to have the rep button on mobile. I just wrote that one down and will work on getting it back again. Along with the @ replies, that one is pretty cool imo. Should be able to get both of these requests up and running very soon, thanks.

Rep comments was by far the coolest feature in the history of message boards. 

I'd like to see some sort or arrow or something that shows up next to the threads you have posted in

This for me. 

Also if we could embed videos in a way where you see the first frame rather than a link?  Maybe that already exists and I haven't found it.

Finally, more boobs.  Particularly really big ones that roll out and completely cover any post with the word 'sux' in it.  That would turn a negative into a positive and really improve the entire JN experience.

This for me. 

Also if we could embed videos in a way where you see the first frame rather than a link?  Maybe that already exists and I haven't found it.

Finally, more boobs.  Particularly really big ones that roll out and completely cover any post with the word 'sux' in it.  That would turn a negative into a positive and really improve the entire JN experience.

I've seen some youtubes embedded here for sure. I haven't tried to post any, but definitely looks like the option is available.

This for me. 

I've seen some youtubes embedded here for sure. I haven't tried to post any, but definitely looks like the option is available.

yeah underneath the video on its youtube page it should say "about, share and add to" Click on the word share. There will be a shortened link. Copy that link and just paste it in the text box here and hit post. 

Archived