What message board features do you like most? What would you like added?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the only thing I feel that's missing from what I can tell... Some indication of what threads you posted in.

I know Max is looking into that. There used to be a star to the left of all threads you posted in, but it's not there anymore. We'll get to the bottom on that. 

With the JI/Scout thing, it already seems like this site is getting way more traffic, I haven't seen this many posts added in one day on this site since the draft. The last time I came online was like 5 hours ago and I'm looking at it now and there are like 7-8 new topics. I think it'd be cool to be able to tag members in a post if someone wants their input, like Villian the Foe's input on a college player. Could be easy to miss some topics if all this traffic is going to continue. Love this site the way is now btw, I wouldn't  mind if it stays the way it is.

Edit: This might already be a feature, and if so, I'm sorry for the stupidity.

There is a new version of this software coming out soon and I am curious to hear what everyone thinks. What features do you like the most right now? What features would you like to see added?  As we are evaluating the new version I want to make sure it has everything before we move to it.  So please chime in with thoughts, even if they seem a bit random.

One of the big features that it has is @ replies. That is a big one for me that I have always wanted.  Right now the notifications work based on quotes and threads \ forums that you subscribe to.  But now you will be able to say:  "@Faba -- check out this thread, this is how I feel about Geno blah blah blah...

There are several other new features as well.  But like I said we want to make sure it has everything, so please give us your thoughts.

Thanks!

JetNation.com

The Site That Cares

I LOVE that the site never marks a thread read if it hasn't been read, even if its months old. Thats rare. I also love that rep is publicly shown. 

What I would like is to be able to write comments in rep.

With the JI/Scout thing, it already seems like this site is getting way more traffic, I haven't seen this many posts added in one day on this site since the draft. The last time I came online was like 5 hours ago and I'm looking at it now and there are like 7-8 new topics. I think it'd be cool to be able to tag members in a post if someone wants their input, like Villian the Foe's input on a college player. Could be easy to miss some topics if all this traffic is going to continue. Love this site the way is now btw, I wouldn't mind if it stays the way it is.

That is coming very soon.

PLEASE ADD:  the ability to jump to specific pages in a thread (for both full and mobile versions of the website)

For huge threads (20+ pages) its tedious to hit the arrows to get to the page you want to get to.... especially on the mobile site because there's only the back page and next page buttons which only move 1 page at a time.

Tapatalk enables users to jump to specific pages but since this site doesn't support Tapatalk, it would be nice if that feature was included on the mobile version.

I haven't tried it lately but I know the last time I tried I could embed videos with firefox but with internet explorer it only posted the hotlink

Now I see my own embedded video but before when I posted it (and subsequently edited it) I could not.  Using IE (latest version).  Will try Chrome and see if that helps.  Weird but at least it works.

What's the secret to getting my sig to have a space between it and the text above?

Sometimes my SAR I moniker shows up without a space and sometimes it's pushed up against the sentence above it.

SAR I

maybe add a . above your sig and then change the color to   so nobody sees it.

What's the secret to getting my sig to have a space between it and the text above?

Sometimes my SAR I moniker shows up without a space and sometimes it's pushed up against the sentence above it.

SAR I

I edited your signature. Let me know if that is acceptable. 

PLEASE ADD:  the ability to jump to specific pages in a thread (for both full and mobile versions of the website)

For huge threads (20+ pages) its tedious to hit the arrows to get to the page you want to get to.... especially on the mobile site because there's only the back page and next page buttons which only move 1 page at a time.

Tapatalk enables users to jump to specific pages but since this site doesn't support Tapatalk, it would be nice if that feature was included on the mobile version.

Set your post count per page to 1,000,000. Problem solved.  Just kidding. I added this to the list, I will look into it, thanks.

With the JI/Scout thing, it already seems like this site is getting way more traffic, I haven't seen this many posts added in one day on this site since the draft. The last time I came online was like 5 hours ago and I'm looking at it now and there are like 7-8 new topics. I think it'd be cool to be able to tag members in a post if someone wants their input, like Villian the Foe's input on a college player. Could be easy to miss some topics if all this traffic is going to continue. Love this site the way is now btw, I wouldn't  mind if it stays the way it is.

Adding this in soon....thanks.

Just made a few changes:

1. Separated the pinned threads at the top from the regular threads. That has bothered me for years. :)

2. Added You can leave give positive and negative rep from mobile devices.

I should have the new post indicator for threads fixed soon as well.  Thanks.

I would like an AKF option where every time someone posts it, your "Brady is on a mission" posts automatically get posted under it.

I would like an AKF option where anytime Shasta posted it would automatically add a random embarrassing photo of Tom Brady. It would save me a lot of time and make me more productive at work. 

Archived