Jets waive Enunwa, sign CB Phillip Adams (corrected)

T0mShane

Idzik blew it on Patterson everyone can see that now-so what GM is going to make all the right decisions- lets look at the whole body of work instead of harping on one

Good point...hmmm goodson, passed on a few cb this off season, passed on few qb in draft, let cro walk w/o a reasonable alternative, replaced rt with a run oriented rt and let the better pass protector go all at even money on a team where any qb is always running for dear life, had chance to draft a few running backs over last 2 drafts but passed, had 12 draftpicks but did not try and move up 1x now we are cutting draft picks....way to go!!!!!!!!!!¡!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not a big Idzik fan at the moment but he drafted Pryor and Amaro 2 big time players who will contribute to this team in free agency yes he did fail at signing a CB and another decent WR.

I'm kind of ambivalent about Idzik right now.   Last season he cleared house at the expense of making a playoff run.  The team wasn't nearly as bad as advertised but the WR position made us uncompetitive.   the big FA signing last year was Goodsen which was debacle #1.  

this year the team is again going to be better than advertised.   But as much as this board likes to pick on Rex, he is basically bringing a knife to a gun fight with the CB situation.   Idzik completely dropped the ball on this.   The plan was either a 3rd rd pick or a journeyman with like 20 starts in 9 years.   Not to mention completely ignoring Wilson who is a disaster.    All this with a great crop of FA CBs and a sh*t ton of cap space.  

Idzik has had a ton of draft picks and a bunch of high picks.   The fact that he made a good 1st rd selection should be assumed not applauded.   

The book is still open on Idzik, I just don't understand the escalation of commitment from some of the posters.   He's made some pretty big mistakes, it's ok to admit that.  

Have to assume that Adams is here to fill a jersey until Milliner can play. Not sure what the deal is with Powell. If he's here to do Saunders' job, then you have to wonder how bad a pick Saunders was already. Not too many 156 lb punt returners in the world. I'm starting to think both Idzik and Rex were really counting on McDougle being a big piece for them and now they've give straight to hell. Remember, Patterson originally got jerked around in camp to give McDougle more time with the 1's.

Your unbridled defense of Idzik is alarming.   It's ok to admit that he's had some pretty big blunders since taking over the Jets.   In fact, other than trading Revis for a 1st rd pick and signing  Decker he really hasn't done much of anything.   It's like his entire tenure as GM is based on the success or failure of Geno Smith.  

this is about practice squad players and guys who will be inactive.  every team in the NFL has these guys.  only jets fans get upset the PS guys and inactive guys are jags

I've posted that idzik completely mis judged the corner market, moved too slowly and got caught holding the bag.  I've posted I wanted a lot more help at OG.

the hysterical whining about the CB position is actually distracting people from other problems. 

Have to assume that Adams is here to fill a jersey until Milliner can play. Not sure what the deal is with Powell. If he's here to do Saunders' job, then you have to wonder how bad a pick Saunders was already. Not too many 156 lb punt returners in the world. I'm starting to think both Idzik and Rex were really counting on McDougle being a big piece for them and now they've give straight to hell. Remember, Patterson originally got jerked around in camp to give McDougle more time with the 1's.

Believe Rex is on record saying mcdougle was not his 1st choice ...probably had no choice for that matter.

this is about practice squad players and guys who will be inactive.  every team in the NFL has these guys.  only jets fans get upset the PS guys and inactive guys are jags

I've posted that idzik completely mis judged the corner market, moved too slowly and got caught holding the bag.  I've posted I wanted a lot more help at OG.

the hysterical whining about the CB position is actually distracting people from other problems. 

Yeah the real problem is this guy is clueless and in over his head

The CB situation is worse than the WR situation last year....and that was pathetic.   

It's not like the Jets didn't have a chance at a CB.   They just passed and now have 21M of cap space that will ultimately cost Rex his job.  

I'm kind of ambivalent about Idzik right now.   Last season he cleared house at the expense of making a playoff run.  The team wasn't nearly as bad as advertised but the WR position made us uncompetitive.   the big FA signing last year was Goodsen which was debacle #1.  

this year the team is again going to be better than advertised.   But as much as this board likes to pick on Rex, he is basically bringing a knife to a gun fight with the CB situation.   Idzik completely dropped the ball on this.   The plan was either a 3rd rd pick or a journeyman with like 20 starts in 9 years.   Not to mention completely ignoring Wilson who is a disaster.    All this with a great crop of FA CBs and a sh*t ton of cap space.  

Idzik has had a ton of draft picks and a bunch of high picks.   The fact that he made a good 1st rd selection should be assumed not applauded.   

The book is still open on Idzik, I just don't understand the escalation of commitment from some of the posters.   He's made some pretty big mistakes, it's ok to admit that.  

There's a good chance Idzik has no idea what he's doing in terms of identifying talent. This draft was a trainwreck rounds 3-7.

Sorry, Phillip Adams

He's played in 53 games (four starts, all with Oakland) and for his career has three interceptions, eight pass defenses, 51 defensive tackles and 11 special teams tackles.

Sounds like he gets beat like a drum.  I hope he doesn't have to play.

The CB situation is worse than the WR situation last year....and that was pathetic.   

It's not like the Jets didn't have a chance at a CB.   They just passed and now have 21M of cap space that will ultimately cost Rex his job.  

I'm not sure it's that bad with milliner healthy, but that's mostly because the WR situation last year was so horrific, lol

Idzik did actually contact many CB's, but while he wanted to set up overnight visits and fancy dinners and tours of the local schools, other GM's were sending basic offer parameters to agents to get the negotiations going right away.

I don't think he is as cheap as he is deliberate.  the irony is all the deliberations, and he still wound up signing a time bomb that blew up in his face.

rex can't be happy.  I just hope there is a master plan and the prestige rocks, lol

I'm not sure it's that bad with milliner healthy, but that's mostly because the WR situation last year was so horrific, lol

Idzik did actually contact many CB's, but while he wanted to set up overnight visits and fancy dinners and tours of the local schools, other GM's were sending basic offer parameters to agents to get the negotiations going right away.

I don't think he is as cheap as he is deliberate.  the irony is all the deliberations, and he still wound up signing a time bomb that blew up in his face.

rex can't be happy.  I just hope there is a master plan and the prestige rocks, lol

fair enough.   tough to argue with any of this.  

Most of the extremely cranky posters are on my ignore list but I still see them because other people quote them and the saddest part is that they'll be miserable all year no matter how well we do or how bad we do.  So why even bother wasting your energy if you cant even get a little excited?  Idzik is not as bad or as good as everyone makes him out to be but I do like his plan and we have good coaching-- Geno is coming along and next year if we draft a good CB all of a sudden we have depth at that position...

D Line and safety look good.  Wrs look pretty good, TE looks good, o line isn't half bad, rbs are solid, QB is good..

Why reinforce this negativity? Seriously all it is is attention seeking behavior. It would be nice if the positive sophisticated threads were highlighted instead of these drudges. Just saying.

I did it because I believe he will be proven wrong.  I believe that Milliner will be fine as a # 1 CB and Walls will be a good # 2.  I don't share the same sense of panic, I do think they are going to be okay. So I was just having some fun with it.

Your unbridled defense of Idzik is alarming.   It's ok to admit that he's had some pretty big blunders since taking over the Jets.   In fact, other than trading Revis for a 1st rd pick and signing  Decker he really hasn't done much of anything.   It's like his entire tenure as GM is based on the success or failure of Geno Smith.  

Uh this post is too insightful. Overall, its early in Idzik's regime BUT his drafting is very unimpressive.

Pryor - stud in the making. Would have preferred Denard as it was a bigger need.  B

Amaro - we didn't need another TE at this pick.   C

McDougle - reach - wasted pick - drafting a cb who is inury prone and would not have gone so high was a bad move D 

Evans - Sanders -  ...WR was a huge need for this team and Idzik really blew this one  F 

Dozier - could be a sleeper  B

George - barely made the cut D

Enuma - another wasted pick ... cut  F

IK - a sleeper ...  B

Boyd - wasted pick - cut  - F

Reily - sleeper - B 

Milliner - Std in making B+ (risky pick seeing his injury history)  

Richardson - Idzik's best pick  A+ (hard to KO when you have 2 #1's)

Smith - who knows?  - if he fails Idzik is a goner.  So far D

Winters - overmatched - reach - D 

Oday - nothing special - D

Campbell - cut - F

Bohanan - nothing special D

Updated:

3. McDougle - IR

4. Saunders - Seizures, and really has not shown much.

4. Evans - IR

4. Dozier - Long way to go

5. George - Cut

6. Dixon - Cut

6. Boyd - Cut

6. Enunwa - Cut

6. IK - We got one!

7. Reilly - Was on the cutting block, big bowl of meh.

So. Like. What's the point, man?

Archived