Jets waive Enunwa, sign CB Phillip Adams (corrected)

T0mShane

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did it because I believe he will be proven wrong.  I believe that Milliner will be fine as a # 1 CB and Walls will be a good # 2.  I don't share the same sense of panic, I do think they are going to be okay. So I was just having some fun with it.

Fair enough - I just think these guys are irritants just to stand out - they get it right MAYBE 25% of the time and thump their chest. Just would be nice to highlight the guys who make sense.

Fair enough - I just think these guys are irritants just to stand out - they get it right MAYBE 25% of the time and thump their chest. Just would be nice to highlight the guys who make sense.

The negative does get more attention unfortunately.

But with a win over the Raiders we can all exhale. For about 2 minutes. :)

don't have any issues with half our draft not making the team. that's what happens when you draft 12 vs 3 players in a draft. Think they like George and Enunwa enough to get them on the PS.. Yeah,, Boyd was a wasted pick, but if we get quality play from Pryor and Amaro this year, with McDougle, Evans, Dozier all in line to contribute in 2015 - great.. and if Saunders, IK and Reilly can round out the roster in the next few years, even better..

don't have any issues with half our draft not making the team. that's what happens when you draft 12 vs 3 players in a draft. Think they like George and Enunwa enough to get them on the PS.. Yeah,, Boyd was a wasted pick, but if we get quality play from Pryor and Amaro this year, with McDougle, Evans, Dozier all in line to contribute in 2015 - great.. and if Saunders, IK and Reilly can round out the roster in the next few years, even better..

I had this another thread from a NYDN article from tonight:

"To make room for Powell, the Jets released rookie linebacker Jeremiah George, a fifth-round pick . . . Rookie receiver Quincy Enunwa was waived to make room for cornerback Phillip Adams. Both Enunwa and George are expected to be signed to the practice squad."

agree if Pryor and amaro contribute immediatly it takes some of the pain away and buys us some patience for some development ...that said the Boyd thing is annoying , the fact that idzick is playing along with the " Rex gets one pick " nonsense is concerning

don't have any issues with half our draft not making the team. that's what happens when you draft 12 vs 3 players in a draft.

therein lies the problem.    there was no reason to use all 12 picks.   although with the lack of talent evaluation in the FO I'm not sure it would have mattered.  

If Idzik has shown anything in the past 18 months it's that he's in over his head.   

agree if Pryor and amaro contribute immediatly it takes some of the pain away and buys us some patience for some development ...that said the Boyd thing is annoying , the fact that idzick is playing along with the " Rex gets one pick " nonsense is concerning

If Rex had any say in personnel Revis, Davis, or DRC would be starting at one CB this weekend and there certainly wouldn't be 21M of unused cap space.  

therein lies the problem. there was no reason to use all 12 picks. although with the lack of talent evaluation in the FO I'm not sure it would have mattered.

If Idzik has shown anything in the past 18 months it's that he's in over his head.

well there was that bet with Mehta that Idzik and Rex seemed very concerned about winning... You know.. Priorities and all

If Rex had any say in personnel Revis, Davis, or DRC would be starting at one CB this weekend and there certainly wouldn't be 21M of unused cap space.

cmon you seem knowledgable, you know the Boyd thing was all him. That's all I'm saying .

cmon you seem knowledgable, you know the Boyd thing was all him. That's all I'm saying .

yes, boyd was a rex favor.    It just doesn't bother me that much when the "Idzik picks" are equally wasted and can't make the team.    You know Rex wanted a man corner in FA - instead he has a 7th rd S starting opposite an UDFA with 21M of cap space sitting in Woody's pocket.  

I did it because I believe he will be proven wrong.  I believe that Milliner will be fine as a # 1 CB and Walls will be a good # 2.  I don't share the same sense of panic, I do think they are going to be okay. So I was just having some fun with it.

It's okay Max, I still think you're pretty.

yes, boyd was a rex favor. It just doesn't bother me that much when the "Idzik picks" are equally wasted and can't make the team. You know Rex wanted a man corner in FA - instead he has a 7th rd S starting opposite an UDFA with 21M of cap space sitting in Woody's pocket.

agreed , I do think the Myers of the world are lost blaming Idzik for revis , all of us know that revis and woody are dead to each other...but yea your right there's no defending the corner situation

I think what you think is wrong. where were you during free agency when the "irritants" were saying what the hell is izdik doing? only to be bludgeoned with offensive comments. I don't think I have ever heard or read the word "whinning" more times in my life, than during free agency on this board. the "idzik is god.he has a master plan, you don't know what you are talking about,stfu and stop your whinning" football genius crew around here, all of a sudden have some holes in their "football genius status". as of now, the "irritants" look more right than the "genius crew". just making up for the bs they had to endure acoupla short months ago

I think what you think is wrong. where were you during free agency when the "irritants" were saying what the hell is izdik doing? only to be bludgeoned with offensive comments. I don't think I have ever heard or read the word "whinning" more times in my life, than during free agency on this board. the "idzik is god.he has a master plan, you don't know what you are talking about,stfu and stop your whinning" football genius crew around here, all of a sudden have some holes in their "football genius status". as of now, the "irritants" look more right than the "genius crew". just making up for the bs they had to endure acoupla short months ago

The great thing about football is that its a game many of us played as kids and more.  This is not rocket science sh*t, there are many football genious.

Idzik's off the hook for his crappy cap management this offseason because my Madden team is fiscally irresponsible.

You're right, that totally makes sense.

What hook? He drafted a player in the third round and signed a veteran back-up. Injuries happen. He doesn't get a pass. It's just that we haven't played a game yet. Aren't you tired of posting the same exact post 50 times a day for the past three months?

Let the Jets actually lose a game before you fellate yourself in happiness that you were right this entire time. Would you be happier this year if the Jets went winless with yhe the worst pass defense ever or undefeated and won the superbowl?

I don't understand how, on this forum, people can moan about dumb crap like Jim Leonhard's punt return average, but yet this division 2 college level starting CB tandem is apparently acceptable because Idzik does the opposite of whatever Tanny would do.

What hook? He drafted a player in the third round and signed a veteran back-up. Injuries happen. He doesn't get a pass. It's just that we haven't played a game yet. Aren't you tired of posting the same exact post 50 times a day for the past three months?

For awhile it was, "be patient, it's only the first week of free agency." Then: "Quit complaining, it's only the 2nd month of free agency." Then: "Stop whining. There's still the draft." Then: "Sure he drafted injury-prone players, but injuries happen and you just can't predict that."

Getting hate at every turn. No apologies? That's fine. I'll keep calling it like I see it. You say the posts don't change? That's because the situation doesn't change.

For awhile it was, "be patient, it's only the first week of free agency." Then: "Quit complaining, it's only the 2nd month of free agency." Then: "Stop whining. There's still the draft." Then: "Sure he drafted injury-prone players, but injuries happen and you just can't predict that."

Getting hate at every turn. No apologies? That's fine. I'll keep calling it like I see it. You say the posts don't change? That's because the situation doesn't change.

There's a difference between making an argument to make a point and making an argument so people will pay attention to you. You moseyed on into the latter about 2 months ago.

Archived