Welcome JI Posters

Maxman

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi fellas,

Sorry I'm late.  Joined in 2005, took a wrong turn and wound up in the Mod's Lounge.  OMG, that place is sick!  I've never seen such strange goings on.  And WTF is that equipment for??????  Very disturbing.  Anyway, it took nine years to escape that horror scene and went to JI only to see the "sold" sign.  Finally made it back.

Anyway, Go Jets!!!!

Welcome. Sorry about what we did to you in there. i was told it was normal. 

Hi, folks,

JI refugee here. Member there since ... gulp ... 2001. Not happy with Scout. Honestly, I am amazed to see the number of former JI posters from years past and it's great to see (including TX, who makes me laugh and who shines a spotlight on our homer blindness). It's like reunion week. Anyway, like what I see here at JN. I am not a big contributor, but I appreciate all that you folks contribute.

CT Green

Hi, folks,

JI refugee here. Member there since ... gulp ... 2001. Not happy with Scout. Honestly, I am amazed to see the number of former JI posters from years past and it's great to see (including TX, who makes me laugh and who shines a spotlight on our homer blindness). It's like reunion week. Anyway, like what I see here at JN. I am not a big contributor, but I appreciate all that you folks contribute.

CT Green

thanks for signing up.  As i'm sure you can see none of us take ourselves too seriously and all just want to talk jets and have a good time. 

Welcome. Sorry about what we did to you in there. i was told it was normal. 

Thanks Joe.  No worries, I'm all healed up now.  What was that stuff that they put on my nipples?  Never mind, I don't really want to know.  

Hi all, old JI poster looking for a new home. I read through this thread and saw some names I have not seen in AGES, so I'm looking forward to interacting with you guys (even PatsFanTX). 

Thank you for signing up!  Ex-JIer here myself. Was a Top 5 post counter before getting thrown out in 2005.  :)

Just joined up with JN today.  I live out in the Chicago area and joined JI about 4 years ago when my son went off to college and I had nobody left to talk Jets with.  Looking forward to keeping the dialogue going over here.

Thanks for signing up.

Just joined up with JN today.  I live out in the Chicago area and joined JI about 4 years ago when my son went off to college and I had nobody left to talk Jets with.  Looking forward to keeping the dialogue going over here.

welcome to Jetnation  -  no affiliation with Red Sox nation.

old news I'm sure, but curious how that went down

Wow --- well there is a simple explanation for it.  It is all Tom Shane's fault.  We really never did anything bad, I don't think I ever had a single post deleted or even edited. I had never been banned. We would joke around a lot. I was told that Sean didn't find our group funny at all.  I guess the short version is there was some board drama. Soothie was fighting with someone else and he told that person to leave. Since it was a group of people who were all friendly Sooth told that person to take their flunkies with him (meaning Tom Shane and myself).

At that point it was clear we were no longer welcome there. So JetNation launched soon after that.

The funny part is all he had to do is wish JetNation luck and this place would have struggled. Instead we became the competition and we were able to do very well.  Last year we had over a million visits. And I think this year is looking even bigger with the current turn of events. :)

That is the really short version. I am writing a book, you will have to buy that for the longer version, lol.

If we were never told to leave, our post counts on JI would look like this:

TomShane:  2,435,241

Maxman:  2,435,238

Hey L__ 

It's the other John from The Rebel - Welcome aboard!

Wow --- well there is a simple explanation for it.  It is all Tom Shane's fault.  We really never did anything bad, I don't think I ever had a single post deleted or even edited. I had never been banned. We would joke around a lot. I was told that Sean didn't find our group funny at all.  I guess the short version is there was some board drama. Soothie was fighting with someone else and he told that person to leave. Since it was a group of people who were all friendly Sooth told that person to take their flunkies with him (meaning Tom Shane and myself).

At that point it was clear we were no longer welcome there. So JetNation launched soon after that.

The funny part is all he had to do is wish JetNation luck and this place would have struggled. Instead we became the competition and we were able to do very well.  Last year we had over a million visits. And I think this year is looking even bigger with the current turn of events. :)

That is the really short version. I am writing a book, you will have to buy that for the longer version, lol.

If we were never told to leave, our post counts on JI would look like this:

TomShane:  2,435,241

Maxman:  2,435,238

Hmmm Don't remember who that person was Max?? Well most of us that were there do but lets let it pass to the past where it belongs and just say, no way TS would have over 2 million he would have run out of fingers and toes before that.. :winking0001:

Welcome

Hi. Sup

Hey Lith, good to see ya.

Lith is good people.

Thanks for signing up.

welcome to Jetnation  -  no affiliation with Red Sox nation.

Hey L__ 

It's the other John from The Rebel - Welcome aboard!

Thanks, guys for the words of welcome.  Happy to be here -- now lets got on with the business of kicking some Raider butt.

NJ - will I see you down at the Rebel (now the Country Club) this afternoon.

Archived