Sporting News ranks Jets Idzik one of NFLs 5 worst GMs

joewilly12

But there's no reason to pump up Idzik by pointing to Tanny. Tanny sucked.

I wish we didn't have to make that comparison except that there are STILL people who forget just how bad he was.  Not to mention the two men have diametrically opposing viewpoints on how to build a roster.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch it there - you are making way too much sense. Don't you know high school injuries of any sort are predictive of ACL tears. Idzik is hopeless - every other GM avoids drafting players who have injured themselves in high school.

BTW the girl in the car there is "Layla" George's future wife who Eric Clapton stole from him and who broke Eric's heart and who Clapton wrote the song Layla about.

BUT.....the big difference between those two video RSJ is that one was thrown by a rookie QB and the other from a guy who continually made rookie mistakes up until he was mercifully taken out of the green and white Jets jersey. Same excuses too "I have to get better, I can't keep on doing..." Blah blah blah

Remember when Sanchez said his strategy for reducing turnovers was to "Just stop"?  Good times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchez-tired-turnovers-takes-article-1.1346028#ixzz3CAzHL01K

Sanchez said he’s making a concerted effort to cut down on his turnovers.

“Marty (Mornhinweg) touched on it,” said Sanchez, referring to the Jets’ new offensive coordinator. “It’s a mentality.

“There’s a point where you bite your nails . . . then you just stop. Whatever it takes. You just stop. It’s becomes a habit. It becomes just a way of thinking and a way of making decisions on the field.”

The Pats have a lot more flexibility to take risks like that though.

Disagree.  The Pats defense is the weakness of the team.  They were 26th in the league and the worst or close to it vs. the run. Granted, Wilfork was out but thats all the more reason why they need beef upfront.  Who knows how he'll be coming off injury and he's not getting any younger. 

I dont care how good you are, missing on first rounders hurts your team.  And the Jets took their "risk" in the 3rd round, where you take risks, not the first where you need playmakers. 

BTW the girl in the car there is "Layla" George's future wife who Eric Clapton stole from him and who broke Eric's heart and who Clapton wrote the song Layla about.

I remember when Harrison & Clapton were touring together I think in the 90s, the former was pretty funny when some reporter asked him if it was awkward to play that song - play it with Clapton at that - on the tour. Like, "Yeah, well it's a little weird [or awkward] but it's a great song" or something to that effect. It's not like Clapton was still with her anyway. Still, each guy wrote some pretty great tunes for/about her. 

I remember when Harrison & Clapton were touring together I think in the 90s, the former was pretty funny when some reporter asked him if it was awkward to play that song - play it with Clapton at that - on the tour. Like, "Yeah, well it's a little weird [or awkward] but it's a great song" or something to that effect. It's not like Clapton was still with her anyway. Still, each guy wrote some pretty great tunes for/about her. 

Yea and George's feeling was "at least she's with a good guy, and not some jerk" George was a BEATLE man, one thing he didn't have to worry about was the pookie department

The only good thing Belichick does in the draft is show an ability to acquire lots of picks.  It's a nice, cheap way to fill out the bottom of your roster, but his inability to acquire impact players, or at least capable starters, is the top reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl in a decade. 

# 2 is some weird rule that doesn't let you film opposing teams' practices.  No Fun League for sure.

Yea and George's feeling was "at least she's with a good guy, and not some jerk" George was a BEATLE man, one thing he didn't have to worry about was the pookie department

She must have been some piece of ass and not just good-looking. Either of those two could have anyone at any time. Hell, you'd give up your back door for Clapton if he asked you right now. Even more so if he told you he'd write a Layla II song about it.

only difference is that revis' injury happened 7 years into his all pro career. mcdougle wont take 1 meaningful snap in 2 seasons and hasn't proven 1 damn thing

Just saying. People seem to forget all about Revis' knee injury (and let's not forget all those hammy's through all of his first 4 games) while they bash Idzik for picking "glass man McDougle"

Just saying. People seem to forget all about Revis' knee injury (and let's not forget all those hammy's through all of his first 4 games) while they bash Idzik for picking "glass man McDougle"

bashing the mcdougle pick is just a small piece of ammo in the train wreck at the corner position that john idzik created. multiple, failed attempts at free agent corners, reaching for mcdougle, and then counting on mcdougle being his savior in all of this. all other moves aside, idzik failed horribly at the corner position. failures in personnel is on 1 man. that be the general manager

He was cheating on her left and and right anyways. They asked him about it a few years ago and he couldn't have given less of a sh*t. Still the same jackbag that he always was.

Guys I think we found our new Jets chant leader.  Just put this gif up on the videoboard whenever our defense needs a boost.

DUH:

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.  Vote for the leader of the fans. Lol. Too funny.  

If their marketing dept had any brains they'd take the pictures/applications of everyone who didn't have big t!ts and look like a class-B Jersey stripper, and throw it right in the garbage. THAT is what the fans want. Big t!ts trying to bust their way out of a too-tight shirt. Underboob exposure if it's warm enough for her to wear a cutoff. Jumping up & down on those 4 giant screens, egging 80,000 people on to scream for her. Do that, and the Jets will have their 12th man. You'll be able to hear the crowd from Deleware on visitors' 3rd downs.

If they do that, I'll be duly impressed. But it won't, because most marketing people are morons.

But no. These guys are going to try to get 80,000 people to make 12th-man noise because of an angry-looking cartoon football whose teeth are the laces.

*sigh*

that article is joke. He inherited such a cluster ****, bad contracts & cap to puttig us in a position to succeed.... Yeah he sucks

Improved at every position but guard (unless the lightbulb goes on for Winters) and corner (jury still out on Milliner) in 2 offseasons.  Bottom 5 GM.

Plus JJ Watt just got big money and Mo will be right around corner.  Seems pretty smart to me.

Yeah but the Texans resigned their guy till 2021.  The Jets haven't even talked to Wilkerson about his contract.  So far it just looks like they like paying him $1.6 million bucks.  Will they pay him $10 Million per year with a lot in guaranteed money?   Nobody knows, but so far the Jets haven't exactly been talking to Wilkerson about an extension.

An additional point on Milliner.  I marvel at the fact that people still rip this pick.  We'd traded away Revis already.  Then, inexplicably, Antonio Cromartie declines from being our best defensive player to the point where his only option was a 1-year show me deal with Arizona as a CB2.  This in a league that already had a huge shortage at corner.

Asking "Why did we draft Milliner?"  Seems almost silly now given what we know.  If he comes back from his injury and starts playing like he did last December we'll instead wonder "How bad would our CB situation be if we had NOT taken Milliner?"

Yeah but the Texans resigned their guy till 2021.  The Jets haven't even talked to Wilkerson about his contract.  So far it just looks like they like paying him $1.6 million bucks.  Will they pay him $10 Million per year with a lot in guaranteed money?   Nobody knows, but so far the Jets haven't exactly been talking to Wilkerson about an extension.

All the power was in our corner on this one (see below), so I understand why Idzik decided to wait.  Yes, he could have preempted talks and avoided having to pay him Watt money down the road.  Or Wilkerson could have suffered a major injury at some point in the next three years, making a megadeal look stupid (especially when we already have Richardson at the other DE spot).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/muhammad-wilkerson-im-underpaid-but-thats-part-of-the-business/

Wilkerson is set to make $1.2 million this year and the team has already exercised their option for 2015, which is worth just under $7 million. They could then conceivably use the franchise tag on Wilkerson for the 2016 season and spend a little more than $21 million for the next three years of Wilkerson’s service, something that would be a tremendous bargain if Wilkerson remains as productive as he’s been through his first three seasons.

Improved at every position but guard (unless the lightbulb goes on for Winters) and corner (jury still out on Milliner) in 2 offseasons.  Bottom 5 GM.

Really more of an indictment of Tannenbaum than proof that Idzik knows what he's doing. Tannenbaum was really bad. The Jets roster is still probably bottom half of the league.

Archived