I hate to ask, but what happens if the Jets lose to the Raiders?

AFJF

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes, I am more worried about the reaction say when we win by a just field goal. Really that's when its the end of the world is more nearer.

Exactly. Sometimes wins are games they really deserved to lose. All sorts of levels of unhappiness can be had week one. 

But seriously I don't see it happening.  Don't we own MJD?  And Matt Schaub?  And rookie QB's making their NFL debut (if its Carr)? 

To be honest Id be more comfortable facing the rook than Schaub, who is well and truly into his Pennington years.

That said I still think we'll punish the black hole like Brady..........

punishes a black hole...

If we do not win, it will cause mass hysteria on this board...here are the thread headlines:

1) IDZIK'S PLAN NOT WORKING

2) Rex's secondary sucks

3) Geno still Sucks

4) My life Sucks

5) You whiners suck

6) You positive mofos suck 

and the T0mShane Thread

7) We are going 0-16 this year.

So you can see, there would be mass hysteria.

Honestly, a loss here could impact us in the playoff race. Its one game but we really cannot afford a loss in a very winnable game. Also, it depends on the type of loss. Did our secondary blow up? Was our O effective? was it a close loss or did we get blown out? Again, it would depend. Still any loss would be terrible.  

LL

Seriously, with all the talk about weeks 2-7, how would Jets fans react to heading in to those weeks after a loss to the lowly Raiders?

Should start preparing for that scenario , because that's what going to happen. After that occurs, you have 15 games more to go. have to take baby steps.

If the Jets do lose this game then I would not be the least bit surprised because they are known to fall to inferior opponents in their less then glorious history. That Jets secondary is scary bad that Derek Carr is the kind of QB that airs the football out from what I saw when he was at Fresno St.

The Season would be off to a brutal start because of what they face the weeks after the raiders. Packers,Bears,Lions,Chargers,Broncos,Patriots this could get bad if they lose to the Raiders.

Seriously, with all the talk about weeks 2-7, how would Jets fans react to heading in to those weeks after a loss to the lowly Raiders?

It would go something like this from a thread starting perspective:

Fire Rex Ryan

Fire John Idzick

Geno Sucks

Start Mike Vick

CJ's done

It's all Woody's fault

BUMP: Kyle Wilson sucks threads

BUMP: Someone predicting a week one loss

BUMP: The Jets regret Revis

Someone tries a look on the brightside positive thread and gets absolutely bashed for it.

Rex Ryan's press conference will be the worst thing a Head Coach has ever done.

Season over thread.

Should start preparing for that scenario , because that's what going to happen. After that occurs, you have 15 games more to go. have to take baby steps.

As a Jets fan I'm always prepared for it, but the worse the opponent, the harder the loss.  Not many teams in the NFL worse to lose to than the Raiders.  Maybe the Browns?

Wouldn't be the end of the world. The media would paint us as terrible, which could setup a trap game and win in week2.

But a loss would look (to me) like our 2014 playoff scenarios will be the usual 10-6 / 9-7 variety.  Not 14-2 with a bye, which would really show me we've turned a corner.

Archived