Wegman's

AFJF

Who else has been?  I made my first trip there this weekend and I was completely blown away.  The only place I've ever been that I can say was better was Harrod's in London, and that place is about ten times more expensive.  There is no way anyone can convince me there's a better supermarket chain in the US.  Absolutely amazing.

For those of you who have never had the privilege, it's a supermarket that has a food court consisting of freshly made pizza, fresh sushi, a chinese buffet, and an amazing cheese section to name a few items.  I will NEVER buy food anywhere else.

They started here in Rochester.  Great stores and the owner is good to his employees.  They routinely rank in the top 100 places to work in the country which for a grocery store is pretty impressive.

Wegmans, trees, neighborhoods, and charm are a few reasons Rochester blows away a cesspool like Jacksonville, FL.  

They started here in Rochester.  Great stores and the owner is good to his employees.  They routinely rank in the top 100 places to work in the country which for a grocery store is pretty impressive.

Wegmans, trees, neighborhoods, and charm are a few reasons Rochester blows away a cesspool like Jacksonville, FL.  

I lived across from one in Geneva NY when I was in Grad school.  They built one here in Farifax about 2 years ago.  Can;t go near that place n the weekend.  I go late night with Mrs Crusher.  I

In plans to open a couple up in NJ but not close enough to me to make it regularly. I've been to one out in PA near the Sister-In-Law and the place looked amazing. Hopefully more will be opening up around here soon. 

They're planning on opening one right in the center of my small hometown and it's got a war going with the townspeople.  Some shady dealings between the mayor/council have come up apparently.

We've had 2 open here in Massachusetts and they are beautiful stores.  Sadly none of them are close enough for me to give up my local stores since their prices arent much better than Stop & Shop or Shaws and I get much better prices from Market Basket.

While I get their prepared food section is amazing, i just dont frequent those often enough for it to make a difference in where I shop.  But I get why people in upstate NY love it so much since its such a different shopping experience.

Just moved to Syracuse last year, and have been shopping at the local Wegmans.  I am not impressed.  Their meats are tough, and 5 tjime we brought home spoiled meat.  Meat dept... not good...  The rest of the store is nice and clean but I bit more expensive than the other local stores.  Just my experiences... fwiw.

Who else has been?  I made my first trip there this weekend and I was completely blown away.  The only place I've ever been that I can say was better was Harrod's in London, and that place is about ten times more expensive.  There is no way anyone can convince me there's a better supermarket chain in the US.  Absolutely amazing.

For those of you who have never had the privilege, it's a supermarket that has a food court consisting of freshly made pizza, fresh sushi, a chinese buffet, and an amazing cheese section to name a few items.  I will NEVER buy food anywhere else.

Whole Foods is pretty equivalent, just a bit heavier with "Organic" vibe.

Wegmans is good, and the extra is nice, but for pure food shopping, Harris Teeter is my fav.

For an occasional "lunch whilst food shopping", Wegmans or Whole Foods, aye.

Archived