How many wins in 2014 for the JETS?

BroadwayJets

Curious to see how the board believes we'll pan out...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do you think the JETS win this year?

• <4
    • Enough for the Super Bowl

I'm not putting too much stock in the schedule.  No one knows how strong a schedule really is until a few games are played. 

That being said, last year we were a 6-10 team that managed to go 8-8.  The roster is improved overall so that the "good luck" factor we had last year won't lead us to a more "deserving" 6-10 record this year.  I'll go with 9 wins.  Rex's destiny will be based on whether those 9 wins gets us to the postseason or not.

I'm not putting too much stock in the schedule.  No one knows how strong a schedule really is until a few games are played. 

That being said, last year we were a 6-10 team that managed to go 8-8.  The roster is improved overall so that the "good luck" factor we had last year won't lead us to a more "deserving" 6-10 record this year.  I'll go with 9 wins.  Rex's destiny will be based on whether those 9 wins gets us to the postseason or not.

I'm not putting a huge amount of stock into the point differential thing from last year, either. The Jets were terrible in the turnover differential department last year, not only with Geno giving it away, but the defense being unable to land on a fumble. Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure the Jets were the worst in the league last year with just two fumble recoveries. That's some bad luck right there, and led to that point differential in a very real way.

If Geno can cut down on the turnovers, and the ball bounces a little more favorably, 10 wins can be a realistic number.

I say we go 10-6, make the WC and lose in the divisional round

Raiders W

Green Bay L

Bears W

Lions W

Chargers L

Broncos L

Patriots L

Bills W

Chiefs L

Steelers W

BYE

Bills W

Dolphins L

Vikings W

Titans W

Patriots W

Dolphins W

AFC teams that make the playoffs:

Pats

Broncos

Bengals

Colts

Jets

Chiefs

I think about 9 wins.  Offense should be better than last year (no where to go but up, really).  Defense scares me, though.  I hope its great, but they seemed to make average quarterbacks look like Joe Montana last year, and with the CBs banged up.... Oakland game has me worried to start.

Archived