Enunwa charged with Assault

jetstream23

Grabbed a girl by her ankle to pull her off a bed.  She bumped her head and injured a finger.  

I've been there.  I've done that. 

She's listed on the injury report....

Questionable - Upper body injury.

bill-belichick-d5c6cd70e9f405ed.jpg

Wow..this draft class is snake bitten.

Rd 3 : MacDougal (Out for the season)

Rd 4:  Midget (Seizure)

Rd 4:  Butterfingers  Shaq Evans( out for the season with shoulder injury )

Rd 6:  Brandon Dixon (cut and on Tampa PS)

Rd 6:  Enunwa. (Cut and charged with assault)

Rd 6: Tajh Boyd (Cut)

Am i missing anyone.

LOL at our fourth rounder, Midget.

I get the feeling that a ton more young players are going to be charged going forward. I can just see ho's making up charges knowing that faced with a 6 game suspension, players will pony up 3-4 game checks to avoid the suspension.  I'm not saying all women are ho's, but you know they are out there.

Wow..this draft class is snake bitten.

Rd 3 : MacDougal (Out for the season)

Rd 4:  Midget (Seizure)

Rd 4:  Butterfingers  Shaq Evans( out for the season with shoulder injury )

Rd 6:  Brandon Dixon (cut and on Tampa PS)

Rd 6:  Enunwa. (Cut and charged with assault)

Rd 6: Tajh Boyd (Cut)

Am i missing anyone.

Yeah, like half our draft class to be specific. Whats important here is that the jets have kept 10 of the 12 rookies they drafted, I know many people wont get this because people like the flashy glittery things...such as "starters", but our depth problem will be a thing of the past as soon as next season where we will bring in another 7 rookies while having a healthy McDougle and Evans along with a year under the belt of these 10 rookies and a couple nice free agent signings to add flavor. I've said it last year and I'll say it again, Idzik will be the best thing to happen to the Jets organization since 1969. The man is putting together a football team, and whatever "mistakes" he makes he cuts them and replaces them with something better (Goodson replaced by Johnson, Patterson replaced by someone who wants to come to work) and whatever mistakes his predecessor made he cuts them too (Stephen Hill). The Jets are fine. 

http://nypost.com/2014/09/03/jets-rookie-receiver-arrested-for-domestic-violence/

Jets rookie receiver arrested for domestic violence

Cops busted Jets practice squad receiver Quincy Enunwa for allegedly roughing up a woman at a New Jersey hotel, authorities said Wednesday.

Enunwa, a 22-year-old rookie and sixth-round pick from Nebraska, was charged with simple assault, stemming from a 7:19 p.m. incident Sunday at the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel, according to Florham Park police.

He was booked and released without bail.

Gang Green cut Enunwa to get down to their 53-man roster, before picking him up again for the practice squad on Tuesday.

It wasn’t immediately clear how Enunwa could be disciplined under the NFL’s new guidelines on domestic violence.

The NFL last week announced sweeping new penalties for players busted for domestic violence. First-time offenders face a six-game suspension and a second offense brings a lifetime ban.

“It will be reviewed under the policy,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Enunwa is accused of “grabbing the victim by her ankle and pulling her off a bed causing her to strike and injure both her head and finger,” according to charging documents obtained by TMZ.com.

The alleged victim suffered minor injuries but was not taken to the hospital, authorities said.

Both Enunwa and Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to discuss the matter Wednesday.

“I’m aware of the situation, but it’s a pending legal matter so I’m not going to comment on it,” Ryan said.

Enunwa said he doesn’t believe his arrest had an impact on the Jets’ decision re-sign him to the practice squad.

“I spoke to people in the building. The decisions made were made,” he said. “It’s a pending legal matter. Nobody is holding it against me until we find out everything that is going on.”

A rep for the hotel could not be immediately reached for comment Wednesday.

Didn't see this (or the article above) until just this morning. And while just being on TMZ's website makes me feel dirty (and somehow, shameful)...

NY Jets Rookie Arrested for Assault After Alleged Hotel Fight
9/3/2014 11:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NY Jets rookie wide receiver Quincy Enunwa -- a 6th round pick from Nebraska -- was arrested Sunday evening after allegedly getting into a fight at a New Jersey hotel ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

Officials say ... 22-year-old Enunwa -- who's currently on the Jets practice squad -- was charged with simple assault stemming from an altercation while staying at the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel. 

Cops say Enunwa -- the MVP of the 2014 Gator Bowl -- was transported to a nearby station where he was booked and released. 

We're told the alleged victim suffered minor injuries and did not need to go to the hospital. Cops have not revealed the ID of the other person involved or explained why the two were fighting in the first place. 

FYI -- Enunwa was cut from the Jets the day after the arrest ... but was eventually signed to the practice squad 24 hours later.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/03/ny-jets-rookie-quincy-enunwa-arrested-assault-after-hotel-fight/#ixzz3CLIJt0zl

Then updated to:

NY Jets Rookie Accused of Attacking Woman ... Denies Allegation
9/3/2014 1:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New details in the arrest of NY Jets rookie Quincy Enunwa ... now, we've learned the alleged victim is a woman ... who claims Quincy got violent in their NJ hotel room. 

TMZ Sports obtained official charging documents which show the 22-year-old wide receiver -- currently on the Jets practice squad -- is accused of "grabbing the victim by her ankle and pulling her off a bed causing her to strike and injure both her head and finger."

As we first reported, Enunwa was arrested Sunday evening ... and according to documents obtained by TMZ Sports, Enunwa pled not guilty to the domestic violence charge. 

Enunwa was released a short time later ... and the judge ordered him to refrain from "future acts of domestic violence."

Of course, the NFL just announced a new tougher policy when it comes to punishing domestic violence offenders ... after a public backlash over Ray Rice's soft 2 game suspension.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/03/jets-rookie-onochie-quincy-enunwa-pleads-not-guilty-domestic-violence/#ixzz3CLIeJ7Z8

So after booking him they (the cops) released him pretty much right away. Again, it is "simple assault" but even if he wasn't really at fault somehow, it's still idiotic of Enunwa to put himself in this situation.

Seriously....some of the decisions these guys make is mind blowing.

Maybe "if he wasn't really at fault somehow" was a poor choice of words. More like, if it isn't as bad as it sounds.  

It's in his hotel room, so for all we know it's a hooker. Still trying to imagine what "not so bad" he was grabbing her ankle (pull her off the bed when she wouldn't leave?), which would still be stupid, but it's not like he could comfortably just call the Wyndham security guys to get the hooker he called out of his room. Or maybe he tried that and she kept hanging up the phone.

Not saying any of this happened; he may just be your regular, classic thugturd and there's nothing more to read into this. But grabbing an ankle MAY suggest more of a GTFO after she refused 5x. On the surface it seems different than a girlfriend/wife who shows up at the police station with a shiner, or after neighbors call the cops and they see this guy in a violent rage.

So we'll see. But at best - AT BEST - he's a f*cking imbecile.

Doesn't say whether the Jets did or didn't know about the arrest yet when they initially cut from the 53 or when they re-signed him to the PS. Could be they knew but they'd rather wait & see what the facts are before betting one of their 53 roster spots on him.

Are you the stoicsentry that posts on the PSD Mets forum? If so, you're just as awful a poster over there as you are here.

#1. I've already explained that that is NOT me. That is another guy who shares the same favorite teams, the same general disposition and happened to choose the same user name.

#2. If any posters should be IP banned it's anonymous coward jackasses like yourself.

#1. I've already explained that that is NOT me. That is another guy who shares the same favorite teams, the same general disposition and happened to choose the same user name.

#2. If any posters should be IP banned it's anonymous coward jackasses like yourself.

Would the same general disposition you're referring to be "absolutely in no way stoic whatsoever"?  I think it's safe to say that ship has long since sailed, and this post itself seems to support that.  Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of this board is no better, but most of us don't try to claim otherwise. :tongue:

Would the same general disposition you're referring to be "absolutely in no way stoic whatsoever"?  I think it's safe to say that ship has long since sailed, and this post itself seems to support that.  Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of this board is no better, but most of us don't try to claim otherwise. :tongue:

I was fine before I got here. You guys are responsible for what's happened to me. :)

don't know if this was posted but

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-reviewing-jets-wrs-domestic-222652338--nfl.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -- The NFL is reviewing the arrest of New York Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa under its new domestic violence policy as police released details Thursday of last weekend's incident.

Enunwa, a member of the Jets' practice squad, was arrested and charged with domestic violence and simple assault Sunday night, according to an arrest report released by the Florham Park Police Dept. The 22-year-old Enunwa pleaded not guilty Wednesday and was released on his own recognizance.

It wasn't clear what the relationship was between Enunwa and the female victim.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced last week tougher penalties for players accused of domestic violence, including a six-week suspension for a first offense and at least a year for a second. League spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press in an email that Enunwa's incident ''is being reviewed under the policy.''

Enunwa practiced Thursday after declining comment to reporters a day earlier, saying it was ''a pending legal matter.'' Jets coach Rex Ryan and the team also declined comment on details of the incident.

Police said that Enunwa grabbed the woman by her ankle and pulled her off a hotel bed, ''causing her to strike and injure both her head and finger,'' according to a police complaint obtained by NJ.com.

One of the conditions of Enunwa's release was ''no future acts of domestic violence,'' according to the complaint.

Police also released a 911 call in which someone calling from the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel - located less than 1 mile from the Jets' training facility - said that he was with a woman who was injured in the lobby.

''It's over now, but you know, it's a heated argument and we have a woman who's injured,'' the unidentified man said in the call.

Enunwa was a sixth-round pick in the NFL draft in May after he had 12 touchdowns for Nebraska last season and was the Gator Bowl MVP. He made the Jets' initial 53-man roster last Saturday, but was cut Monday when the team made other player moves. New York signed him to the practice squad - meaning he is not on the active roster for games - on Tuesday.

Ryan said Thursday the Jets knew about the arrest before they added him to the practice squad, but then backtracked and said he couldn't remember specifically the sequence of events.

Ryan added that he thought the NFL's new policy on domestic violence is ''appropriate,'' but didn't relate it specifically to Enunwa's situation.

''There's different circumstances to every case and, this thing, we'll see what happens,'' Ryan said.

The Jets open the regular season Sunday against the Oakland Raiders at MetLife Stadium.

---

Associated Press writer Josh Cornfield in Trenton, New Jersey, contributed to this report.

Archived