Geno Smith...

ARodJetsFan

He dove in from the side, not from behind.  http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Woodson-intercepts-Geno-Smith/087cc74b-2ed3-4a37-9e40-025620248c00

I don't think Decker had any chance on that but maybe he could have come back at it and broken it up.  Not even sure he saw Woodson either.

So, he was not in front of Decker, anymore?  I never said he came from behind, I said he came from nowhere, look at my previous post.  :Banane43:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He dove in from the side, not from behind.  http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Woodson-intercepts-Geno-Smith/087cc74b-2ed3-4a37-9e40-025620248c00

I don't think Decker had any chance on that but maybe he could have come back at it and broken it up.  Not even sure he saw Woodson either.

Geno saw Woodson off to Deckers side, he just thought that he could throw the ball faster than Woodson could cover the ground...you could see this because he really put extra mustard on the pass. He just ended up guessing incorrectly in this case. 

Geno saw Woodson off to Deckers side, he just thought that he could throw the ball faster than Woodson could cover the ground...you could see this because he really put extra mustard on the pass. He just ended up guessing incorrectly in this case. 

Agreed.  Can't kill Geno for it.  Just learn from it. 

I'm not engaging in a battle of semantics.  It was a great play by Woodson. 

My recollection is that Woodson was clearly in front of Decker.  Short of wrapping him up, Decker didn't really have a chance. Still, it was a great play by Woodson and one Geno will watch over and over and hopefully learn from and not repeat too often.

I didn't see Geno's second fumble.  Was it as bad as the first?

No, the fumble was on a sack where multiple guys got through the line and sacked/hit him.  He's just lucky he didn't get hurt, considering he recovered it himself.

Either Geno Smith is average or Andrew Luck is super overrated. Because they look like fairly similar passers.

This idea that Luck is some singular prodigy is media fluff. If you look at their stats, Luck is only marginally better than Ryan Tannehill over the course of their two years. Luck's career qb rating is 81.5 and Tannehill's is 79.1. And let's not forget about Luck's 6 TD 8 INT in the playoffs.

Yeah he's really good, and he'll be one of the better QBs in the AFC for a long time, but he's no second coming of Peyton.

This idea that Luck is some singular prodigy is media fluff. If you look at their stats, Luck is only marginally better than Ryan Tannehill over the course of their two years. Luck's career qb rating is 81.5 and Tannehill's is 79.1. And let's not forget about Luck's 6 TD 8 INT in the playoffs.

Yeah he's really good, and he'll be one of the better QBs in the AFC for a long time, but he's no second coming of Peyton.

Yup. Nice post.

That fumble was on Marty and not Geno. Why the heck do you have two qb's on the field at the goal line and he calls a fake for Geno in the first place. What's the point of having Ivory, Johnson & Powell? The fumble was bad, however the playcall was the worst.

it seemed like MM lost his mind every time the Jets got down to the red zone.   I wish we had some insight into what was going there or what they were trying to do b/c the play calling was atrocious. 

I think even though Geno had nice numbers today, the interception was a product of his locking into one side of the field after he does a quick scan after the snap. I would say on an eye test, he does this around 80% of the time.

Secondly, he's good at evading pressure but indecisive on committing to the rush or finding an open receiver. Also, his ball protection is going to be a problem if not addressed.

Too often he is not hitting receivers in stride on patterns. Decker is WR1 and yet his balls (except that beautiful fade) came in open space on flat feet. Same with a nice play with Kerley etc. This is basically normal and hopefully will get better over time as they get to know each other and develop chemistry.. Because that combo does have the potential to be lethal.

Archived