Only the Jets....

Jetfan13

Coples is turning into an interesting player.  Looks a lot like Bryan Thomas.  Came into the league looking like strictly a pass rusher, he seems to be developing into a well balanced stuff the run in the backfield guy, who also brings heat in the pass rush.

Would like to see him get some sacks, but I've been very impressed with him in the preseason, and again yesterday 

Coples is turning into an interesting player.  Looks a lot like Bryan Thomas.  Came into the league looking like strictly a pass rusher, he seems to be developing into a well balanced stuff the run in the backfield guy, who also brings heat in the pass rush.

Would like to see him get some sacks, but I've been very impressed with him in the preseason, and again yesterday 

Hard to get sacks when the ball is coming out of the QB's hands in 2 seconds flat on almost every play in a short passing attack.  

Coples was a handful yesterday.  I focused on him a lot.  He's a monster.  He constantly beats up on the OL.  Feel bad for the dudes blocking him.   

He's not going to light up the stat sheet like Jets fans want.  But he disrupts the offense in a major way.  He can collapse an entire side of OL and really ugly a play up.  

That was his one tackle for the entire game. One.

How many tackles do you want him to have? The Jets defense was barely on the field yesterday. 

THE HORROR!!!!!

Sheldon Richardson had zero. Davis playing ILB had 3 which a whopping and unprecedented 2 more than Coples.

The Raiders ran the ball 15 times.  Shame Coples wasnt making tackles in the secondary. 

THE HORROR!!!!!

Sheldon Richardson had zero. Davis playing ILB had 3 a whopping, an unprecedented 2 more than Coples.

The Raiders ran the ball 15 times.  Shame Coples wasnt making tackles in the secondary. 

WHAT A BUST, THANX IDZIK.

THE HORROR!!!!!

Sheldon Richardson had zero. Davis playing ILB had 3 a whopping, an unprecedented 2 more than Coples.

The entire defense had a good game. It wasn't even just individual plays, it was a lot of tandem work. Those batted balls, timing blitzes, read screens, and pocket collapses all happen because one guy forced pressure or occupied blockers and another guy made the play. Can't really find fault with them that game other than actually creating a turnover when they definitely had chances.

Also, loved watching Pryor have a clean hit yesterday and the offensive guy just winces in pain. Hope he keeps it up, he really flashes a lot like how Polamalu plays. Hope he plays up to his potential.

The entire defense had a good game. It wasn't even just individual plays, it was a lot of tandem work. Those batted balls, timing blitzes, read screens, and pocket collapses all happen because one guy forced pressure or occupied blockers and another guy made the play. Can't really find fault with them that game other than actually creating a turnover when they definitely had chances.

Also, loved watching Pryor have a clean hit yesterday and the offensive guy just winces in pain. Hope he keeps it up, he really flashes a lot like how Polamalu plays. Hope he plays up to his potential.

So what you're saying is a guy can play really good as part of a team defense and not have it show up in the stat sheet?

no-way-o.gif

Hard to get sacks when the ball is coming out of the QB's hands in 2 seconds flat on almost every play in a short passing attack.

Coples was a handful yesterday. I focused on him a lot. He's a monster. He constantly beats up on the OL. Feel bad for the dudes blocking him.

He's not going to light up the stat sheet like Jets fans want. But he disrupts the offense in a major way. He can collapse an entire side of OL and really ugly a play up.

You watch Jets games in a "sports bar" in Jacksonville, no doubt on a 19" cathode ray tube television mounted in the corner with a coat-hanger antenna hanging off if it. The only thing you "focused on" was not getting hepatitis from the nachos.

You watch Jets games in a "sports bar" in Jacksonville, no doubt on a 19" cathode ray tube television mounted in the corner with a coat-hanger antenna hanging off if it. The only thing you "focused on" was not getting hepatitis from the nachos.

I'm gonna play passive aggressive Pats troll on this one: that's fine and good. Attack the poster when you have nothing of value to add to the football conversation! I came here to talk football. 

Yep.  What they ask Coples and others on the line do, is thankless at times.  A lot of what Coples does is to free someone else up.  It was a solid team performance on D.

I made the same comparison about Pryor after the preseason.  He's got those natural instincts, closes really fast and lays wood. He's exciting to watch. Pretty sure they found a stud.  With Clowney going out injured, dare I say the Jets could possibly have back to back DROY's?  If he snagged that easy pick six that he dropped yesterday, he'd be well on his way.

I have a very deep understanding of Football.  Your jealousy is noted. 

C'mon T0m, if you didn't think Coples had a good game yesterday you must have been passed out

Simply the defense played very well spare one unbelievable catch. Really hard to fault them for much. Most of the accumulated stats by the Raiders was when  the game wa or should have been well in hand except for the various offensive miscues. It was a 2 score game most of the 2nd half, so trading yards for clock is sometimes a good strategy.,

A lot to focus on yesterday aside from "following the ball" but on the few plays I watched Coples I thought "wow, so much for lack of effort" the guy was gettin' after it and was tough to block.  Also saw AA lined up in the WR's face a few times.  Saw somebody mention earlier that he was playing "off" too much but I think it just depended on the call.  They definitely weren't afraid to let him press.

Please buy a new sarcasm meter. Yours is broken. Thanks. Lol.

Wait... mine might be broken, too. Lol again.

I'm usually snarky, but that post wasn't intended to be.   The runner's own foot just happened to swing up to where the stripped ball was floating in space.  A defender shouldn't be credited for that.  

...I do however think he deserves credit for the tackle and the strip.

I'm usually snarky, but that post wasn't intended to be.   The runner's own foot just happened to swing up to where the stripped ball was floating in space.  A defender shouldn't be credited for that.  

...I do however think he deserves credit for the tackle and the strip.

You do not understand the meaning of my post. If it were any other team it would have gone to a defender, but not our Jets.

could have a bone jarring hit causing a fumble get kicked into the air right to the only opposing player within 20 yds.

That Coples guy really is a bust, isn't he?

Yep since it was the only thing he did the entire afternoon rest of the game he was invisible

Archived