Ravens release Ray Rice

Jetfan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate all the angst, but what confuses me is - how did everyone "think" she got knocked out? I mean, he already copped to knocking her out, so now that people got see it on video, it somehow became SO much worse that the Ravens released him and Goodell changed his punishment? We knew he knocked her out - what changed?

I appreciate all the angst, but what confuses me is - how did everyone "think" she got knocked out? I mean, he already copped to knocking her out, so now that people got see it on video, it somehow became SO much worse that the Ravens released him and Goodell changed his punishment? We knew he knocked her out - what changed?

A lot of people thought she was piss drunk and he shoved her or gave her a smack not dropped her with a left cross.

I said he knocked her the **** out when the first video came out and a few posters were saying she was drunk, she's over doing it, faking etc.

The second video pretty much fixed that.

You don't get suspended and forced to go to Anger Management because your gf is drunk. Just seems like a lot of people are over dramatizing what we all knew was true months ago - including you.

I said he knocked her the **** out when the first video came out and a few posters were saying she was drunk, she's over doing it, faking etc.

The second video pretty much fixed that.

Lot of people were buying his version of the story too, which apparently was she attacked him and that the punch didn't knock her out, it was the fall to the handrail.

Ray Rice, er I mean Brown, delivers.  His next career stop, and he will need the regular work.

His newly legitimized hood rat boo will take his sorry ass to the cleaners, and you just know his hasn't been phi beta kappa with his money.  He is so phucked.

Right? I mean, you beat one woman and all of a sudden you're a woman-beater. What is the world coming to?

Amen. I mean, I can go 29 straight years as a model citizen and then one day I haul off and shoot someone in the face and all of a sudden I'm a labeled as a murderer? Like, what gives!?

It's like the banning of Ray Rice is an indictment of our whole society. If we are to not let wife beaters make millions of dollars playing football, what's next? We could all be next. That's what. ALL of us.

lol - some POTW NOMs in here.

You don't get suspended and forced to go to Anger Management because your gf is drunk. Just seems like a lot of people are over dramatizing what we all knew was true months ago - including you.

I agree the sanctimony is a little thick but I imagined the knockout occurred in response to an attack..  I didn't expect to see him instigate the fisticuffs.  

But again..  his wife forgave him, married him, and defended him.  If the so called victim is his biggest cheerleader then it's hard to feel much sympathy for her. 

lol i seen that.  They wanted it to fly as far under the radar as possible. 

They've been waiting for something big. Nice way to be under the radar.

NCAA lifting the Penn St suspension today is sooo NCAA.

HA I saw that and two thoughts popped into my mind:

(1) they were in cahoots with the NFL and hoped that dropping that news might take some heat off the NFL (quid pro quo situation ....)

or (2) they wanted to fly under the radar and 4 months from now everyone will be like "what when did they become BCS aligible again and get all their scholarships back... meh" and think nothing of it. (this is obviously the much more likely of situations)

Cockbags. 

Am I the only one who wasn't disturbed by the video? Hearing people talk about it all morning and not seeing right away hyped it up to be like some gruesome torture scene in a horror film when it was just a quick hit. Awful yes, but people are going overboard in describing it.

WHY? I mean who HASN'T punched a chick out and left her unconscious on an elevator floor?

All joking aside, funny how Goodell only takes it real seriousy when TMZ releases it yesterday, it had been out and around though for months, Cris Carter, Mort and others had seen it back in May.  Too  bad Commissh Chiorby didn't take Belichik's cheating prior to the game's biggest event quite as seriously, and let's face it that crime was much worse (for that old axiom that we haven't heard much of lately "for the integrity of the game") than this personal issue.

All joking aside, funny how Goodell only takes it real seriousy when TMZ releases it yesterday, it had been out and around though for months, Cris Carter, Mort and others had seen it back in May.  Too  bad Commissh Chiorby didn't take Belichik's cheating prior to the game's biggest event quite as seriously, and let's face it that crime was much worse (for that old axiom that we haven't heard much of lately "for the integrity of the game") than this personal issue.

Goodell needs to go. 

You mean his non-retraction retraction?

Yes.

Yeah how great is that. Either the NFL is lying, or he doesn't fact check his sources. Love it.

Oh and his July article said NFL and Raven's, the retraction only spoke of the league official refuting it... No comment on the Raven's part?

Yeah how great is that. Either the NFL is lying, or he doesn't fact check his sources. Love it.

Oh and his July article said NFL and Raven's, the retraction only spoke of the league official refuting it... No comment on the Raven's part?

If the end result of this whole sad affair is Goodell is gone and Peter King loses his job... it'll be a net win. 

And also here's Rice's attorney a week after the plea deal where the both of them were sticking to the story they told Goodell and the Ravens. In hindsight, this is pretty ******* awful:

"This is just a complete hypothetical. Let's assume for the sake of argument, rather than enter into the pretrial diversionary program that Rice entered into, we hypothetically move forward on the case. And hypothetically we litigate 100 motions and the video comes out and the video shows — hypothetically speaking now, hypothetically speaking — shows that Ray wasn't the first person that hit and Ray was getting repeatedly hit but just Ray hit harder, fired one back and hit harder. Hypothetically speaking, and he gets found not guilty. Is that result somehow better? Is it better for the public? Is it better for the Ravens? Is it better for Ray? Is it better for Janay?"

All joking aside, funny how Goodell only takes it real seriousy when TMZ releases it yesterday, it had been out and around though for months, Cris Carter, Mort and others had seen it back in May. Too bad Commissh Chiorby didn't take Belichik's cheating prior to the game's biggest event quite as seriously, and let's face it that crime was much worse (for that old axiom that we haven't heard much of lately "for the integrity of the game") than this personal issue.

Mort was on all last night saying all are saying that no one saw it. He never once said he saw the video.

And also here's Rice's attorney a week after the plea deal where the both of them were sticking to the story they told Goodell and the Ravens. In hindsight, this is pretty ******* awful:

This is where Rice and his attorney were too clever by half.   Rice rolled the dice that the tape didn't come out knowing all along that it existed.   In hindsight, his only chance of playing again was taking the year off and probably doing some nominal time in county jail (maybe 30 days - 6months).   This would have given the appearance of "paying debts" and then allowing him a 2nd chance next year.  

Instead he took the chance the tape wouldn't come out.  Now, like Donald Sterling before him, he's caught on tape and had to go.  

This is where Rice and his attorney were too clever by half.   Rice rolled the dice that the tape didn't come out knowing all along that it existed.   In hindsight, his only chance of playing again was taking the year off and probably doing some nominal time in county jail (maybe 30 days - 6months).   This would have given the appearance of "paying debts" and then allowing him a 2nd chance next year.  

Instead he took the chance the tape wouldn't come out.  Now, like Donald Sterling before him, he's caught on tape and had to go.  

Not to mention being totally comfortable with his attorney smearing his wife. What a sh*tbag.

Can I ask why?

What the guy did was terrible and I'm not defending him.  However, if you had 60 seconds of massive stupidity out of 29 years of being a very respectable member of society is that grounds for you to lose your job and not be employable for the rest of your life?

We have laws that protect people from that sort of thing.

SAR I

Most people who commit crimes like this and do their time (which he never will) get out of prison and are lucky if they can even get a crappy job. These guys get to play a kid's game for millions of dollars and have children looking up to them as role models. I just really think they need to put an end to this sort of thing in the NFL with players who commit violent crimes ... not just Ray Rice. Just my opinion of course.

Holy crap.  That kind of answers the question of what's so different between what we previously knew and what the video showed, doesn't it?  I may be mistaken here, but didn't Rice's wife also make comments at the time that made it sound as though she was essentially conceding to Rice's version of the story, even if not getting into the details?

That's a pretty significant difference from reality, and gives you some insight as to why many of his teammates were so disgusted by what they had been told by him.

I agree the sanctimony is a little thick but I imagined the knockout occurred in response to an attack.. I didn't expect to see him instigate the fisticuffs.

But again.. his wife forgave him, married him, and defended him. If the so called victim is his biggest cheerleader then it's hard to feel much sympathy for her.

Victim. Not so-called. That she forgave, married, and defended him doesn't change the fact that she was the victim of a violent criminal act. That it took place at the hands of the man who would become her husband seems to me to make her even more sympathetic, but then I'm not a misogynist.

Archived